• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

My Concerns for Game 3

Rate this topic

i think bert sits unless we drop two games, hold him back let him practice for round 2

Not a chance. You dont have someone with his potential on the sidelines. Even if thigns are working. Fact is he is better than both Huds and Sammy. One will sit.

TBH, I'm not concerned with Calgary at all. IF the Wings play OUR game, the Flames are simply no match, period! If you are concerned, be concerned that the Wings have become overconfident. I don't think they have.

We're playing in Calgary, don't forget.

You don't sit Bert just for the heck of it because the team has been winning with out him. He's a vital part of this team, and they'll need his physicality in Calgary for the next two games. They were great without him, but they'll only get better with him.

You don't sit Bert just for the heck of it because the team has been winning with out him. He's a vital part of this team, and they'll need his physicality in Calgary for the next two games. They were great without him, but they'll only get better with him.

^^^ what HC said. How'd you get so smart, gal? ;)

The jump the Flames get from playing at home will be perfectly countered by the jump we will have by plugging Bertuzzi and his energy into the lineup (especially if Babcock sits Sam).....

Edited by T-Ruff

I have had a vision

I have seen game 3 in my dreams

Wings won 8-3

Fnord.

Seriously though, that was my dream last night, Wings vs Flames, wings won 8-3

Hey good enough for ME!

Someone call the NHL and tell 'em we're all set as far as that 3rd game goes.

Just put that 'W' in the Wings column and be done with it.

aloha

(I am not bustin' yer chops here........just thought it was funny to dream about NHL final scores.)

I can understand both sides of the argument on whether or not to play Bertuzzi. The thing that scares me is that if we put him in now, he's not going to be up to the speed of the game, and with the refs calling the games tight, that could lead Bert to take bad penalties. That's not what we need right now. On the other hand, he's another guy that's going to crash the net and cause the Calgary defense to collapse more on their goalie to protect Kip.

I just don't know. Do you mess with a lineup that is destroying the opponent or do you try to make it better? I just don't know. But all I do know is, if they do put Bert in, they BETTER not sit Hudler. Sit Sammy!

Hey good enough for ME!

Someone call the NHL and tell 'em we're all set as far as that 3rd game goes.

Just put that 'W' in the Wings column and be done with it.

aloha

(I am not bustin' yer chops here........just thought it was funny to dream about NHL final scores.)

I get visions all the time. Seriously. LOL and my dreams are right on too. I agree with Rikadyn about the win though. In fact, I too had a dream that the Wings won Game 3. I mostly remember Franzen and Cleary scoring.

I will remember all of your psychic predictions whilst watching game 3...seriously I will :D

Bring on the Flames...I'm not worried. We've given enough blood sacrifices this year in the form of injuries...now we will roll on like a big red machine.

I don't underestimate the Flames for a second...but I do know what the Wings can do...and as long as they do it...who can touch us?

Bertuzzi is something of a secret weapon for the wings now.

Calgary has only had the opportunity to play us without him in the lineup, and both times we beat them, so the best they can do is create some way of combating our style of play thus far. If Bertuzzi plays in game 3, its going to give us more energy and grit for the road games, and he'll be a huge variable that Calgary will have to adjust to.

okay... :hippie:

:D

Hey now. I had a dream the Wings got Bertuzzi a WEEK before the deadline...and it so happens a week later they did acquire him!

I also had a dream two weeks ago that we would be facing the Flames in the first round. And lookie! LOL

And just recently I had a dream that we faced the Ducks in the WCF. That is yet to be seen..obviously. lol

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

My concern is the game starts at 10pm is a horrible start time for people to watch a hockey game. Some will be going to bed and will not watch it.

I have several concerns.

The first, and most prominent concern, is hoping the referees continue to call the games in the same manner that they have. I hope they don’t allow Calgary to start cross checking and get away with it. If so, we are in trouble in Calgary.

My second concern is Calgary’s ‘real game’. We saw 30% of calgary’s best effort in game 1, and maybe 60-70% of their best in game 2 in the second period mainly. I think they’re going to come out with a lot of desperation in game 3. The good news here is that they have not even been able to get to Hasek, even in Game 2. So hopefully Detroit’s defense will continue to dominate, even with Calgary playing hard.

Thirdly, the lineup for Detroit. I know that Bertuzzi may be in but do you really want to mess with the lineup? Adding Bertuzzi would be good in a lot of ways, but my fear is that he isn’t up to game speed and ends up hooking/holding people, or cross checking them and causing penalties.

