• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

The Tennessean

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'm serious, this is like the anti-news or The Onion. I don't know what these people are doing or watching or smoking but they're always good for a couple of laughs.

Here's an excerpt from their "report" on the fights at the end of the last Sharks/Preds game.

Multiple skirmishes

Clowe and Predators bruiser Jordin Tootoo also took up combat, with Tootoo delivering repeated blows to Clowe's face, which was left red and swollen. Predators forward Jerred Smithson fought with Sharks defenseman Scott Hannan.

Granted, its a really short excerpt but anybody who saw the actual fight might be wondering WTF they're talking about. Toots did land some shots but I think the redness in Clowe's face was from either laughing after beating the tar out of Tootoo or from being so steaming mad he was ready to beat up on somebody else.

To be fair though, at least they allowed some quotes from Clowe into their psuedo-type news article:

"I said you know what, I'm going to go over and ask Hartnell (to fight)," Clowe said. "That's what I did. And (Tootoo) came in, he threw a little sucker punch that obviously he got suspended for this year and he likes to do.

"Whatever, it didn't phase me. That's just what happened. What do you do? That's Tootoo and he usually ends up on the ice like he did there at the end. You've got to keep battling right to the end."

I've bookmarked the Tennessean Preds page because dammit, that stuff is just too funny.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Tootoo a bruiser :unsure:

delivering repeated blows :unsure:

Clowe left red and swollen :unsure:

no idea what they're smoking but I want some. maybe I'd then be able to call what Predators do a hockey.

what a retard. one more and he's right at the Woody Paige level, except for Paige actually had an idea what the game is about, but was just a stupid jerk

it's like they have to hoodwink their "fans"...

does anyone actually believe their bulls***?

although i have to get them credit for giving Hudler his nickname

there's no defense for the Tennessean. Their coverage just plain stinks. Most preds fans refer to it as "The Titansean" because of their overall treatment of the two teams since they've been in town.

I'll have to give them one thing though, bad homerish reporting is more than the non-existant reporting we used to get. The Tennessean is a good ole boy company, and I don't expect them to ever come up with any kind of decent coverage for the Predators.

Most of the reliable reporting is done by fans on our message board who have inside connections. There are also two fan sites, predzone and prednation. one is pretty lousy while the other is okay, can't remember which is which since I never visit them.

there's no defense for the Tennessean. Their coverage just plain stinks. Most preds fans refer to it as "The Titansean" because of their overall treatment of the two teams since they've been in town.

I'll have to give them one thing though, bad homerish reporting is more than the non-existant reporting we used to get. The Tennessean is a good ole boy company, and I don't expect them to ever come up with any kind of decent coverage for the Predators.

Most of the reliable reporting is done by fans on our message board who have inside connections. There are also two fan sites, predzone and prednation. one is pretty lousy while the other is okay, can't remember which is which since I never visit them.

Answer me this Legionnaire,

If Tootoo's roster spot was given to a true bruiser-fighter that didn't have a reputation for cheap shots, or to someone who could actually help out on the score sheet, would the Preds be better off, or worse off?

If Tootoo's roster spot was given to a true bruiser-fighter that didn't have a reputation for cheap shots, or to someone who could actually help out on the score sheet, would the Preds be better off, or worse off?

Before his suspension, I would have said that the team is much better with Tootoo on the roster. He was drawing a lot of penalties, creating a lot of energy, getting the other team off their game and despite what his stats say, did contribute on the offensive side. There was a reason that he was on the ice more often over Hordichuk who is a better enforcer.

But ever since he came back from suspension, he's been a marked man by the officials. Any little thing he does is going to be called a penalty. It's getting to the point where i'm not sure that he's worth the roster space anymore. I know Hordichuk will be in the lineup tonight, so keep an eye on his game. Maybe you can see the differences between Darcy and Jordin and see which one you think would be better to play that role.

Before his suspension, I would have said that the team is much better with Tootoo on the roster. He was drawing a lot of penalties, creating a lot of energy, getting the other team off their game and despite what his stats say, did contribute on the offensive side. There was a reason that he was on the ice more often over Hordichuk who is a better enforcer.

