• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Getting ahead of myself, but...

Rate this topic

I picked San Jose as the favorite to come out of the West, but Anaheim is beating a Minnesota team the experts called "a dark horse", and doing it with Ilya Bryzgalov. Is there a team that can beat them? We played well against them in the final game against them at the Joe, but they (like Calgary) played at about 60-70%.

I still think Anaheim is the best team in the loaded Western Conference, and it will be extremely difficult for any team to beat them four times in a series. They play physical-playoff style hockey, and they have two of the three best defensemen in the league (besides Lidstrom). Having to deal with Pronger and Niedermayer is a nightmare, and they also have two quality goalies that can win games. That being said, I'm not surprised what they are doing to Minnesota. I think for some reason the Wild got way too much credit heading into the post-season when clearly the Ducks are a far superior team. All of the games have been low-scoring and close, but let's face it, that's how the Ducks and playoff games typically are. Can the Red Wings beat the Ducks IF they meet? Of course. However, it will be really tough for any team to win four games against that Anaheim team.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest Tunbo Batman

whats a dark horse? a team that gets the f*** out quick?

we're not as insignificant as the wild, we can score against anaheim.

Guest Agalloch

The only reason Anaheim is successful is because they have one of Niedermayer and Pronger on the ice at all times. Yes, they can easily be beaten, if you can shut just one of them down. Their forwards are crap, and their goaltending is a product of said defense.

yes we can beat them, we held them down the last game we played against them, without Z, itll be a good series but I would have more confidence in the wings playing them than Calgary, as we tend to step it up a notch if we know we're playing the number 2 seed

They have Niedermeyer and Pronger

We have Lidstrom and Schneider (I'm going to include Chelios on this list too, just because I think he's one of the smartest defensemen out there)

As for offense- we have 3 1/2 solid lines that can wear down at their defenses and especially their goalie. I think we can take them.

Anahiem lacks depth everywhere but in goal.

That is their weakness.

And we will see if it ends up being their downfall.

Nonsense.

The only reason Anaheim is successful is because they have one of Niedermayer and Pronger on the ice at all times. Yes, they can easily be beaten, if you can shut just one of them down. Their forwards are crap, and their goaltending is a product of said defense.

And nonsense.

Beauchemin and O'Donnell are respectable defensemen too.

Crap forwards? They have 6 forwards that scored 40+ points this season, which is one better than we can say. Selanne, McDonald, Kunitz, Getzlaf, Penner, and Perry. That's two lines' worth of 40 point scorers and pretty good forwards. Add in Marchant and Pahlsson who are known for their defense and quality face-off men to boot, Brad May and Todd Fedoruk who will knock heads together, as well as a whole host of others I'm leaving off....Anaheim most certainly does not have crap forwards. Nor do they lack depth. Anywhere. They didn't earn the second seed in the West for nothing.

Of course the ducks can be beaten. The so called experts all thought that Calgary would be the toughest team to play against and were going to send the Wings packing in 4 or 5 games. Take things one at a time. You don't know who will make it to the second round at all, even thou the ducks have the best statistical chance.

Nonsense.

And nonsense.

Beauchemin and O'Donnell are respectable defensemen too.

Crap forwards? They have 6 forwards that scored 40+ points this season, which is one better than we can say. Selanne, McDonald, Kunitz, Getzlaf, Penner, and Perry. That's two lines' worth of 40 point scorers and pretty good forwards. Add in Marchant and Pahlsson who are known for their defense and quality face-off men to boot, Brad May and Todd Fedoruk who will knock heads together, as well as a whole host of others I'm leaving off....Anaheim most certainly does not have crap forwards. Nor do they lack depth. Anywhere. They didn't earn the second seed in the West for nothing.

Busting heads in his Flyers jersey.

They have 6 forwards that scored 40+ points this season, which is one better than we can say.

They have 6 who've scored 40 or more, but of our guys, we have three who would've been shoe-ins for 40 had they not been out for a considerable amount of games. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Calder (not out, but playing on the Flyers, same thing) come to mind.

Word,

LDi03