• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

PRE-GAME 3: (4/17) Red Wings @ Flames - 10:00 PM EDT

Rate this topic

I just want to gloat a little. For all the Datsyuk and Schneids haters, to this point they've been playing pretty awesome. Couldn't imagine the series without them.

yeah man, especially dats shoving the crow back at the doubters especially after the contract

sidenote: man utd all the way man

I am really excited for this game. I hope they start coverage a few mins before puck drop cuz I wanted to see the Calgary fans and their response. I imagine it will be crazy loud. And I really want someone to shut them up early. I hope Z gets one.

I know a huge debate among LGW'rs about Bert but I want him in. If he is ready to go, he must play. I agree with most, it should be sammy who sits, but if it means Huds, then so be it.

Play hard, keep the momentum on our side!

I am really excited for this game. I hope they start coverage a few mins before puck drop cuz I wanted to see the Calgary fans and their response. I imagine it will be crazy loud. And I really want someone to shut them up early. I hope Z gets one.

I know a huge debate among LGW'rs about Bert but I want him in. If he is ready to go, he must play. I agree with most, it should be sammy who sits, but if it means Huds, then so be it.

Play hard, keep the momentum on our side!

Absolutely. This may be kinda broad statement.... But Canadians are very passionate about their hockey, so I'd only expect them very intense and loud for game 3. I think it'll be very important for us to start out like we've done for game 1/2. We score 1 if not 2 early. That takes a lot of the wind out of the Calgary and their fans. On the otherside though, we score 2 early, we may go on auto like it kinda seemed like we did in period 2 last game. I don't want them to let up until it's game over. I believe we go up 3-0, very rare that Calgary would be able to come back

LOL is that suppose to scare us Wings fans or something?

That was an entirely different Flames team.

nah not really, i like how versus showed his interview being like oh yeah we can beat the wings

then it just cuts out and theyre like stats show EVERYTHING opposite to that, i laughed a little

Its time for Bert to play. He says he's ready and this would be a good time for him with Calgary at home where they play much better. I don't think this is going to be any kind of a blowout like games 1 & 2 but I highly doubt the Wings will come out flat either. That being said, the Wings have a very good shot at coming out with a 3-2 or 4-3 win, but it will be a battle.

Here's to hoping Bert is there to lead the charge.

Wings 3 (Zett, Homer, Lang)

Flames 2 (Iginla, Iginla)

As hopeful as I am about Bertuzzi returning, I'm equally scared that he's not going to bring the hunger that the other players are brining. In what games he did play in after he returned, he seemed like he was coasting for alot of the time, and was in no particular hurry to win small battles and what not. It was never until he actually got the puck before he stepped it up. Also, I read somewhere that Babcock wasn't convinced he was ready to play in game 2, and thats why he wasn't in the lineup. Now, the article didn't say whether Babcock was referring to his health or his hunger, but it did worry me.

If the Wings win tonight, it's game over for Calgary. For all their hyperbole in the papers, the Flames have been all talk and no action. I find it interesting they're exuding so much confidence via. the local media in the latest reports, yet they've shown absolutely nothing to this point to justify it. This is the playoffs; a team's home record during the regular season means very little this time of the year - the Wings understand this all too well, and it showed in their play for both Games 1 and 2.

With that in mind, the first period will tell us all a lot about how this game will be decided. Calgary has a chance if they keep the score close, but if they prove to be slow learners, Detroit will absolutely break their backs.

Once again, I believe the Wings will win convincingly!

Edited by Zenithian

As hopeful as I am about Bertuzzi returning, I'm equally scared that he's not going to bring the hunger that the other players are brining. In what games he did play in after he returned, he seemed like he was coasting for alot of the time, and was in no particular hurry to win small battles and what not. It was never until he actually got the puck before he stepped it up. Also, I read somewhere that Babcock wasn't convinced he was ready to play in game 2, and thats why he wasn't in the lineup. Now, the article didn't say whether Babcock was referring to his health or his hunger, but it did worry me.

