• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

Thoughts going into Game 3

Rate this topic

i think we need a split, or eveything we#ve gained in these 2 games will mean nothing..

the flames are s*** SCARED of us right now, as i imagine most of the NHL is..

we've got 4 lines, all playing AWESOME

They have the new element of their roaring building. We're going to have to throw in the new element of a roaring 'Tuzzi. We have to match them on every aspect and keep them down.

I'd simplify the game even more in the Saddledome....get the puck out quick, dump the puck in and forecheck the hell out of the Flames D. Keep skating.

yeah, that's why having Bert back will be so key. Plus we won't have last change. Play with energy boys!

The wings need to be better on the PP. 2-15 isn't that good and, we had a chance to set them back even farther in the first 10 mins of the game, but didn't. However, Kipper was the main reason why the PP hasn't been as good as it could've been.

They also need to do better at the faceoff circle. Winning faceoffs is key in the playoffs, and it makes it a lot easier to execute than not winning the draw and scrambling around.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Three lines. Lang's line hasn't done s***. Bert ought to change that when he gets back on board.

Scene shift, the night of arrival in Alberta. Robert Lang's hotel room, with the young'ns present for a game of FIFA soccer

Bobby boy: Ah you suck, cheater! That windmill kick was cheap Rex!

Huds: My name is JIRI! *drives the ball into the zone when play resumes, instantly setting up a drop pass and second straight goal* YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!

IPB Image

Bobby boy, throwing the controller down in disgust: This is valls***! I am out, Robert Lang does not tolerate this. *moves past Flip on the way to the door*

Val: Man, what a sore loser. *grabs the controller to control the Czech squad, but Huds scores again* This is bulls*** Rex!

Huds: ----> See above Griffins shot for the goal-face all over

Bobby boy grabs his smooth ladykilling leather jacket and heads for the exit, but suddenly there's an ominous knock

Bobby boy pauses, querulous: Room service? I did not order any food...

The knock occurs again, this time slightly louder

Bobby boy: Hold on, I am cahming! *twists the handle*

#44: Lang.

Bobby boy: *looks up, waaaaay up* Ah... it is not the hotel service. Vhat is up big man?

#44: The time has come, Lang. Your moment of destiny has arrived.

Bobby boy, baffled and annoyed: Ah, vhataver. Out of my way Robert Lang has important place to go.

#44: The whole world has grown tired of your laziness and your suckiness. You had one good pass last game, Lang. It is too late to redeem your turnovers and slackjaw play.

Bobby boy: I say out of my way! *takes a step to muscle past Bert in the doorway* You will no detain moi!

#44, shaking his head sadly like an angel of death: Come, Lang. There is training to be done throughout the night. When Game 3 arrives, you will be made ready.

The hulking figure grabs Lang and whisks him off to the mystical training grounds, while the last sound in the twilight background to be heard is that of another excited, impassioned, and triumphant "YEEEAAAAHHH!!!!"

Edited by Flip-check

We have some solid vets, so I doubt the atmosphere will rattle the team. I want us to play a little more like game 1. Not a lot different than #2, just a few more hits. 'Z' will find his touch soon enough, Dats hopefully will keep going strong, and really hopin Bert will be ready to go.

I think we have the confidence and skill level this series to sweep the flames. I say with Bertuzzi in we sit out Sammy, seeing Sammy and Lang on the same line is hurting me.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Lang-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Franzen-Filipulla-Hudler

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Scene shift, the night of arrival in Alberta. Robert Lang's hotel room, with the young'ns present for a game of FIFA soccer

Bobby boy: Ah you suck, cheater! That windmill kick was cheap Rex!

Huds: My name is JIRI! *drives the ball into the zone when play resumes, instantly setting up a drop pass and second straight goal* YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!

IPB Image

Bobby boy, throwing the controller down in disgust: This is valls***! I am out, Robert Lang does not tolerate this. *moves past Flip on the way to the door*

Val: Man, what a sore loser. *grabs the controller to control the Czech squad, but Huds scores again* This is bulls*** Rex!

Huds: ----> See above Griffins shot for the goal-face all over

Bobby boy grabs his smooth ladykilling leather jacket and heads for the exit, but suddenly there's an ominous knock

Bobby boy pauses, querulous: Room service? I did not order any food...

The knock occurs again, this time slightly louder

Bobby boy: Hold on, I am cahming! *twists the handle*

#44: Lang.

Bobby boy: *looks up, waaaaay up* Ah... it is not the hotel service. Vhat is up big man?

#44: The time has come, Lang. Your moment of destiny has arrived.

Bobby boy, baffled and annoyed: Ah, vhataver. Out of my way Robert Lang has important place to go.

#44: The whole world has grown tired of your laziness and your suckiness. You had one good pass last game, Lang. It is too late to redeem your turnovers and slackjaw play.

Bobby boy: I say out of my way! *takes a step to muscle past Bert in the doorway* You will no detain moi!

#44, shaking his head sadly like an angel of death: Come, Lang. There is training to be done throughout the night. When Game 3 arrives, you will be made ready.

The hulking figure grabs Lang and whisks him off to the mystical training grounds, while the last sound in the twilight background to be heard is that of another excited, impassioned, and triumphant "YEEEAAAAHHH!!!!"

Damn that one was good. :thumbup:

if in calgary we can get in and score quick in game 3 like we did today, we should be able to take the crowd out of it for the most part, but that said i don't see us sweeping the flames, i think we'll split the 2 in calgary.

I fully expect to split in Calgary. The flames have too much talent not to pull out a win out of sheer desperation. The worst thing the Wings can do is go into Calgary expecting to close out the series. They need to continue to play their game and skate, skate, skate.

Bertuzzi comming back should help the second line (hudler-lang-bertuzzi, I hope) and add a dimmension to the wings game that should be able to pull them through in enemy territory.

GO WINGS