• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

I totally retract what I just said because Lang is the WHOLE reason we lost last night's game. It was ONLY Lang, guys. So stop the threads on Bert, Lidstrom, and whoever else is the goat du jour.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, let's make threads about Lidstrom for one bad game...and then one about Bertuzzi after coming back from nearly a whole season off..If you haven't noticed, there is only one constant in this cluster of names- Lang playing like garbage. It's the same thing every single night with Lang, no effort and no production.

Even if it's the same every game is there a need to post a thread every game? Makes little sense. Every post says the exact same thing. That's why I think we should apply my sticky idea at the top of the forum.

Also, I think the threads knocking Bert, Lidstrom, etc are also stupid, so I'm equal opportunity on that.

And yes, it will make me happy if you stop bashing Lang. :)

Consider it done. :)

Even if it's the same every game is there a need to post a thread every game? Makes little sense. Every post says the exact same thing. That's why I think we should apply my sticky idea at the top of the forum.

Also, I think the threads knocking Bert, Lidstrom, etc are also stupid, so I'm equal opportunity on that.

You know, I do think this is a good idea. The Lang situation especially. I mean, if people feel the need to complain (myself included), one designated topic would prevent about the 10 or so topics that people make and wast bandwidth. This is a pretty good idea.

I vote we sticky a thread titled "Lang is lazy and he sucks." All the haters can post in that thread all day about how much Lang sucks.

I vote we sticky a thread titled "Lang is lazy and he sucks." All the haters can post in that thread all day about how much Lang sucks.

Except there will only be one post because all anyone ever says over and over is that he's lazy and he sucks. :P

Except there will only be one post because all anyone ever says over and over is that he's lazy and he sucks. :P

Haha true, but they always repeat it over and over again, so it would be 5 pages of nothing but "Lang is lazy and he sucks".

Thread of the year right there. :P

That's a pretty good sign that something is wrong. :thumbdown:

Or that most fans are

A) wearing blinders

B) Sheep

C) Narrow Minded

D) all of the above

Quickly class, you have 5 minutes to finish this test!!!!!!!

Edited by OsGOD

It's pretty sad, but I'm at the point now that whenever Lang and/or Samuelsson is on the ice, I just know nothing productive will happen, and that's a best case scenario. Everytime I see these two bums out there, I close my eyes and pray that it will end soon. I've never hated a Red Wings player before, but I can officially say today that I hate Robert Lang. If Lang wasn't making 3.5 million, Hudler would easily be in the line-up. I am a huge fan of Mike Babcock, but the amount of ice time these two get is inexcusable. I honestly would feel better with Kopecky playing at this point. I was proud of how the team played last night. The most bitter part of it was watching Lang.

Or that most fans are

A) wearing blinders

B) Sheep

C) Narrow Minded

D) all of the above

Quickly class, you have 5 minutes to finish this test!!!!!!!

Yeah, because Lang:

A) Brings fans out of their seats everytime that he is on the ice

B) Doesn't cough up the puck multiple times each game

C) Puts up big offensive numbers

D) Is a steady defensive forward

E) Is worth his huge paycheck

F) None of the above

You can only choose one! :thumbup:

Yeah, because Lang:

A) Brings fans out of their seats everytime that he is on the ice

B) Doesn't cough up the puck multiple times each game

C) Puts up big offensive numbers

D) Is a steady defensive forward

E) Is worth his huge paycheck

F) None of the above

You can only choose one! :thumbup:

I am going to answer none of the above... as he isn't playing any different than he did his entire career and none of those really describe any player in every game.

Whats your answer to mine?

Edited by OsGOD

I am going to answer none of the above... as he isn't playing any different than he did his entire career and none of those really describe any player in every game.

Whats your answer to mine?

I'll go with E) Observant. Although I think you forgot to include it in your list.

Little slump? When the last time he scored a goal? Or had a multi-point game?

Last goal was April 5th vs Chicago.

