• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevie for president

Kara Yario suggests...

Rate this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=twoo...n&type=lgns

if she had any jounalistic credibilty before this article, it should be lost forever, as should her articles. I disagree with everything she said in this article, and the part about shootouts deciding who makes the playoffs...i dont know where to get this info, but can someone find out if shoot out points got one team in the playoffs instead of another?

That should read shootouts in the playoffs. i dont know how to change it. sorry.

Edited by stevie for president

if she had any jounalistic credibilty before this article, it should be lost forever, as should her articles. I disagree with everything she said in this article, and the part about shootouts deciding who makes the playoffs...i dont know where to get this info, but can someone find out if shoot out points got one team in the playoffs instead of another?

That should read shootouts in the playoffs. i dont know how to change it. sorry.

I don't even have to read it. She is absolutely awful in the first place.

This is not shocking anymore.

I do not like her.

I have no problem with the shootout in regular season play ... it is kinda fun ... and does somewhat eliminate boring finals minutes where teams are playing for a tie. But hell no to playoffs switching. Sudden Death OT is one of the things that makes the NHL playoffs so special.

She's the biggest media moron on the planet. Everyone knows that a playoff game should be played until a TEAM wins. The shootout in the regular season is fine and the fans love it. Many would have a heart attack if an enitre game in a series of 7 came down to who has the best breakaway players.

Kara Yorio, you are a moron and a monkey throwing sh!t at a computer screen has more hockey insight than you do.

NO NO a thousand times OVER.

I didn't read the article but in the playoffs - let them go to sudden death OT..play it the way it's meant to be played.

100% TEAM EFFORT THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH

do not single out players for the shoot out..

Playoff OT is way more exciting anyway.

I couldn't even read the half way through. How does she even stay employed writing articles like that????!?!?!

The Islanders secured the 8th spot in the East over Toronto having collected 2 points in their SO win over the Devils in the last game of the season.

I didn't even have to open this thread to know it was a 'tard bomb Ms. Yario dropped. Then I saw the rest of the title, and just laughed. Good thing noone pays attention to her.

Waste of bandwidth. Anyone that cares about hockey and its tradition has absolutely no desire for SO's to be deciding playoff games.

I can see it now.......

"To decide the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals, we'll be going to a Shootout!"

Crowd BOO's in displeasure.

If I am not mistaken , I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd thread on karia Yorio this season. So would be safe to say that all of here at LGW think is a completely and utterly a useless $#@&(@! moron???

Kara Yario...you are the dumbest person,not just in hockey, but in the world! Your picture looks like you got something shoved up your butt, and you should be chained up against the wall and we should sell tickets...because you truly belong in the circus. :scared:

I hate the shootout. I do not want to see it in the season let alone the playoffs.

I agree, the shootout is a waste of time in the regular season never mind the playoff's OT is way more exiting. :thumbup:

P.S. I didn't even bother reading the article because Kara Yorio knows nothing about Hockey and doesn't deserve to make a living writing about it. :angry:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

I don't even like shootouts in the regular season. It is insane to think that a team that wins a game 7-0 in regulation gets the same amount of points as one that eeeks out a 3-2 Shootout OT win.

Why would I want it in the playoffs. Absolutely NO.

Kara Yario is one of the all time worst journalists. This is why anything she says should not be taken into consideration at all, because everything she says is usually fished out of the toilet after shes taken a s***. Shootouts in the playoffs? Please. Would an actual sane person ever suggest this?

I hate the shootout. I do not want to see it in the season let alone the playoffs.

Couldn't agree more....the first couple of weeks when the shootout was initiated i thought it was kinda neat. But now i'm just tired of it. And NEVER in the playoffs should this be put in. This is a team game not about whoever's best 1 on 1.

One abnormally long OT and all of a sudden it's time to do away with them to "protect the players?" Oh my dear God.

On a related note, can anyone tell me what the legal consequences are for beating someone to death with a stack of their own columns?

You know before reading that I always thought people were too hard on Kara Yorio, saying such like she has a vendetta against teh wings and is an idiot because of it blah blah blah... Never really bought into it, just viewed her as a mediocre writer and nothing more. That all has changed, she's an complete gibbering dumbass and the worse hockey media outlet on the planet. I won't even read any further of her articles, they don't deserve my web hit.

One abnormally long OT and all of a sudden it's time to do away with them to "protect the players?" Oh my dear God.

Agreed. Anything out of the ordinary this year in the NHL always get's blown way out of proportion. I just don't understand it sometimes.

It's not like every playoff game is going to four or five OT's anyways. In fact, it rarely ever happens at all. Every year, there are about one or two playoff games that go the distance and have a lot of OT's. But otherwise it doesn't happen that often at all. The way things are done right now is fine. I see no reason that, after one long OT game, that the rules should change.