• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flamesfan

DOMINATED!

Rate this topic

I actually wish I was talking about Detroit, but I can't believe I'm sitting here talking about the Flames. Detroit played a great game and absolutely shut down Calgary. Calgary had hardly any opportunities to get in this game. I'm embarrased for the Calgary Flames right now. No, I'm not jumping off the Bandwagon, I just can't believe the effort put forth today by my team.

The sentiment in Calgary today is absolute pure ANGER!!!! While Detroit deserves every bit of credit for the quality of game they are playing, people are not seeing the real Flames. There are no excuses, and right now something dramatic has to be changed about our team. In fact I just read this article and actually kinda agree with this.

TSN Article

You better believe a little bit of panic is setting in with me. I just don't know how we're gonna climb outta this. Luckily for us we dominate at home, I'm just hoping we can get back in this series.

Also, I'm a little surprised by the Red Wings Fans at the Joe. It just seems they aren't as loud as I expected. Maybe its the CBC feed and it just looks like that, but how is the atmosphere at the Joe?? Also they were mentioning that tickets to game 1 weren't even sold out, is that true??

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm hoping Red Wings fans will get to see a much better Flames club back in Calgary

Edited by flamesfan

I actually wish I was talking about Detroit, but I can't believe I'm sitting here talking about the Flames. Detroit played a great game and absolutely shut down Calgary. Calgary had hardly any opportunities to get in this game. I'm embarrased for the Calgary Flames right now. No, I'm not jumping off the Bandwagon, I just can't believe the effort put forth today by my team.

The sentiment in Calgary today is absolute pure ANGER!!!! While Detroit deserves every bit of credit for the quality of game they are playing, people are not seeing the real Flames. There are no excuses, and right now something dramatic has to be changed about our team. In fact I just read this article and actually kinda agree with this.

TSN Article

You better believe a little bit of panic is setting in with me. I just don't know how we're gonna climb outta this. Luckily for us we dominate at home, I'm just hoping we can get back in this series.

Also, I'm a little surprised by the Red Wings Fans at the Joe. It just seems they aren't as loud as I expected. Maybe its the CBC feed and it just looks like that, but how is the atmosphere at the Joe?? Also they were mentioning that tickets to game 1 weren't even sold out, is that true??

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm hoping Red Wings fans will get to see a much better Flames club back in Calgary

Well best of luck to you and your flames in game 3

The atmosphere at the JLA is crazy as hell. VERY loud, and fun. I don't know what it is about the feeds on CBC, Versus..etc but it really doesn't do justice for the fans at the JLA. I was at game on Thursday and it was insanely loud. The JLA has always been said to have one of the loudest/most intimidating buildings in the league. It sure as hell doesn't show through watching it on TV though. I don't get it.

Anyways, it's great having a fan like you telling it like it is. Us Wings fans have gone through this the last 3-4 seasons. And what I mean is seeing our team play like crap, not having any passion..etc.. It happens. I'm not going to hope your team well. Sorry, I just can't. LOL I want revenge from '04! :sly: but we certainly know how it feels. Series isn't over yet though.

Btw, Any word on Regehr?

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

While the regular season often had a poor atmosphere in the Joe, the playoffs have been much better, Truth be told, it seems the don't have the same microphone hook-ups when in Detroit. Like, when I watch a Van/Cal/To game, there is a lot of focus on trying to include the fans noise into the show.

I can relate what it is like to be frustrated with your team come playoff time. I think if any fans can, Detroit fans can. Look at our countless years of top-seeded ranking and disapointments.

We both are very good home teams so it will be interesting. I think Detroit has the talent, the depth, and the determination to keep pushing but I will be interested to see what the Flames bring to the ice in Calgary.

The atmosphere at the JLA is crazy as hell. VERY loud, and fun. I don't know what it is about the feeds on CBC, Versus..etc but it really doesn't do justice for the fans at the JLA. I was at game on Thursday and it was insanely loud. The JLA has always been said to have one of the loudest/most intimidating buildings in the league. It sure as hell doesn't show through watching it on TV though. I don't get it.

Anyways, it's great having a fan like you telling it like it is. Us Wings fans have gone through this the last 3-4 seasons. And what I mean is seeing our team play like crap, not having any passion..etc.. It happens. I'm not going to hope your team well. Sorry, I just can't. LOL I want revenge from '04! :sly: but we certainly know how it feels. Series isn't over yet though.

Btw, Any word on Regehr?

