• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan Leycup X

Kiprusoff

Rate this topic

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

i know it makes no difference as far as the series goes, but it does illustrate a point that kipper has been phenomenal.

Kipper has been just as good as I expected him to be. The scores would have been much worse for the Flames without him. I think he will just wear out if the Wings keep throwing pucks at him, regardless of the quality of shots.

I am much more interested in the number of pucks behind him than the ones Kipper stops.

And the fact that in two games, only 1 per game got behind our goalie, and one at least was deflected. But, that's just me.

:)

so how long did you play goalie?

i sat in a net my whole life. i've watched every style i can think of. make no mistake, goalies embellish saves. and there are some actors in the nhl, believe it or not.

oh yeah, by being goalie in some basement beer league you know all the styles huh? Okay. :clap: congrats. Get off your pedestal and quit being a jackass.

Edited by yzerman&thewings=CUP

Kipper has played amazing, considering the team in front of him. However, because the Flames are not sacrificing everything they have to stop shots, and because Babcock has changed the entire mentality of this team, Kipper has not been able to create that aura that Giguere had in 03, he had in 04 and Roloson had in 06. More shots are getting through, and the Wings are pounding the Flames back and taking better shots.

Also, a note on great goalie play: The Wings are in his face, and getting close shots. How many big rebounds has he given up? The guy is seriously a stud.

Kipper has been just as good as I expected him to be. The scores would have been much worse for the Flames without him. I think he will just wear out if the Wings keep throwing pucks at him, regardless of the quality of shots.

I am much more interested in the number of pucks behind him than the ones Kipper stops.

And the fact that in two games, only 1 per game got behind our goalie, and one at least was deflected. But, that's just me.

:)

careful on that. Isn't that what we said about Giguere in '03? Goalies like that have nerves of steel, they don't wear out.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

careful on that. Isn't that what we said about Giguere in '03? Goalies like that have nerves of steel, they don't wear out.

true, but the key difference here is we've already been able to solve the kipper. :siren::siren:

true, but the key difference here is we've already been able to solve the kipper. :siren::siren:

I read the thread title and thought for sure I would have to come in here and defend Kipper. Little did I know about 20 Wings fans would do it for me!

we give credit where it is due, Jiggy. Most of the time, anyway.

I read the thread title and thought for sure I would have to come in here and defend Kipper. Little did I know about 20 Wings fans would do it for me!

well this is the kind on thing you get here...we know when someone is doing good or not. you wont find to many BAD homers here.

Kipper, Iginla and Regher are players people like around here. Since Reggie's been out, and Iginla has been at school learning from Professor Lidstrom, Kipper is really the only one we've had to fear these first 2 games.

Anyone who doesn't think Kipper is playing great obviously doesn't know hockey.

He's playing great but as Iginla said, when you give up 50 shots, you aren't going to win any games, regardless of who is in net.

As others have already said (at least the ones not smoking crack), Kipper has been playing great. The rest of his team owes him an apology. And thanks for keeping them from being humiliated by the Wings. If not for Kipper the Wings win that first game at least 7-1.

He was just as good in game 2. The Dats shot was hardly a weak goal.

Datsyuk has a suprisingly good wrist shot, which is why it's great to see him shooting more. And if I remember correctly he was between the hash marks when he fired it. A prime location, a good shooter, no one hooking him. That's a good goal.

You guys can rip my team to shreds so far in this series, because they deserve it.

Miikka Kiprusoff is the only reason the Wings haven't broke a record for goals in a playoff series...and it has only been 2 games.

The only thing us Flames fans can hold our heads up about has been the play of Kiprusoff.

Please don't try to take that away from us, we are a fragile bunch right now.

You guys can rip my team to shreds so far in this series, because they deserve it.

Miikka Kiprusoff is the only reason the Wings haven't broke a record for goals in a playoff series...and it has only been 2 games.

The only thing us Flames fans can hold our heads up about has been the play of Kiprusoff.

Please don't try to take that away from us, we are a fragile bunch right now.

Kipper is fantastic. ;)

IMO, any other goalie would have let in at least 3-4 more goals during both games. Psychologically, this is enough to completely deflate a team. Because he can make substantial stops, they know that they can rely on him to win a game or two, thus giving them a little bit of life. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

IMO, any other goalie would have let in at least 3-4 more goals during both games.