You gotta remember that Bert has only played 5-6 games for the Wings, if that, from coming back from injury. It's going to take him awhile to shake off the rust and be on his game. He was quite impressive after the first couple games for the Wings, though. A couple assists and then a goal. They sure as heck didn't acquire him only for him to be benched due to some fans being afraid to mess with what the Wings have going right now. I know the Wings are playing great, but they do need Todd to be in the line up. He brings a lot to the team and there is no better time for him to come back then during these road games. I think majority on here are forgetting what a fantastic all around player Bert is. If he's ready, he should play. No doubt about it.

You gotta remember that Bert has only played 5-6 games for the Wings, if that, from coming back from injury. It's going to take him awhile to shake off the rust and be on his game. He was quite impressive after the first couple games for the Wings, though. A couple assists and then a goal. They sure as heck didn't acquire him only for him to be benched due to some fans being afraid to mess with what the Wings have going right now. I know the Wings are playing great, but they do need Todd to be in the line up. He brings a lot to the team and there is no better time for him to come back then during these road games. I think majority on here are forgetting what a fantastic all around player Bert is. If he's ready, he should play. No doubt about it.

Don't get me wrong, I favor him playing- especially if he replaces Samuelson. But like you said, its going to take a while to shake of the rust and bring him up to caliber again, and the regular season caliber that he has just got to before he got injured again is about 10 steps below playoff caliber.

man o man is this huge:

1. we need a win to get all the nay-sayers off our backs about our west coast struggles

2. we go up 3-0 in the series means they have to win 4 in a row

3. just a win in their building is a huge boost, if that happens I really like our chances moving forward into later rounds because it is such a hostile environment

This is a HUGE game! I'm so excited to watch. If the Wings can continue playing the way the have been, initiating hits and getting the puck on the net... then they have a chance to do what few have done this season - win a game @Calgary. If they can pull it off, Calgary is probably finished. But if Calgary can pull through and win at home, where they've been great all season... it could (although, I hope not :scared:) be a turning point in the series.

What a storyline! I can't wait for the game tonight!!! :D Hopefully Flip can net another one.

Don't get me wrong, I favor him playing- especially if he replaces Samuelson. But like you said, its going to take a while to shake of the rust and bring him up to caliber again, and the regular season caliber that he has just got to before he got injured again is about 10 steps below playoff caliber.

Well he's gotta start somewhere again, and that may as well be now. I don't think it'll take a lot for him to get into game shape again. Maybe a game or two. It's the playoffs, everyone steps it up. He's no different. A 70-80 percent Bert is better than a 100% Sammy. *If they do choose to sit Sammy out*

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Looks like another sleepless night (and loving it).

GO WINGS!

:siren:

man o man is this huge:

1. we need a win to get all the nay-sayers off our backs about our west coast struggles

2. we go up 3-0 in the series means they have to win 4 in a row

3. just a win in their building is a huge boost, if that happens I really like our chances moving forward into later rounds because it is such a hostile environment

QFT

Wings 4 Flames 1

Flames will come out hitting hard being pumped up by the crowd, it will be interesting to see if the Refs call it close again or let stuff go due to the crowd?

Scorers:

Lang

Datsyuk

Bertuzzi

Cleary --empty netter

Edit--keep calling him Clearly--from the song they play when he scores at the JLA

Edited by Lazerbeam

Wings will win it 3 to 2 in OT.

LETS GO WINGS!

Lets go LAZYANDSUCKS.... you're hot streak has been breathtaking to the upmost quality!

Anyways, I think this one will be more of a struggle, but our boys will get the job done. (especially LAZYANDSUCKS

i wouldn't be entirely surprised if calgary scores first at home.

good game from dom = 3-0 lead for the good guys?

3-0 sounds great to me, but how do you suggest we do that if Calgary scores first??? LOL No matter who scores first, lets all hope the Wings score more. This is a big BIG game. A win here will kill their spirits for sure! Dom has to be the best player on the ice. Big Bert needs to play, because if we get another 2 or 3 goal lead (in their building) they will start head hunting. If they get embarressed on the score board, they'll do their hardest to not get embarressed in the fights. Bertuzzi vs. Iginla would be a good fight!

Best GDT yet aflac. :thumbup:

To state the bleeding obvious this is a huge game, and if we are to take it that just about wraps up the series. The Flames will come out hard and I’m sure we’ll see a more disciplined team out there tonight.