When was the Joe known as one of the loudest/most intimidating buildings? I know we have had a great team and the atmosphere is always fun, but our fans have never been the rowdy or loud types you'll see in Edmonton or Calgary.

Yea I understand your frustration, trust me. However, you knew coming into this series that your team wasn't a great road team. The loss of Regher has probably hurt your D a bit too but the D hasn't been terrible. The Flames were starting to scare me in the 2nd, but homefully come game three they well come out completely flat for our sake :).

Although we all know the Wings still have to go for it in game 3 and just can not sit back. They Flames are going to be tough next game.

Guest tangstoiggy

The Flames are playing now the exact same way they were before they went on there 6 game winning streak.

PATHETIC, NO HEART OR GRIT HOCKEY>

I am hoping a win on Tuesday against the Wings, will actually kick start this team again.

And it was actually the win against the Wings on the 20th of march, that started that win streak....Heres to hoping it goes like that again.

Another glimmer of Hope, is that the Wings did not win a game at the Dome this season

So heres to hoping that stays the same.

The Flames, needing to win, usually do, as they proved that with the 6 game winning streak. Sure the last two games of the season sucked, but after they heard about the Preds beating the Av's, in the Oiler game (which they were dominating and winning 2-0) they quit playing...and thats OK, why play hard and risk injury to players when you have clinched a Playoff position

I am sure we will all see a Totally different Flames team at home, as they have the most wins in the NHL on Home ice.

Come out and get off to a great start...No penaltys please, as that seems to give the Wings the momentum they need. Stay out of the Frickin Penalty BOX PLEASE

Its funny how this game today started off just like the 1st game... Bam, penalty to Calgary, Wings score. Total Momentum for the Wings.

Flames score, start getting a bit of Momentum...Bam, penalty to Calgary...again

Should be a much better game 3....

Series will be tied going back to Detroit....I Feel it

Us Wings fans have gone through this the last 3-4 seasons. And what I mean is seeing our team play like crap, not having any passion..etc.. It happens.
Yep... we can relate! That's for sure!

Guest tangstoiggy

Btw, Any word on Regehr?

What ,,,from the Draper Hit....No word as of yet. They Think he may be back for Tuesday, but I would just as soon he doesn't..playing with a knee injury, not good.

I'm sorry, but I really don't like it when you go after a player who you know is already playing with an injury

Jump all over me for that....but that I don;t go for.

Edited by tangstoiggy

What ,,,from the Draper Hit....No word as of yet. They Think he may be back for Tuesday, but I would just as soon he doesn't..playing with a knee injury, not good.

I'm sorry, but I really don't like it when you go after a player who you know is already playing with an injury

Jump all over me for that....but that I don;t go for.

you are absolutely right what was Kris Draper thinking when he glided into Regehr at 5 KM/hour

Guest tangstoiggy

While the regular season often had a poor atmosphere in the Joe, the playoffs have been much better, Truth be told, it seems the don't have the same microphone hook-ups when in Detroit. Like, when I watch a Van/Cal/To game, there is a lot of focus on trying to include the fans noise into the show.

I can relate what it is like to be frustrated with your team come playoff time. I think if any fans can, Detroit fans can. Look at our countless years of top-seeded ranking and disapointments.

We both are very good home teams so it will be interesting. I think Detroit has the talent, the depth, and the determination to keep pushing but I will be interested to see what the Flames bring to the ice in Calgary.

The Flames are under pressure now, and that is when they play there best Hockey

in 04 they were down 2-0 in the series with SJ and came back to win it in 7. Its funny, in that series they couldn';t win at home...except for game 7

I know its not the Same team, but we still have a few of the Players and the same awesome goalie as that series.

It can Happen....it has before.

i am not counting my team out, as I have seen them come from behind before

Yea I understand your frustration, trust me. However, you knew coming into this series that your team wasn't a great road team. The loss of Regher has probably hurt your D a bit too but the D hasn't been terrible. The Flames were starting to scare me in the 2nd, but homefully come game three they well come out completely flat for our sake :).

Although we all know the Wings still have to go for it in game 3 and just can not sit back. They Flames are going to be tough next game.

Yes in the 2nd, I thought maybe we have a chance....and then they take a stupid penalty....and lost all momentum

they need to stop taking stupid penalties.

And the reffing needs to be more consistant... which it has yet to be in any series I have watched.

you are absolutely right what was Kris Draper thinking when he glided into Regehr at 5 KM/hour

Is that as fast as Draper can go... :P

The Flames are playing now the exact same way they were before they went on there 6 game winning streak.