Not necessarily any other goalie... but most, perhaps. ;) Kipper is getting plenty of press and attention about his exploits vs. the Wings. Any other goalie would perhaps not be so lauded for consecutive losses, if he wasn't a Vezina calibre goalie in the first place. So, I don't feel too sorry for Kipper right now (I did feel sorry for him in San Jose when he stood in Nabby's shadow, but not anymore). Kipper's doing his job, keeping his club from being completely overwhelmed in the face of some pretty stiff odds.

Speaking of players whose contributions do go unnoticed, I saw this today about Nick and thought it was interesting:

"But speaking of Lidstrom, nobody seems to be doing that [waxing poetic about Pavel Datsyuk and Valtteri Filppula after the first two games].

Why? Because we have come to expect him to play 30 minutes a game, against the opponent's top players, on the penalty kill, on the power play, and score goals while doing so. He, like Datsyuk, like Filppula, has a goal in each of the first two games of the series. Ho-hum. So what else is new? It's not new, but it should be appreciated. Lidstrom turns 37 later this month (April 28) and shows no signs of aging whatsoever. I'm thinking they probably already sent out the Norris Trophy to engrave his name on it for the fifth time. "

Source: detnews blog, Dana Wakiji's Postgame Ponderings 4/16/07

Not necessarily any other goalie... but most, perhaps. ;) Kipper is getting plenty of press and attention about his exploits vs. the Wings. Any other goalie would perhaps not be so lauded for consecutive losses, if he wasn't a Vezina calibre goalie in the first place. So, I don't feel too sorry for Kipper right now (I did feel sorry for him in San Jose when he stood in Nabby's shadow, but not anymore). Kipper's doing his job, keeping his club from being completely overwhelmed in the face of some pretty stiff odds.

Speaking of players whose contributions do go unnoticed, I saw this today about Nick and thought it was interesting:

"But speaking of Lidstrom, nobody seems to be doing that [waxing poetic about Pavel Datsyuk and Valtteri Filppula after the first two games].

Why? Because we have come to expect him to play 30 minutes a game, against the opponent's top players, on the penalty kill, on the power play, and score goals while doing so. He, like Datsyuk, like Filppula, has a goal in each of the first two games of the series. Ho-hum. So what else is new? It's not new, but it should be appreciated. Lidstrom turns 37 later this month (April 28) and shows no signs of aging whatsoever. I'm thinking they probably already sent out the Norris Trophy to engrave his name on it for the fifth time. "

Source: detnews blog, Dana Wakiji's Postgame Ponderings 4/16/07

And that's the sad truth of the matter. The reason Lids doesn't get more publicity is because he's been dominating the league for the past decade, and its become old news.

:clap: For you Lids!

And that's the sad truth of the matter. The reason Lids doesn't get more publicity is because he's been dominating the league for the past decade, and its become old news.

Definitely.

That combined with his style of play.

You'd have a hard time putting together a Nick Lidstrom highlight reel. No flashy moves, no bone crushing hits. A lot of nice one time slappers from the blueline, but that's about it. Everything else he does he makes look so easy that it's not flashy. Great stickwork, always in position, nice first pass out of the zone. Making the right play nearly every second of every shift.

That's why it's hard for me to be civil anytime one of those threads pops up about how Lids doesn't deserve his salary.

he's not alone in that.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would question his contributions or salary -- but knowing hockey fans as I do, I guess I shouldn't be shocked. ;)

i agree kipper is the only reason this hasnt been a blow out series so far. If he want playing in game one i believe we would of atleast netted 8 goals who knows it could of been 10 goals, and if you ask me he looked alittle worried in game 2, im just hoping we keep this comming for game 3, and one can hope for game 4 and in this in series in calgary.

Sweet sweet revenge is what i say

That's why it's hard for me to be civil anytime one of those threads pops up about how Lids doesn't deserve his salary.

People have actually said that? Wow. <_<

If people think Lidstrom is overpaid, just take a look at Alexei Yashin or Nikolai Khabibulin. Now these two are examples of overpaid players.