Fourth, Kiprusoff. You know Detroit is going to need to get all kinds of pressure to get goals by him. Will Detroit be able to generate that kind of pressure with Calgary flying around like you know they’re going to?

I expect Detroit to split, but I’d much rather them take game 3 and lose game 4. It’s a little different when Detroit is up 3-0 then loses a game to make it 3-1 than it is for Detroit to be up 2-1 going into game 4 (more momentum for Calgary in this scenario).

1-Refs sucked in Game 1, but were better in Game 2. Hopefully we get a decent crew working Game 3. I'm all for the rough stuff and banging [has anyone else seen NSH/SJ or OTT/PIT?? :lol:], let's just hope the calls are fair and balanced.

2-Calgary simply is not the same team they were when they last knocked us out the playoffs. In order to score all those goals this year, they have taken on a different look this season. These sure aren't the same 1-0 games we're used to seeing from them. I figure they'll be better at home, but IF we keep doing what we've been doing and don't start fearing the hard nose tight checking, we'll be OK.

3-For all his talent, Bertuzzi is not the same guy he use to be. Physical is a dimension he brings for sure. And i'd love to see him manhandle some guys out there. But so far, we haven't been missing that element much. Our speed is countering that somewhat, mixed in with our great puck possesion. Dare I say it? We don't seem much fazed by the physical stuff - again, not yet anyway. If Bertuzzi is fine, I sit Sammy. Huds has deserved the ice time, and has not looked out of place so far. Sammy? He hasn't been awful, but he also hasn't done alot.

4-Kipper can singlehandedly win a series, but as long as we're GOING TO THE NET, I just don't see him stoning us for a full 60 minutes.

With the Sea of Orange coming our way tomorrow, I fully expect the Flames to be buzzing early, but as that old saying goes - score the first one and ...

Either way, i'll say it again - if, IF we continue to play smart, fast and fearless - Calgary simply will not win this series. :P

Not a prediction for tomorrow, but a question on game 1 & 2. - Am I blind or is this actually happening ... My friends are all telling me Detroit is playing the trap. They are Nucks fans, and personally I think Van is faaar more defensive than Detroit. I am holding firm in my arguement, but I need some reenforced support. I think a lot of it stems from the HNIC guys saying that we are playing a 1-2-2 system. What do you all think?

Guest tangstoiggy

A Little read than can give a Flame fan hope

The Calgary Flames know they have to be a more disciplined team out on the ice come Tuesday for Game 3 against Detroit. But don't think the team is worried; if anything they're excited to get back in it and turn the series around.

The Calgary Flames shook off back-to-back losses in Detroit and have returned home not the least bit worried.

After not one, but two, disappointing losses in the opening games against the Detroit Red Wings in the best-of-seven series, the Flames returned to the Pengrowth Saddledome Monday to an over eager media scrum.

But they weren't about to be rattled by questions of what went wrong, what they think they can do better and what's to come if they don't pull up their socks.

All they're focused on is Game 3, which goes Tuesday at the Pengrowth Saddledome. The first two games are behind them, and it's just a matter of taking it one game at a time. A strategy they've used successfully in the past.

"We're over it. If you're not over it, you can't move forward, so those are over and obviously it's playoff time and the next game is the biggest," commented defenceman Rhett Warrener.

"I think we'll see a lot better team in the next couple games. We have to play playoff hockey and as of recently, we haven't done that."

As a matter of fact, they're quite excited heading into Game 3 according to Matthew Lombardi, who seemed pretty at ease following Monday's optional skate.

"We're excited," said Lombardi. "We know what the situation is, but we're going to be excited, have a lot of energy, and I think it's a good challenge for us."

Captain Jarome Iginla agrees and although he's disappointed with his play as of recently, he's looking forward to getting the team back into it and revving up the fans for a series he's sure the Flames can turn around.

"It's about getting some momentum and getting our team back in the series," added Iginla.

"We don't expect it to be an easy game or for Detroit to play any differently, but it's something we're looking forward to. It's playoffs at home, playing in front of our crowd, our building and a chance to get ourselves going here."

And with the leagues best home record, no wonder the team is excited to get rolling in the a series that has taken an early dive. Thirty wins at the Pengrowth Saddledome is bound to get the boys fired up and give them that little confidence boost they need.

"I know our guys and I know that we want to win. Nobody's happy with what's going on. We've lost two games and haven't been nearly as good enough in them. We know that," said Iginla.

"Now it's about winning that one game, getting our fans into it and starting to build something and that's going to be Game 3."

Home Sweet 'Dome

The Flames are concentrating on putting the first two games of the series, both Detroit wins, behind them and are looking forward to playing in front of the Sea of Red, where they won a league-high 30 games this season.

