• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Kal suggests Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

IwoCPO:

Ken Kal just on WXYT. Wings take to the ice in about fifteen minutes for their morning skate. He feels there’s a good possibility Bertuzzi plays tonite on a line with Filpulla and Franzen. That has potential. More as we get it.

I like it. It seems like Babcock is going to sit Hudler over Samuelsson, unfortunately, but this line has a lot of potential. Two big boys and Filppula who has been playing spectacular hockey. Filppula and Franzen could cover up for Bertuzzi's defensive lapses whereas I'd be a little worried about having Lang and Bertuzzi on the same line.

Guest Agalloch

I like the idea of those three being together based on their talent and such, but I don't think Franzen and Bertuzzi should be on the same line. They should be on separate lines to utilize their size more.

I would be utterly shocked (and happy! :) ) if Sameulsson sat, but he probably won't. Hudler will be the one more than likely. It's too bad because he's been playing great so far.

As for the line suggestion, I like it. Two huge monsters in Franzen and Bertuzzi, and Bertuzzi get's a great playmaking center in Filppula to set him up for a few goals. That line, if put together, seems like it could be very dangerous. I'd like to see it.

I like this idea a lot, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its not Rex who sits tonight. I know he probably will but if he doesn't then obviously you don't touch that line. You don't fix what isn't broken -- maybe Babcock will think that too.

IMO, Babcock's thinking is that this could end up being our second line with the way Lang has been playing. Two seasoned guys with a hot rookie.

Yes! I would love to see Lang finally moved down to the 3rd of 4th line. He doesn't deserve to be playing all the minutes he does with the way he's been lately.

Lang and Bertuzzi on the same line scares me to DEATH...especially going into tonite. Bertuzzi will need time to get up to the tempo of playoff hockey, and Lang seems like he cant/wont keep up with the speed of the game. IMO if Babcock puts Bert with Flip and Franzen it is a scathing indictment of where he feels Lang is at and gives me the impression early on he might feel like Bob is just washed up and cant play at the tempo Babs wants to play.

Just an observation: How did the pick up for Bertuzzi work?? Draft pick+++ based on amount of games he plays in the playoffs.

Anyone know??

The Picks depend on a variety of things: How many points Bertuzzi scores in the playoffs, how many games he plays, and the overall success in how far the Wings go.

I feel bad for Hudler. The kid plays hard in the limited minutes he gets, while Lang and Samuelsson play double the minutes Hudler does and they provide nothing to this team. I can live with Lang staying in the line-up just because he has played well the past couple post-seasons, but Sammy needs to be benched permanately. If nothing else, get him off the point on the power play! Calgary is going to score short-handed in the next two games because of him. In Game One, Sammy took a penalty while the Wings were on the power play, and in Game Two, Primeau drilled the post short-handed with Samuelsson back there. Please Babcock, play Hudler!

Edited by GoWings1905

It SHOULD be:

Pavel-Hank-Homer

Calder-Lang-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Whos Missing??? :P

Checking line (3rd) must still be Drapers.. and I'd switch Bert for Mule. :D

Checking line (3rd) must still be Drapers.. and I'd switch Bert for Mule. :D

Bert + Lang scares me....and not in a good way. That line would too slow and not defensive enough. I dont think Calder could hold down those parts alone.

I'd love to see this combo. Franzen and Bertuzzi have some limited experience together so it could work.

Franzen would be the chase car, Flipper could supply the good all-around game with some skill level, Bertuzzi can create space for the both of them or make plays if he has the space and open ice.

I really hope this means Hudler doesn't sit if Bertuzzi is definitely back tonight. I try to give Samuelsson the benefit of the doubt more often than not beacuse he gets roasted on here pretty good, but Hudler has played better than him lately, in these first two playoff games, and for most of the end of the regular season, not including Samuelsson's 5-point performance in the season finale.

And I know Lang gets ripped on a lot, and deservedly so to an extent, but his line has been very good when Hudler and Calder are the wingers. Makes more the sense to keep Hudler in.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

It SHOULD be:

Pavel-Hank-Homer

Calder-Lang-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Whos Missing??? :P

That is exactly how the lines should look.... especially Sammy sitting