But ever since he came back from suspension, he's been a marked man by the officials. Any little thing he does is going to be called a penalty. It's getting to the point where i'm not sure that he's worth the roster space anymore. I know Hordichuk will be in the lineup tonight, so keep an eye on his game. Maybe you can see the differences between Darcy and Jordin and see which one you think would be better to play that role.

Tootoo is -11 in the regular season. Pretty impressive for a guy who only sees 8 minutes a game.

Frankly when the Preds play the Wings, Tootoo is such a defensive liability I would love to have him out on the ice as much as possible, except for the fear that he'd injure our players with cheapshots.

"Whatever, it didn't phase me. That's just what happened. What do you do? That's Tootoo and he usually ends up on the ice like he did there at the end. You've got to keep battling right to the end."

That quote cracked me up. :lol:

I'm partial to PredNation.com.

No reason.

:ph34r:

:lol::lol:

I agree. If Tootoo is to become a "marked man" by the officials, then at present, he hasn't developed other skills to compensate. He still has a lot of speed and can start offensive rushes, unfortunately he can't finish those by passing or shooting.

David

"I said you know what, I'm going to go over and ask Hartnell (to fight)," Clowe said. "That's what I did. And (Tootoo) came in, he threw a little sucker punch that obviously he got suspended for this year and he likes to do.

I've bookmarked the Tennessean Preds page because dammit, that stuff is just too funny.

My onetime favorite Cleveland Baron owns Tootoo dropping the gloves and in the papers. I love it! Tootoo definitely has a rep, and it extends well beyond Wings fans, officials and Stephane Robidas.

Edited by C-TownWing

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Some good stuff from PredNation

http://www.prednation.com/DesktopModules/A...version=Staging

I particularly love the part where the author claims Wilson threw out his "thugs" at the end of the game.

Hmmmm? Clowe is probably the only guy on the ice for the Sharks that any seriously knowledgeable fight fan would call a tough guy. 16 goals, 34 points and 78 PIM's. Yeah, he's a regular Enricco Ciccone. By the way Clowe had a whopping 8 fighting majors this year.

Then you have Grier who has a whopping 1 fight this season and 5 total fighting majors dating back to the 1999-2000 season. He's a real killer.

You also have Scott Hannan who hasn't had a regular season fighting major since 2002-2003.

I'm not sure who the other guys were but they weren't really involved. Marcel Goc I think was one of them. hahaha

Conversely, you had Tootoo who had 12 fights this year, Hartnell who had 2 this year and 2 last (not much of a fighter considering the stuff he's usually mixed up in) and Smithson who hasn't had a regular season fighting major since the 2002-2003.

I hardly think Preds folk claiming that Wilson put out his "goons" is an accurate assessment. Especially, when we're talking about the Sharks who only real light heavyweights they have are Clowe and Rob Davison. They do haver Guerin and Bell, Rivet and Murray but none would be considered legitimate heavyweights nor have they ever been dubbed dirty players.

Nashville on the other hand has many guys that can handle themselves including Nichol, Hordichuk (a true heavyweight) and Shea Weber.

Here's the main forum for PredNation. There's some pretty funny stuff on there. Kind of interesting to see how wildly off and nutty some preds fans are (I guess all teams have whackjob homers) but what cracks me up is the stuff that they absolutely go nuts for. Specifically, the calling out of other teams/players/coaches as being bullies or dirty just makes me laugh. I mean seriously, how does maybe the dirtiest team in the league or the one that's been hit with the most controversial incidents the past year call anybody else or a collective team dirty? Sounds to me like the old saying when you point your finger at somebody there's 3 more pointing right back at you should apply to the PReds.

The Tennessean was where we got that pot of gold Rex Hudler. :cool:

Honestly, where do they get Rex from Jiri anyways? Is there are Rex on the Titans or something?

Rex Hudler was a baseball player for the Expos and Angels (among many other teams) in the '80s and '90s. I don't know how they ended up trying to bring him out of retirement to play hockey for the Wings. Sloppy editing and unfamiliarity with hockey. Maybe they have some computer program.

Rex Hudler was a baseball player for the Expos and Angels (among many other teams) in the '80s and '90s. I don't know how they ended up trying to bring him out of retirement to play hockey for the Wings. Sloppy editing and unfamiliarity with hockey. Maybe they have some computer program.

Did he ever play for the Tigers? If he did, maybe that's where he got his name from. :P