• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yc172

East vs. West

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

I'm not sure if this is a serious question or not, but the West, obviously. Much better head-to-head, and stronger at the top.

East playoff teams that worry me: Buffalo

West playoff teams that worry me: every damn one of them

So far, no question that the West is way tougher to battle in right now.

The (6)Rangers are about to beat the (3)Thrashers...

The (7)Lightening are pushing the (2)Devils pretty hard (another team I would fear)...

The (8)Islanders look like crap and are still staying with (1)Buffalo

The (4)Senators and (5)Penguins are battling it out...

I think the games in the West are much tougher, not to mention all the amazing goaltenders that we have over here. Luongo, Kippers, Hasek, Backstrom... you could even throw Vokoun, Nabokov, Giggy and Turco in there.

Those "weaklings" over in the Eastern Conference have won the last three Stanley Cups.

because the west kicks the s*** out of each other before th SCF

The best individual team in the NHL wins the Stanley Cup. That doesnt really say anything about which conference is better overall. Are you afraid of the Presidents Trophy winner or 7 teams with over 100 points?

Eaxactly, when we talk about which conference is better, the one who has the Cup champion means they have one good team, and thats all it means. The West is better top to bottom. And don't forget the last 3 SCF were 7 games.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

West record vs East: 82-49-20

East record vs West: 68-63-19

Enough said.

Shouldnt they mirror each other......

West by a long shot, not even close this year. Granted I see whoevere climbs out of the West being too exhausted to beat whoever glides through the East unfortunately.

:lol: Not as long as St. Louis, Columbus, Edmonton, Chicago, LA, and Phoenix are in the West.

Philly, Boston, Washington, and Florida aren't really any better. :P

The only thing the East has over the West is there are more above 500 teams. In the West, the teams are a lot stronger, with the #8 seed team being about as good as any of the top 4 seeds. Anyone in the West who did not in the playoffs, with the exception of Colorado, did suck. In the East, the top 4 or 5 seeds are really the only truly strong teams. Anyone else below that are the ones who played inconsistant hockey the whole season, and just barely sqeaked by the others for a playoff spot.

The lower seeded teams in the East really aren't very good teams, which is why the race was so tight, because you had a lot of sup-par teams that were inconsistant and couldn't clinch a playoff spot like the teams in the West. That being said, the West is indeed the stronger conference.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Philly, Boston, Washington, and Florida aren't really any better. :P

The only thing the East has over the West is there are more above 500 teams. In the West, the teams are a lot stronger, with the #8 seed team being about as good as any of the top 4 seeds. In the East, the top 4 or 5 seeds are really the only truly strong teams. Anyone else below that are the ones who played inconsistant hockey the whole season, and just barely sqeaked by the others for a playoff spot. That said, the West is the stronger conference.

I think the East has a more even level of talent than the West does. This explains why the West has 7 of 8 playoff teams with 100 points. I think the West is the stronger conference. However, give the East some credit, afterall, a team like Tampa Bay may have just barely gotten in the playoffs, but they are still a solid team.