• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

My Concerns for Game 3

Rate this topic

I have several concerns.

The first, and most prominent concern, is hoping the referees continue to call the games in the same manner that they have. I hope they don’t allow Calgary to start cross checking and get away with it. If so, we are in trouble in Calgary.

My second concern is Calgary’s ‘real game’. We saw 30% of calgary’s best effort in game 1, and maybe 60-70% of their best in game 2 in the second period mainly. I think they’re going to come out with a lot of desperation in game 3. The good news here is that they have not even been able to get to Hasek, even in Game 2. So hopefully Detroit’s defense will continue to dominate, even with Calgary playing hard.

Thirdly, the lineup for Detroit. I know that Bertuzzi may be in but do you really want to mess with the lineup? Adding Bertuzzi would be good in a lot of ways, but my fear is that he isn’t up to game speed and ends up hooking/holding people, or cross checking them and causing penalties.

Fourth, Kiprusoff. You know Detroit is going to need to get all kinds of pressure to get goals by him. Will Detroit be able to generate that kind of pressure with Calgary flying around like you know they’re going to?

I expect Detroit to split, but I’d much rather them take game 3 and lose game 4. It’s a little different when Detroit is up 3-0 then loses a game to make it 3-1 than it is for Detroit to be up 2-1 going into game 4 (more momentum for Calgary in this scenario).

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

id rather have lang than sammy. lang at least shows flashes of offensive ability, and tends to be a good playoff performer. sammy only knows how to take shots from 40 feet out. lang also plays better with a guy like tuzzi on his line.

i'm not too concerned about tuesday, wings have been playing playoff hockey, and are gonna come out flying in the saddledome. i'm gonna come out and predict a sweep for this series, though i do expect the games in alberta to be much closer.

id rather have lang than sammy. lang at least shows flashes of offensive ability, and tends to be a good playoff performer. sammy only knows how to take shots from 40 feet out. lang also plays better with a guy like tuzzi on his line.

:clap::thumbup::clap:

I have several concerns.

The first, and most prominent concern, is hoping the referees continue to call the games in the same manner that they have. I hope they don’t allow Calgary to start cross checking and get away with it. If so, we are in trouble in Calgary.

My second concern is Calgary’s ‘real game’. We saw 30% of calgary’s best effort in game 1, and maybe 60-70% of their best in game 2 in the second period mainly. I think they’re going to come out with a lot of desperation in game 3. The good news here is that they have not even been able to get to Hasek, even in Game 2. So hopefully Detroit’s defense will continue to dominate, even with Calgary playing hard.

Thirdly, the lineup for Detroit. I know that Bertuzzi may be in but do you really want to mess with the lineup? Adding Bertuzzi would be good in a lot of ways, but my fear is that he isn’t up to game speed and ends up hooking/holding people, or cross checking them and causing penalties.

Fourth, Kiprusoff. You know Detroit is going to need to get all kinds of pressure to get goals by him. Will Detroit be able to generate that kind of pressure with Calgary flying around like you know they’re going to?

I expect Detroit to split, but I’d much rather them take game 3 and lose game 4. It’s a little different when Detroit is up 3-0 then loses a game to make it 3-1 than it is for Detroit to be up 2-1 going into game 4 (more momentum for Calgary in this scenario).

#1 If Calgary brings the wood, they will be in the box all game. And since everyone in the world is talking about how dumb they're playing, they have no choice but to adjust their game. I expect them to play disciplined hockey. So this shouldn't be a concern

#2 I think Detroit actually has another gear as well. I don't think period #2 of game 2 was as much Calgary playing well as Detroit sliding a bit. I'm counting on Detroit to elevate their game if Calgary comes out flying

#3 I don't think Bert will play in this series at all unless Detroit find themselves in trouble.

#4 You say Kiprisoff, I say Hasek. I expect Hasek to steal a game for Detroit.

My only concern is the play of Lang. Sammy's a poofter and that will never change. But I expected Lang to step up his play this post-season, but it seems like he's carried his reagular season play into these playoffs.

edit:spelling

Edited by rick zombo

We need to win Game 3 so we can put this darned "gosh, we sure do suck when we go out west" bugaboo behind us. We're obviously going to be going even farther west as the playoffs continue, so they need to just keep hammerin' away.

Keep the energy up, guys!