PATHETIC, NO HEART OR GRIT HOCKEY>

I am hoping a win on Tuesday against the Wings, will actually kick start this team again.

And it was actually the win against the Wings on the 20th of march, that started that win streak....Heres to hoping it goes like that again.

Another glimmer of Hope, is that the Wings did not win a game at the Dome this season

So heres to hoping that stays the same.

The Flames, needing to win, usually do, as they proved that with the 6 game winning streak. Sure the last two games of the season sucked, but after they heard about the Preds beating the Av's, in the Oiler game (which they were dominating and winning 2-0) they quit playing...and thats OK, why play hard and risk injury to players when you have clinched a Playoff position

I am sure we will all see a Totally different Flames team at home, as they have the most wins in the NHL on Home ice.

Come out and get off to a great start...No penaltys please, as that seems to give the Wings the momentum they need. Stay out of the Frickin Penalty BOX PLEASE

Its funny how this game today started off just like the 1st game... Bam, penalty to Calgary, Wings score. Total Momentum for the Wings.

Flames score, start getting a bit of Momentum...Bam, penalty to Calgary...again

Should be a much better game 3....

Series will be tied going back to Detroit....I Feel it

There's a whole lot of trying to justify things in your mind going on in there lol.

I think the Flames are going to come out with their best efforts in Game 3, and if they win game 3, look out. That's all I have to say. I'm still very nervous about this series.

Guest tangstoiggy

Kris Draper is a blood thirsty hockey player known for his dirty play. :rolleyes::D

I didn;t say he was dity, and it wasn't a dirty hit....but it is a known fact, that Regehr was playing with a bad knee... why not hit him and see if you can knock him out of the Game

Draper is not a dirty player, it was one of those freak hits....Its just he knew he was playing with a bad Knee

Going after an already injured player is ridiculous

Regehr wasn;t a big threat out there today anyway....

See I knew people would jump all over me for that.

it was just my opinion on the whole thing

I. I did't say Draper was a dirty player or it was a dirty hit.

You people seem to whine about the hits on here also, so, an eye for an eye

There's a whole lot of trying to justify things in your mind going on in there lol.

I think the Flames are going to come out with their best efforts in Game 3, and if they win game 3, look out. That's all I have to say. I'm still very nervous about this series.

Your nervous, you should be a Flame fan right now

and what wrong with being Postive and optimistic....and justifying my teams play :P

I think if Hasek can steal Detroit game 3 (if the flames come out hard), then the wind in the flames sails will be gone for good. However, I thought the Flames were gonna play really tough today, but yet they did not. I mean they are obviously capable of competeing with the wings stride for stride, now they must find a way to play they we all know they can. Sounds kindallike a problem the Wings have had in the not so distant past.

I think if Hasek can steal Detroit game 3 (if the flames come out hard), then the wind in the flames sails will be gone for good. However, I thought the Flames were gonna play really tough today, but yet they did not. I mean they are obviously capable of competeing with the wings stride for stride, now they must find a way to play they we all know they can. Sounds kindallike a problem the Wings have had in the not so distant past.

Yeah I agree, the Flames haven't even goten to Hasek yet, they have had too much trouble getting through our Defense.

I'm still quite concerned because we drop Game 3 and this series is all turned around, with a crucial game 4 pending and the momentum in Calgary's side. We need game 3.

I hope Bert comes back and protects our guys a litlte more, but honestly, i hope he doesn't take bad penalties. WIth the way they've been calling things, I don't want to see Bert taking cross check penalties or something.

I bet the Flames come out trying to outskate us next game, and back off some of the hitting. I think that's the only way they are going to assure themselves from staying away from a nasty start.

Edited by Firehawk

Draper is not a dirty player, it was one of those freak hits....Its just he knew he was playing with a bad Knee

Going after an already injured player is ridiculous

LMAO. Please. It's hockey- Regher shouldn't have suited up (see: Bertuzzi) if he wasn't good to go. It was a gamble that they lost on.

Dumb move if you ask me.

LMAO. Please. It's hockey- Regher shouldn't have suited up (see: Bertuzzi) if he wasn't good to go. It was a gamble that they lost on.

Dumb move if you ask me.

Yeah,

If you wanna start saying our players are gonig after your injured players then you better be willing to admit that the Flames tried cross checking Zetterberg in the back every single time he touched the puck.