• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is the man!!

please explain!

Rate this topic

I read this on Sportsline.com... At home, Calgary will have the right of last line change, which could free captain Jarome Iginla from the clutches of Lidstrom.

that seems pretty self explanitory to me but here it goes, the home team of any game gets to make there line changes last i.e. Detroit has to put out there line frist so if Lidstom isn't on that line Playfair is going to put out Iginla so he will not have Lidstrom covering him all the time and he might be able to get some shots on goal

that seems pretty self explanitory to me but here it goes, the home team of any game gets to make there line changes last i.e. Detroit has to put out there line frist so if Lidstom isn't on that line Playfair is going to put out Iginla so he will not have Lidstrom covering him all the time and he might be able to get some shots on goal

Ok thanks man. :D

Iggy can run but he cant hide. Lids will be out to get him within 12 seconds.

Very true...the right of last change can be rough if, for example, the puck is in the Wings zone and Iggy's out there and no Lidstrom. However I guarantee the second the puck crosses that blueline and goes out, Lidstrom jumps right off that bench. So it isn't THAT big of a deal but it can change the game a bit.

Guest Agalloch

Doesn't matter much to me. Lidstrom will be playing his usual thirty minutes in the game, and Iginla is going to be out there with Lidstrom for a lot of it, whether he wants to be or not.

I think Mickey Redmond is the one who said the Wings might be double shifting Lidstrom to get him out there at the same time as Iginla.

If not, Lidstrom should still get on the ice fast enough to shut down Captain Visor. If anything, Babcock will probably change the defense right off the faceoff if he can.

Murray didn't seem to have much of a problem getting Volchenkov and Philips out against Crosby the last game....Iginla shouldn't make too much of a difference with those 12 seconds.....

Guest Jdog21

Hey all i want to apologize to everyone here for the way i have been acting lately. I said something the other day that i regret saying " I wish tootoo would get a career ending injury" I am not the type of person to say those stupid things but i have been having such a bad week lol. Anyways my apologies go out to everyone here even if you never read my post i still owe EVERYONE an apology and want to say GO WINGS