• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

PRE-GAME 3: (4/17) Red Wings @ Flames - 10:00 PM EDT

Rate this topic

The first 10 minutes of this game will decide it. If the Wings can come out with the same intensity that they have shown in the first two games, then they will own the Flames. If not, the Saddledome will get the best of them.

I think they are going in well, and I think we will see a 2-1 Wings Visctory.

Well, the Red Wings can almost take this series tonite. A 3-0 series lead would be a deathgrip but if Calgary wins, they're right back in this series. Gonna need the same effort and then some to win this game tonite. Just finish your checks, skate hard, and play smart...and we should be celebrating a Game 3 victory.

No prediction of score got a feeling about this years team they seem to be making thieir own breaks

SIXTY minutes of INTENSITY not 59 min 59 secs but the full SIXTY and we will be sitting pretty good

As a sidenote I will be wearing the same shirt(Grumpy baseball shirt) that has seen 2 wins already. I apologize to the board as I went running during the second period Sunday and allowed the Falmes to score as they have scored each time I have left the media room to do something.

I promise not to leave my post tongiht.

:yowza:

Hello boys/girls!!! THIS is going to be a tough one, but I have confidence.. as should everyone else. If we can withstand the inevitable onslaught that is the first 10 minutes in the Saddledome, I love our chances! The Flames, although touted to have that extra "skill" this year, just don't seem to have any edge left. Which player leaving had the biggest effect on that, anyone?

Bertuzzi coming back gives us yet another strong force that drives the net. He can be a difference maker (if he plays), great hands in close as well. The Flames will actually relish playing against him, as I've read over on CalgaryPuck. They loathe this man, and it will rile them up. Hopefully to the point of taking needlesss penalties ad nauseum like the first two games.

I think we'll prevail... the Flames goose is possibly cooked if we take this one, so don't take your foot off the accelerator boys, sock it to em!!

Wings: 5 (Lang, Flip, Schneider, Mule X 2)

Flames: 3 (Hale, Phaneuf, Tanguay [note absence of Iggy.. again])

I think that it will be a close game tonight. The flames will take the lead while the wings will come back. Tonight should be the final nail in their coffen! :D All we will need to do later is bury them.

No prediction of score got a feeling about this years team they seem to be making thieir own breaks

SIXTY minutes of INTENSITY not 59 min 59 secs but the full SIXTY and we will be sitting pretty good

As a sidenote I will be wearing the same shirt(Grumpy baseball shirt) that has seen 2 wins already. I apologize to the board as I went running during the second period Sunday and allowed the Falmes to score as they have scored each time I have left the media room to do something.

I promise not to leave my post tongiht.

I've got my attire superstition in full swing too.

- Home Zetterberg jersey with black Midtown shirt underneath

- Red boxers (:P)

- Tigers baseball cap

And that's all on top of the playoff beard/stubble. :D

I think that it will be a close game tonight. The flames will take the lead while the wings will come back. Tonight should be the final nail in their coffen! :D All we will need to do later is bury them.

Oh hell no, we are going to score first just like the first two games. We're also going to win, like the first two games.

Game three, probably the most important game. Need to come out strong like we have the past two, and get momentum on our side. Let Calgary take a few penalties, score a few on the PP, and then put it in lock down.

Im pumped!! GO WINGS!!!

Don't change anything guys, keep playing your game and don't let the flame fans get into your heads.

We can come out of thier with a big Win tonight and silence the crowd. Lets let them Alberta fans know where HockeyTown is once again.

Good luck guys.

Go Wings. Score Often. Score Early. Score Late. Run up the Score. End the game by midnight-thirty ;)

Go in. Kick Ass. Leave

Full 60 mins NOTHING less!

Hopefully the big Hurt is a positive game time decision!

Edited by OsGOD

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here.

The beginning of the game tonight is monumental. I really feel the potential outcome will ultimately be decided there. Even giving up on Calgary goal early could be a disaster.

But even if it remains scoreless after 1? I think the Wings will pull it out.

Any word on Bertuzzi yet?? Or is he game time decision??

If he is in tonight, he could make a big difference. Maybe not on the score sheet, but in other ways (and I dont mean by breaking anyones neck).

Edited by Chase

I think the first period will be key. The crowd is going to be insane, and It'll be interesting to see if they have an impact on the officials. We need to stay away from penalties, especially lazy ones (do you hear me Samuelson and Lang!).

It's also going to be intersting to see what happens with Iginla now that Calgary can get him away from Lids. This is going to be a big test for Schneider and Lilja.

versus show said iginla's stats were the same after the first 2 games of 04 <_< then he bounced back

That's the Lidstrom factor. Games 3,4, and 6 of that series Calgary had the last change, so they were able to match him up against other defenders.

I think the first period will be key. The crowd is going to be insane, and It'll be interesting to see if they have an impact on the officials. We need to stay away from penalties, especially lazy ones (do you hear me Samuelson and Lang!).

It's also going to be intersting to see what happens with Iginla now that Calgary can get him away from Lids. This is going to be a big test for Schneider and Lilja.

That's the Lidstrom factor. Games 3,4, and 6 of that series Calgary had the last change, so they were able to match him up against other defenders.

I think that our D is better equipped to deal with Iginlame this year (markov, Lebda, Lilja) and we change on the fly better than most teams because our forwards back-check pretty well.

Iginlame shouldn't be a huge problem, but he will probably have more than 2 shots.

Hello!

New member here. I couldn't resist commenting on tonights game.

In some ways I hope Bert doesn't play tonight. If it ain't broke don't fix it. We don't need to have him in the line up to push people around, the Wings are playing a pretty physical game already. They are also playing a SMART physical game. I think Calgary is having trouble doing the same thing. It seems as if they want to come out playing physical in the first period, but their style of physical play is putting them in the penalty box. The Wings are out-working the Flames and this is forcing them to take the penalties. If the Wings can start the game the same way and take the air our of the Saddledome, I don't think the Flames have much of a chance. It is going to be totally on the Wings to keep up the intensity through 60 minutes. The Wings seemed to back off the tiniest bit in the second period of the last game, and the announcers were talking about Calgary getting some momentum. But they still only managed 3 scoring chances in that period! Given what has happened the last few years, I was worried about playing Calgary in the first round, and I never expected it to be so one sided. It seems almost like Calgary hasn't decided to play yet, but I would like to think that the Wings are finally playing like the number one seed and dominating the number 8 like they should every year.

So I believe both teams will keep the same game plan for tonight. The Flames will again TRY to do what they said they were going to do the last two games, and the Wings will keep up the intensity and play the smart physical game they have played in the first two. I do think it can be a closer game if the Flames can keep their emotions in check and play smart, but if they come out like the last two they haven't got a chance.

yeah man, especially dats shoving the crow back at the doubters especially after the contract

Agreed; my crow was especially tasty this morning with eggs and toast.