• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-Game 3: Flames 3, Red Wings 2 (4/17)

Rate this topic

This game was such a rollercoaster. We went from losing to tied to winning to tied to losing. I guess thats the playoffs though.

I am not so sure I am crazy about having 3 different threads for one game. I am sure it must be done to accomadate the number of posts. But it is slightly annoying.

- Lang was bad again, his line was non-existant, and the decision to put him out there on the last faceoff was stupid

- Bert looks lost and he's really a liability out there, he gives Calgary energy because the fans hate him and he isn't really doing anything

- Dom was bad on the 3rd goal and Nick's gamble was not a good choice

- Dats' line needs to fight through the checks and such, they were shut down with physical play and they'll become invisible again if nothing changes

- Stronger forecheck will lead to more turnovers and goals, too much sitting back and letting things come to them, rather than vice versa

- It's only one game and I predicted the Flames to win at least one game, I'm not too terribly upset, just need to be more disciplined and play more like the first 2 games

Edited by jpfalcon09

Some of the worst and one sided officiating I've seen this year in the playoffs. It got so bad that at one point one of the CBC guys commented that Phabitch was obviously interfering with bertuzzi and there was no call. He then laughed about it as if this was something that should happen. Refs pocketing the whistles in a very important game is not cool.

Losses happen.

It's still a 2-1 Wings lead. Calgary is damned near unbeatable at home, they were desperate for a win and STILL barely got it.

Just come back on Thursday ready to play. For us fans we need to stay positive and just hope that Babcock gets the team sharpened up by Thursday.

Looks like the real Flames came to play. The Wings were beaten to the puck and frankly looked like they forgot everything that let them dominate the first two games. Outside of Cleary, Lilja and a couple others that was a crap effort that all started with 6 wasted miniutes of PP time.

I'm not too worried. I wish we'd have made it at the end there, but if we get lax we will lose, it's good to get a kick in the pants right now. Just don't do it in game 4

The freakin referees in the NHL should not be Canadian or American. PLEASE GET 3RD PARTY REFERES FROM EUROPE!!!! Calcary can't beat the Wings man to man (5 on 5). They just can't do it!!

I thought Bert had a good 2nd period as he was laying some nice hits out there.

Look at home many times the Wings were off-sides tonight slowing the pace of the game. And as mentioned before, 2 of Calgary's goals came directly from BS calls. Not much the Wings can do about that...

The one thing that is REALLY concerning me is the Power Play; they can't score on it.

Horrible officiating, horrible ice conditions and a mediocre job by the defense and Hasek. That pretty much sums up Game 3...oh well, I never thought the Wings would sweep anyway. I'm sure they'll make the proper adjustments to their game plan, and get further acclimated to being in Western Canada. The Wings are still in great shape.

...still though, I am pissed off about that missed call of holding/interfering with Zetterberg on the Flames' go-ahead goal. The officiating was not good in this one, to say the least.

The freakin referees in the NHL should not be Canadian or American. PLEASE GET 3RD PARTY REFERES FROM EUROPE!!!! Calcary can't beat the Wings man to man (5 on 5). They just can't do it!!

all 5 goals the flames have scored have been on the powerplay, referring was terrible.

I hated watching the game, especially after McCreary made it completely obvious that he was going to call everything on the Wings, and absolutely nothing against the precious Flames. I don't normally complain too much about the refs, but him not making an interference call before cheap shot Iginla scored cost the Wings the game. There is no way that shouldn't have been called, and yet go figure they got screwed with that one. I felt like throwing the remote through the t.v. but everyone else in the house is sleeping.

Maybe Cleary can hit Phaneuf again, but take him out of the series next time. Oh, and someone do the same to Iginla as well.

Kiprusoff should have gotten a penalty on that so-called goalie interference on Calder, and people jump on Dom for embellishment. That was so awful, and yet somehow I knew it was going to get called sooner or later, the way he's been flopping to the ice in the first few games. Someone should really run over him, see how he likes it then.

The refs weren't great but overall the wings played so sloppy. It was hard to watch this game at all and they are lucky to have gotten two goals. It didn't help the ice was horrible. The only thing really entertaining about this game was that huge hit by cleary.

We get game 4 all should be fine. I dont fell we played bad,but we didn't have that extra jump we had in the first two games. The call on Markov "interference" was a bit if a joke.

No need to worry,I hope no one expected a sweep with the way Kipper has been playing,Wings in 6!

The Wings PP needs SERIOUS work. No shots on goal in a double minor, terrible set up for the PP in the 3rd... You can't win in the playoffs with a powerplay that's that bad...

We get game 4 all should be fine. I dont fell we played bad,but we didn't have that extra jump we had in the first two games. The call on Markov "interference" was a bit if a joke.

No need to worry,I hope no one expected a sweep with the way Kipper has been playing,Wings in 6!

i never expected the sweep but i was hoping we'd make it 3-0 and then lose .......now we gotta come out guns blazing in game 4 or that 2-0 lead was for nothing .......im just more pissed about the 3rd goal the flames got , cause they should of been called for a penalty , it was so f'n obvious , but of course since i was watching it on a canadian channel they never replayed that and never said anything about how the flames got lucky on the goal for not getting a penalty before the rush ........such f'n bulls*** ..........bill mccreary is a little piece of s***

all i know is babcock better play hudler game 4 .........samuelsson really sucks and his shot is a joke , and him still playing on the powerplay is ridiculous