"We do play better, for some reason, in our own arena," said forward Wayne Primeau. "We need to play the way the Flames really play."

Which is smart, rugged, disciplined hockey.

"We have to play smarter," said Primeau. "You have to play hard but you also have to play smart."

That means not taking as many penalties and giving Detroit momentum.

"We know we have to be better all over the place," said defenceman Roman Hamrlik. "I think the firswt five or 10 minutes of those games we took bad penalties and they scored. That's huge for them."

While having the Sea of Red backing them is big for the Flames. That and the fact that they beat Detroit twice in Calgary in the regular season are reasons for optimism.

But defenceman Rhett Warrener said there is a little more to this series.

"It doesn't just change because you are at home. It comes from a bigger effort overall," said Warrener.

Edited by tangstoiggy

Guest tangstoiggy

Right on, but there's nothing we can do about it now. Let's just have faith and hope that Babs sits Sammy for bert instead of breaking up the fourth line.

I hope Bert is playing, because with the boo's he gets at the Domes, he tends to take a few penalty's., at least he did with the Nucks

Gonna be a good game

I am in the third row, by the Flames bench

whoooo hooooo

GO FLAMES GO

and it will be loud, tailgate party before the game...will get the fans so reved

Hope the Wing Players have earplugs, and the noise alone will get to Hasek, he doesn;t play well at the Dome, well neither does the whole wings team..... Last time the wings lost at the dome,(March 20th) it put the Flames on there 6 game winning streak, including 4 on the road

GOING to be a good game

I hope Bert is playing, because with the boo's he gets at the Domes, he tends to take a few penalty's., at least he did with the Nucks

Gonna be a good game

I am in the third row, by the Flames bench

whoooo hooooo

GO FLAMES GO

and it will be loud, tailgate party before the game...will get the fans so reved

Hope the Wing Players have earplugs, and the noise alone will get to Hasek, he doesn;t play well at the Dome, well neither does the whole wings team..... Last time the wings lost at the dome,(March 20th) it put the Flames on there 6 game winning streak, including 4 on the road

GOING to be a good game

i hope bert plays too, but all of my reasons dont favor the flames :sly:

Guest tangstoiggy

The Flames should be concerned , not us.

Weere getting Big Bert back , we can win on the road , and Dom>Kipper

Sportsnet is still reporting Bertuzzi questionable for Game 3....

1-Refs sucked in Game 1, but were better in Game 2. Hopefully we get a decent crew working Game 3. I'm all for the rough stuff and banging [has anyone else seen NSH/SJ or OTT/PIT?? :lol:], let's just hope the calls are fair and balanced.

2-Calgary simply is not the same team they were when they last knocked us out the playoffs. In order to score all those goals this year, they have taken on a different look this season. These sure aren't the same 1-0 games we're used to seeing from them. I figure they'll be better at home, but IF we keep doing what we've been doing and don't start fearing the hard nose tight checking, we'll be OK.

3-For all his talent, Bertuzzi is not the same guy he use to be. Physical is a dimension he brings for sure. And i'd love to see him manhandle some guys out there. But so far, we haven't been missing that element much. Our speed is countering that somewhat, mixed in with our great puck possesion. Dare I say it? We don't seem much fazed by the physical stuff - again, not yet anyway. If Bertuzzi is fine, I sit Sammy. Huds has deserved the ice time, and has not looked out of place so far. Sammy? He hasn't been awful, but he also hasn't done alot.

4-Kipper can singlehandedly win a series, but as long as we're GOING TO THE NET, I just don't see him stoning us for a full 60 minutes.

With the Sea of Orange coming our way tomorrow, I fully expect the Flames to be buzzing early, but as that old saying goes - score the first one and ...

Either way, i'll say it again - if, IF we continue to play smart, fast and fearless - Calgary simply will not win this series. :P

Kipper has pretty well stoned you for 60 minutes, other than penalties working in the wings favor for early 1st period goals,.,..and giving them monmentum. The man has taken 91 shots.....if thats not stoning you, then what is your defination.. If Hasek was faced with that many shots, he would have a mental colapse :P

if the Wings eeked out a few wins at home against the flames id be very concerned going on the road.

i can definitely see calgary playing a lot better at home, but if the Wings play their game, play smart, play hard, there might not be anything the flames can do about it - whether home or away.

there is nothing that ive seen so far that makes me believe that calgary can win a game right now.

i think the first 10 minutes of the game will have a big say in how things go tomorrow night.

lookin forward to it!

:siren: