• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-Game 3: Flames 3, Red Wings 2 (4/17)

Rate this topic

I see Flames fans are getting cocky after winning one game. Good to see.

Well if we are, we shouldn't be.

You guys blew us out on home ice, both times.

We held on for dear life in our barn, the game could have went either way. Even if we win game 4, it will STILL be an uphill battle.

We held on for dear life in our barn, the game could have went either way. Even if we win game 4, it will STILL be an uphill battle.

youre one of the classiest and more civil flames fans...thumbs up, by the way you didnt answer in your thread about my xbox 360 live challenge

I know it was a close game and I know the aquisition of Hasek was supposed to secure close games in the win column... but so far he hasn't really been tested all the much and when he was, he looked far from the "elite" goalie he is supposed to be. I am sure he will bounce back, but it is a bit disheartening that the game was so close and 40ft unchallenged, untouched twisted wrister sealed the loss for us.

I am hoping that Hasek does beat himself up over that goal... moreso than the beating he took for the dive. Mostly because the consequence of this blown save has way bigger implimentations.

Gosh. I hope one day the Wings get a goalie who never has a bad game or lets in a goal he wishes he had back.

The implications of the third goal last night are negligible, in light of the other unforced errors, turnovers, missed assignments (Nick!!), missed chances, 4 minute power plays with 1 shot on goal, and other questionable plays by the rest of the team. No one is beating Dom up over that goal, certainly not the Red Wings.

To say that one goal labels Hasek as not "elite" doesn't make Dom look bad. That is simply your opinion. I understand that you don't like Dom, but try and be fair... or at least try not to over-react. He will bounce back, he knows what he needs to do and so do the rest of the Wings.

Obviously as a Wings fan I would've loved to see a win. But I really never thought this series was going to be solved in 4 games. I have tons of repect for the team we are up against, regarless of the outcome from game 1 and 2. You may say you have an uphill battle, (no questions about that) and our path isn't a cake-walk either. Will be interesting on thursday.

youre one of the classiest and more civil flames fans...thumbs up, by the way you didnt answer in your thread about my xbox 360 live challenge

lol that wasn't me, that was a poster with a similar namesake.

I would play, but I don't have that game sadly. :(

I didn't know where to post this, but in the picture on the home page, it looks like "Esso" is coming out of Schneider's butt.....I don't know what "Esso" is, but I don't think he should have had any before the game...:P

lol that wasn't me, that was a poster with a similar namesake.

I would play, but I don't have that game sadly. :(

woops sorry, all you guys have the same name on here :rolleyes::lol:

I think we do need to give some credit to the Flames. They played a much better game compared to their performance in games one and two. They really pressured our guys on all situations. They did a good job killing penalties, and making sure they didn't get any shots close in for the most part.

You have to admire Cleary's play, he played real hard out there, unlike some popular players on the second line who provided a lackluster effort.

How about Draper? He nearly had a hat trick and then some! What a game from him. It was nice to see him finally get rewarded for working hard in front of the net.

I thought Bertuzzi was average at best, though it was his first game of the postseason following that slight concussion. He'll gel in eventually. He did make some nice hits though. I didn't really expect him to be instantly superior though, but lets just hope he gets back to his game.

The best news is that we're still scoring, and we hit the post a couple times. So lets hope we bury our chances tomorrow, and take a stranglehold on this series.

Edited by aflac9262

Yeah why the Flames fans are booing Bert is beyond me. But whatever.

We boo Bertuzzi because he originally played in Vancouver (our second most intense rival behind Edmonton). We also boo him because, as was evidenced in the Moore incident, he is a big impulsive immature dork. Harsh....but there it is. We faced a good few years of Bertuzzi before the Moore incident and the hate was already on....the Moore thing is icing.

Edited by BiffFromCP

I don't think that Z is bad, I think that he's injured still. He is easily taken off the puck and seems to be a step off.

Bertuzzi = ditto.

Hasek was not on his best game last night, which will probably just motivate him for next game. At least he's the one player who didn't play up to par who didn't have a thread devoted to complain about him.

Lidstrom will not have another bad game.

We will be fine next game...take the bright spots...Cleary, Draper, Markov, etc.

Be happy that they haven't taken one at the Joe yet, and we have home ice advantage, and hope that Hudler's put in for Game 4.

A few things stand out....

I cant remember a game in the last 5 years where Lids has made 2 mistakes that lead to goals.

Wings score on the 4 minute powerplay in the 1st wayyy different game I beleve

Wings had a chance to melt but didnt like past years. Some of this I believe is the loss of #19 who they always expected to make the "play"

GIve Calgary credit they took advantage when they had too.