• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

Thoughts going into Game 3

Rate this topic

Game 3 is a must win.

Believe me..being up 2-0 is already fantastic, but up 3-0 would be it.

I've been right on so far with my scores, and im already feeling a 2-0 win on Tuesday. ksjldkgjs

It's going to be great havin Bert back as well. But honestly, Hudler should not sit. He's been fantastic. Sit Sammy. PLEASE.

Guest tangstoiggy

They have the new element of their roaring building. We're going to have to throw in the new element of a roaring 'Tuzzi. We have to match them on every aspect and keep them down.

Believe me the Boos for Bert will be as loud as the Cheers.. The Dome will be unreal.. as the fans are really ready to get behind the team 100%.....I know I will be there, wearing my Flames jersey proudly....They have yet to lose a game this season that I have went to.... and I have went to a few.

The Flames have an awesome home record ...which gives me hope, that this series will be tied up going

back to Detroit for game 5

I am hoping that the Whole Flames team actually shows up for these 2 games.

1 Win and the Flames will build up the confidence again.like the 6 game winning streak which I may add started off with a win against the WIngs.

Series is far from Over. The wings seem to have trouble playing in the NW division;s buildings this season

Good Luck on Tuesday

I must say I am totally impressed with the WINGS of this season as compared to other seasons

we just need 1 in calgary and we'd be in excellent postion ..........that said id rather we win game 3 obviously , then go into game 4 , 2-1

1 win, is a big confidence booster for the Fames right about now,.

I think Bert needs to (and will) play. Lang and Calder haven't done much without him, and we need 4 lines in Calgary. I also think Sammy should sit. If you need a reason Babcock, look no further than who it was that took the penalty that let Calgary back into the game.

Most of all, we need to keep playing the same way. If we do, it won't matter what the venue is.

I think Bert needs to (and will) play. Lang and Calder haven't done much without him, and we need 4 lines in Calgary. I also think Sammy should sit. If you need a reason Babcock, look no further than who it was that took the penalty that let Calgary back into the game.

Yup, you can't sit Flip right now... and Hudler has 2 assists as well (correct me if I'm wrong). I like Sammy, but he is too streaky right now. Bring in Bert, sit Sammy, and this team gets even better.

I don't think we have played cocky at all this series - so if we can maintain the "work hard and win" attitude heading to the Saddledome, we have just as good a chance as any to steal one there.

If we can split the home and home there, 3-1 coming back to Detroit is a very promising position.

Oh and Datsyuk is showing that he has something to prove, which is very important.

My thoughts going into game 3.... Hmmm I feel so bad for the Flames fans in the row in front of us today.... They, along with the actual team, are going to have to cancel their hotel reservations for game 5.... There isn't going to be one.... Flames are too interested in getting penalties and not playing actually hockey... I LOVE IT!

The wings have played great so far. I would have liked to have seen more goals on those pp ops they blew early in the game. Now that the series is moving to Calgary it will be a little more tough,but we need game three as much as we need game 2.

Lets Go Wings :clap::siren::thumbup: :!: :!:

Sit Lang and bring him back for Game 4 to show us what he learned in timeout.

Thats a good idea,can we also sit Sammy :angry: .

Edited by 8888

Guest tangstoiggy

Wings win it big, Hasek will stand on his head and get a shutout. Bertuzzi will dominate Igilna, Phaneuf, McCarty and Stuart. Lets go Wings!!!!! :clap:

Sportsnet is reporting that Bert is questionable for tuesdays game also....

Bert does not intimidate the Flames....They played against him lots in the Division, and they could shut him down pretty well. and He isn't as good as he was back then....and hasn't played a lot of hockey lately

At this point, I really don;t care who wins,

I just want the Sharks to win the West as they are the ones I picked in my Hockey pool to come out of the West

My thoughts on game 3....

I'm going to DRINK! Im trying to get Tuesday off work so I can hit up the beer gardens and tailgate parties leading up to the game. Then down some saddledome heroin beer and hopefully be celebrating a Flames win.

I might only get a game or 2 this year, so I better live it up while we have playoff hockey. Even while down 2-0, playoffs are still like Christmas to me. I love this time of year.

Not making any game related predicitions this time.

Guest tangstoiggy

My thoughts on game 3....

I'm going to DRINK! Im trying to get Tuesday off work so I can hit up the beer gardens and tailgate parties leading up to the game. Then down some saddledome heroin beer and hopefully be celebrating a Flames win.

I might only get a game or 2 this year, so I better live it up while we have playoff hockey. Even while down 2-0, playoffs are still like Christmas to me. I love this time of year.

Not making any game related predicitions this time.

Well I am going Jiggy, I have yet to go to one this season that they have lost

The Flames\Preds game was awesome, Rhett with the OT winner.....Great feeling, finally beating the PReds.

Wings win it big, Hasek will stand on his head and get a shutout. Bertuzzi will dominate Igilna, Phaneuf, McCarty and Stuart. Lets go Wings!!!!! :clap:

Or he will do his little impersonation of a wounded fish all over the ice.....I must say that was quite hilarioius, it sure made for a good chuckle in the Dome

Leave it to good ole Hasek to put on a show like that. :clap:

So yes, I guess he stood on his head with that performance.

