• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

What a hit by Cleary

Rate this topic

cleary was great. the outcome is a disgrace and I don't feel represents what should have really happened with the right calls. we may have lost, but it would have taken OT.

accurate score: wings 2, flames 1 post 1 refs 2

love how zetts was being held behind the play that led to iginlas goal.

Edited by Wingsor

They just showed the replay again on Versus. The announcer guy (don't know who he is) just said, as Phan-poof trying to get back up "Wow..you have to see, he's really oot right there" I love Canadian accents.

Unbelievable hit, and it even led to a goal. What more could you ask for?

We should be talking about how that turned the game around for us, but unfortunately Dan was one of the few Wings that decided to show up.

Some Flame fans along with a few others around the league are claiming its a .....cheapshot! Now that's a joke. Seriously.

LMAO! Are you kidding? The puck was right there and no elbows were up. It wasn't charging and it wasn't boarding. How could it be a cheap shot? Just because Phaneuf is finally the one on the opposite side of the hit, they don't like it.

I was so surprised to see Phaneuf rocked like that. Cleary literally went at him with every ounce of soul. I was on my feet.

Edit: For the replay, it's at :45 of this.

Edited by The Nephilim

Great clean hit. Phaneuf got merri-go-rounded and most of the damage came from his spinning body depositing his head into the boards like a spinning knife onto a target board.

Creary Clearly (lol) rocked his senses and he even fell down after the goal was scored. The Wings are learning you have to play Phaneuf hard before he does it to you.

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=6662

the highlight pack from the game has the hit around 1 minute in. I think it was a great hit by cleary. I think some people may have thought it looked cheap because phaneuf was moving away as he got drilled and it appeared like it was closer to his head than it really was. I just hope he is good to go next game.

Guest Crymson

I love Danny. He's a great guy and he works harder than almost anyone else on there. What a hit! What heart! Thumbs up, Danny. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I still want to get a good screencap of that. It's tough to pull one from TSN's vid... if it were on Youtube it'd be cake, but there's something funky about print screening it off their coded videoplayer.

This is stuff that could easily make Cleary a fav of mine if he really had it in him to play it up every night... I dug the hell out of him in December, and with stuff like this? How can you not love the guy? If only it were part and parcel to him.

Guest tangstoiggy

Was at the game tonight....awesome game..

Cleary hit on Dion, clearly a charging elbow to the head... happened right in front of where I was setting.But it didn;t Keep DIon on out for long

The great hit was Primeau on Bertuzzi :clap: Bertuzzi...who...what a player he turned out to be.

Took a simple little check from Zyuzin, and left with sore ribs... :P Yep, big bad bert who,

Of course it would look clean, because it wasn;t a wing who got hit.

And Finally a call on the WIngs for goaltender interfernece, after runnin Kipper Numerous Teams

HAH. Flames not so easy to beat at home are they

Series is far from over