• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevie for president

Kara Yario suggests...

Rate this topic

How is this woman still employed? Seriously, how?

Just when I think she can't reach a higher level of idiocy, there she goes.

Let's decide who wins the Stanley Cup with the shootout! And while we're at it...

Let's determine the World Series winner with a home run derby!

Let's determine the NBA Finals winner with a slam dunk competition!

Let's determine the Super Bowl winner with...uhm...whoever does the best end zone dance! (can you tell I don't watch football?)

Just as idiotic, just as Yorio.

You know, I have an idea...I know some people like to call things "retarded", although that's not exactly the most polite term to use for such things. So in its place, why don't we just use "Yorio"?

Example:

"Shootouts in the playoffs would be fun!"

"Shut up, dude, you're so Yorio."

Damn it edicuius you stole just about all my thunder and ideas for this post! :boxing::P

Is this an April Fool’s joke thread that is 16 days late?

I’ve probably been one of the minute few in here to give Kara Yorio the benefit of the doubt and not immediately dismissing any of her pieces since she gets treated pretty harshly in here, but this suggestion is borderline insanity.

I like the shootout in the regular season, but there are things in sports that should not ever, ever be messed with. That includes sudden death overtime in playoff hockey, overtime in college/professional basketball, and sudden death playoffs in professional golf if multiple golfers have the same score after four rounds on Sunday.

Let's take it a bit further to the extreme with those examples quoted...

How about if two golfers are tied after four rounds in a PGA Tour tourney, we do a best-of-5 long putt and long drive competition. Tiger Woods and John Daly could rule this scenario.

What if, it’s Centre Court in Wimbeldon and the final match between Andy Roddick and Roger Federer, 6-6 after the 5th and final set, and the champion is decided by the hardest 5 serves, instead of the customary and popular tiebreaker game of the first one two seven points by a margin of two?

Those suggestions, along with the suggestion of altering playoff overtime to include a shootout, are absolutely ludicrous. Fans of all these sports and leagues would be going ballistic.

I can unfortunately imagine it now. It’s the 2015 Stanley Cup Final, and its game 7 between Detroit and Toronto. The score is still tied 3-3 after two overtime periods. But, we’re going to only go into a best-of-three shootout to determine the Stanley Cup winner. Passionate fans from both teams will turn into lunatic, starting riots, I guarantee you.

Kara Yorio, you have absolutely lost your marbles writing this article and are a lunatic out of your mind.

Who told this dips*** hack she knows anything about hockey? Her columns are full of crap, just like she is.

The day the NHL introduces the shootout to the playoffs is the day I am THROUGH with the NHL. Period. :angry::thumbdown:

Edited by Yzermania19

What an absolute joke! I can't imagine how anybody could agree that it should be possible for a team to win the Stanley Cup based on a freaking shootout. You win the championship as a team working together, not by this gimmicky shootout that really only belongs in the All-Star game probably.

I understand her point about if the shootout can eliminate teams in the regular season, then it should be good enough for the postseason. It's not though. It's your teams fault if you can't win the game in regulation or OT and end up in the shootout in the regular season. The only reason why the shootout is in the regular season is to actually determine a winner. You can't have continous OT in the regular season. It would fatigue too many teams, and throw off the schedule.

Continuous OT is what adds fuel to the fire in the playoffs. It's one of the things that makes it so special actually. Sure it can be crappy when you have to wakeup early and you have these long nights. It's something you love and can hate. Though if you're a hockey fan, you'll learn to appreciate these games I can assure you!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=twoo...n&type=lgns

i dont know where to get this info, but can someone find out if shoot out points got one team in the playoffs instead of another?

Islanders v Devils last week. Went to SO. If Devils won, Toronto would have been the 8th seed. But NYI won, hence they are 8th. Was a great game to watch.

Personally, I love the SO. That is, I love the SO in the REGULAR SEASON. You've got to let the boys play it out once the cup is on the line...

I couldn't even read the half way through. How does she even stay employed writing articles like that????!?!?!

How she stays employed? i presume its about t&a, since she isnt much to look at... but then again who is?

Allan Muir over at SI.com also has this same, misinformed, pathetic opinion:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/...er-of-time.html

Except in his article, all the people who though he was ridiculous and absolutley insane, got to post comments to that effect at the end of the article.

Essentially, he wants a shootout because he was too tired at work the next day after the Stars/Canucks game. What a whiner.

He and crazy ***** need to be taken out and left in the middle of the desert to their own devices.

Keith Jones also advocated SO in the playoffs during one of the intermission shows on Vs. the day after the 4OT game. He played in two >4OT games with the Penguins and said that he was in favor of having the first OT be 5 on 5, 2nd OT 4 on 4, 3rd OT 3 on 3, and then a shoot-out. While I respect the fact that he played in two of those marathon games, and believe he has much more credibility than Kara Yorio, I still think his opinion is idiotic.

Also,

What if, it’s Centre Court in Wimbeldon and the final match between Andy Roddick and Roger Federer, 6-6 after the 5th and final set, and the champion is decided by the hardest 5 serves, instead of the customary and popular tiebreaker game of the first one two seven points by a margin of two?

Actually if a match is tied 6-6 at the end of the fifth set, the tie-breaker is to keep playing games until one player gets a two-game lead. So it can end up being quite a marathon, just like a 4OT NHL playoff game.