He will face way more shots in Calgary, then we'll see how good he really is,. :P

ill be very happy if we can split the series, but if it turns out we win game 3 and head into game 4 leading the series 3-0 theres no words to describe how happy i will be.

Game 3 will be very close. They are going to be pumped to be at home plus we all know how Calgary's arena is in the playoffs and that will only motivate the flames more. We have to play our best game so far to win game 3 (IMO). If we win game 3 then I say we sweep. But I think we at least split, the excitment of their fans can only hold them for so long. Another early goal by us will be key to quieting down the Saddledome!

Edited by wingnut129

can you imagine how we can kill the fans by netting another quick one in the first 4 mins into the game.

let alone if were able to go up 2 early on it will kill the fans and most importanly take the flames heads out of this series even more if not all together

Game 3 will be a "turning point" either way. The result will be either "Game Over" (I hope), or "Whole New Ball Game"!

I've always viewed game 3's like that: It's either over, or its a series again.

Must win for the flames. Again, the non pressure on us should benefit our game.

Obviously game 3 is pivotal. If the Wings can win that game, they can hopefully wrap it up in 4 or 5 games and guys like Zetterberg (he's looked good so far, but I don't think he looks 100% yet) and Bertuzzi can rest and get healthy before the next series. If the Flames win game 3, they are right back in the series. Hopefully Bert will play in game 3 and if he does, that should make the 2nd line much stronger and the whole team much more dangerous.

I saw a Calgary fan saying that the Flames have handled Bert before and his return might not be such a big positive to the Wings. I can see why Calgary fans have that hope, but I strongly disagree that it will happen like that in this series. When Bert played for Vancouver, he was on the top line with Naslund and Morrison. Calgary put their best defenders on the ice vs that line and were able to successfully shut that line down and in the process, they shut down a good portion of Vancouvers offence. In this series, if Calgary uses it's best defenders to shut down Bert's line, who is left to defend against the Wings top line of Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Holmstrom? Or the line with Flip, Hudler and Franzen? Especially with one of their top d-men (Regehr) missing so much time in this series due to injury.

Or he will do his little impersonation of a wounded fish all over the ice.....I must say that was quite hilarioius, it sure made for a good chuckle in the Dome

Leave it to good ole Hasek to put on a show like that.

Isnt it just HLARIOUS, how KIPPER has been the one diving so far all series and acting like an ass? HAHHAHAH I think so......and BTW nice GAA MIKE

All the while our Dom has kept complete composure.

Edited by Bluedevils_13

Scene shift, the night of arrival in Alberta. Robert Lang's hotel room, with the young'ns present for a game of FIFA soccer

Bobby boy: Ah you suck, cheater! That windmill kick was cheap Rex!

Huds: My name is JIRI! *drives the ball into the zone when play resumes, instantly setting up a drop pass and second straight goal* YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!

IPB Image

Bobby boy, throwing the controller down in disgust: This is valls***! I am out, Robert Lang does not tolerate this. *moves past Flip on the way to the door*

Val: Man, what a sore loser. *grabs the controller to control the Czech squad, but Huds scores again* This is bulls*** Rex!

Huds: ----> See above Griffins shot for the goal-face all over

Bobby boy grabs his smooth ladykilling leather jacket and heads for the exit, but suddenly there's an ominous knock

Bobby boy pauses, querulous: Room service? I did not order any food...

The knock occurs again, this time slightly louder

Bobby boy: Hold on, I am cahming! *twists the handle*

#44: Lang.

Bobby boy: *looks up, waaaaay up* Ah... it is not the hotel service. Vhat is up big man?

#44: The time has come, Lang. Your moment of destiny has arrived.

Bobby boy, baffled and annoyed: Ah, vhataver. Out of my way Robert Lang has important place to go.

#44: The whole world has grown tired of your laziness and your suckiness. You had one good pass last game, Lang. It is too late to redeem your turnovers and slackjaw play.

Bobby boy: I say out of my way! *takes a step to muscle past Bert in the doorway* You will no detain moi!

#44, shaking his head sadly like an angel of death: Come, Lang. There is training to be done throughout the night. When Game 3 arrives, you will be made ready.

The hulking figure grabs Lang and whisks him off to the mystical training grounds, while the last sound in the twilight background to be heard is that of another excited, impassioned, and triumphant "YEEEAAAAHHH!!!!"

:lol:

That was hilarious!

:clap::clap::clap:

Back on topic though, the Wings have an excellent record when they go up 2-0 in a series. With that in mind, I think it is quite possible to finish this series off in 4-5 games. I'd say if the Wings take Game 3, a sweep is very likely; if they get a split in Calgary, the series will probably end in 5. As some had mentioned earlier, the Wings do need to improve on faceoffs (especially Lang). Though some might be tempted to critique the Wings power play, I think that has far more to do with Kiprusoff than anything else.

Edited by Zenithian

Guest Tunbo Batman

we need this one bad. yes, we do. play simple, use bert a lot, let hank sink in a couple. lids >>>>>> iggy. im sure the wings can come out with a win here. at 3-0, its over. at 2-1, its anybody's series.