:thumbup:

#1 If Calgary brings the wood, they will be in the box all game. And since everyone in the world is talking about how dumb they're playing, they have no choice but to adjust their game. I expect them to play disciplined hockey. So this shouldn't be a concern

#2 I think Detroit actually has another gear as well. I don't think period #2 of game 2 was as much Calgary playing well as Detroit sliding a bit. I'm counting on Detroit to elevate their game if Calgary comes out flying

#3 I don't think Bert will play in this series at all unless Detroit find themselves in trouble.

#4 You say Kiprisoff, I say Hasek. I expect Hasek to steal a game for Detroit.

My only concern is the play of Lang. Sammy's a poofter and that will never change. But I expected Lang to step up his play this post-season, but it seems like he's carried his reagular season play into these playoffs.

edit:spelling

totally agree with each point you have here Zombo! Good post :thumbup:

My biggest concern is the home advantage in terms of Calgary's physical play. A player likes to rev his crowd up and a big hit is usually the best way to do it besides scoring.

I expect a much tougher, physical team in Calgary. They will be throwing big hits and head-hunting because it's what the fans want, and they have no choice because what they've been doing isn't working.

Plus, if Pavel, Hank, or Lids go down; the Wings go down.

Wings need to take 1 of 2 games in CGY. I prefer GAME 3 because it seems like were coming off two strong games. I'd think if we win tomorrow CGY would come out thursday and give us everything. Thats how I feel.

TBH, I'm not concerned with Calgary at all. IF the Wings play OUR game, the Flames are simply no match, period! If you are concerned, be concerned that the Wings have become overconfident. I don't think they have.

My biggest concern is the home advantage in terms of Calgary's physical play. A player likes to rev his crowd up and a big hit is usually the best way to do it besides scoring.

I expect a much tougher, physical team in Calgary. They will be throwing big hits and head-hunting because it's what the fans want, and they have no choice because what they've been doing isn't working.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They have been head hunting. And they won't be throwing big hits unless they start skating first.

Calgary have to play hockey.

I have had a vision

I have seen game 3 in my dreams

Wings won 8-3

Fnord.

Seriously though, that was my dream last night, Wings vs Flames, wings won 8-3

Edited by Rikadyn

Keep playing the way we have been and I'm not worried about the Saddledome. I think, like most.. that the first goal is key. Calgary can certain ratchet up their play, but is their best even good enough to beat our mediocre? I'd like the clincher on enemy ice if that's evil enough. :P

The Wings played great in the first 2 games. In game 3 they will face the Flames best shot and we will see if this series goes 7. Watching the Flames this year, this team did play totally different at home then it did on the road. That is the reason I picked this series to 7, because I believed the Flames would win their home games and loose all the road games. I believe the best game for the Wings to win would be game 4. Game 3 will be very emotional for Flames and that energy will carry them for 3 periods. But the way the Wings dominated the first 2 gives me hope in getting 1 at Calgary.

You know, people talk about Calgary's awesome home record because they had the most home wins in the league this year. Well, compare the two home records.

Calgary is 30-9-2. Detroit is 29-4-8! I mean geez, we won one less game and I think most of those overtime losses were in shootouts, which there aren't any of in the playoffs. We had arguably a better home record. And our away record is awesome as well at 21-15...6 more losses than Calgary lost at home. I don't think there's such a vast difference like some are making it sound. At least, this is what I'm trying to get myself to believe LOL.

Until I see how Detroit comes out in Game 3, I am going to be quite nervous. I think this game will be much closer than games 1 and 2. If Detroit blows out Calgary in Calgary, I wouldn't expect much of a game in game 4 from Calgary.

Edited by Firehawk

^^^ The wings have a great home record as well, I don't any has suggested anything to the contrary, but maybe that bodes well for the falmes... If the flames can win 2 games at home, the series momentum shift is huge going back to game 5. Maybe then they would be able to show up on the road. If they split. detroit wins in 5.

Guest LivingtheDream

I'm concerned that Calgary could score more goals than the Wings in Game 3. That would make it very difficult for us to win.

Uh, wouldn't that make it impossible to win? I'm just goofing with you. Go Wings! Score more than they do!!!

Sammy is the ONLY logical choice to sit.

The top two scoring lines in game 1 & 2 are the 1st & fourth... Hank/Pavel/Homer and Fil/Franz/Rex. The checking line has also done well helping keep the shot total so low for calgary's top line...

The ONLY line that needs a boost is Calder/Lang/Sammy. So... given that. The choice is 100% clear to me.

Reunite Calder/Lang/Bert... that line was looking good for the few Reg Season games it had together.