Last multipoint game was April 7 vs Chicago.

If only we were playing Chicago in the playoffs :P

He has 0 points vs Calgary in 2006-2007 season in 4 regular season + 3 playoff games. But in his career vs Calgary (32 games), he has 5 goals and 12 assists.

I think that the point that a lot of people here are trying to make is that he does not appear to have tried to adjust his game at all for this series. Its pretty obvious that Calgary, for some reason, has his number this year. He just hasn't been able to play his game against them.

But in hockey, as in life, a little extra effort can go a really long way. If we could see the extra effort being put forth (work to get the puck in the offensive zone and don't just send Calder in after it), I think that a lot of people would back off- me included.

Now Sammy, on the other hand...

The Wings have 13 forwards available to choose from (not including Kopecky, who won't play if the team is healthy)

The ones who might be considered to sit are Lang, Filppula, Hudler, Samuelsson, and Maltby.

Maltby ist he only one who could be classified as a defensive forwards. The rest are offensive forwards, with varying degrees of defensive capabilities.

It's pretty safe to say that the Wings' key to success has been defense, and that alone means Malts won't sit.

Of the other four, Filppula is clearly the best defensive player of the bunch, which makeshim the obvious choice to stay in the lineup

Which leaves a discussion about offensive play.

Of the remaining three, I will rank them in order of how effective they have been offensively the past couple weeks;

1) Hudler

2) Lang

3) Samuelsson

Hudler staysin the lineup, as the most effective offensive player left, leaving Lang vs Samuelsson.

Another key to Detroit's victory has been faceoff wins; Lang is very good on faceoffs, one of the best we have.

Samuelsson's miniscule defensive advantage does not outweight Lang's advantage offensively and in the circle.

Sammy should sit.

Another key to Detroit's victory has been faceoff wins; Lang is very good on faceoffs, one of the best we have.

I am sorry to say that Lang is hovering around the 30% mark in this series. So the faceoff side of things, at least when it comes to Lang, is a detriment, not a positive.

Game G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG Sh Sh % Shft TOI FO%

Apr 17, 2007 vs. CGY 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 23 14:39 41.7

Apr 15, 2007 vs. CGY 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0.0 22 14:48 33.3

Apr 12, 2007 vs. CGY 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 23 15:02 20.0

I am sorry to say that Lang is hovering around the 30% mark in this series. So the faceoff side of things, at least when it comes to Lang, is a detriment, not a positive.

Game G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG Sh Sh % Shft TOI FO%

Apr 17, 2007 vs. CGY 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 23 14:39 41.7

Apr 15, 2007 vs. CGY 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0.0 22 14:48 33.3

Apr 12, 2007 vs. CGY 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 23 15:02 20.0

Lang is one of the best faceoff men on the team. And even as the team has been getting progressively worse on the draw overall, Lang's numbers have been improving with each game.

When you start with a 20% FO win %, then there really isn't anywhere to go BUT up!

The other enters on the team:

Flip: Game 1 66.7%, Game 2 no FO's taken, Game 3: 50%

Dats: Game 1 59.1%, Game 2 56.5%, Game 3 45.4%

Drapes: Game 1 66.7%, Game 2 41.7%, Game 3 53.8%

Zetterburg: Game 2 50%

It looks like he is the 4rd best.

As I stated earlier, if I just saw the guy WORK HARD out there I wouldn't be so against him.

I do agree that Sammy should be the one sat, though.

As I stated earlier, if I just saw the guy WORK HARD out there I wouldn't be so against him.

This is the sort of thing I don't get.

Yes, Lang is slow. Yes Lang is not a Selke candidate. Yes, Lang appears to be giving less than full effort at times.

Guess what? He's still been one of our best players most of the past 2 1/2 seasons! I thought he was our easily best forward the first half of Game 3--he was working hard in the corners, creating chances, and generally doing what is expected of him.

Here is where I draw another comparison to Sergei Fedorov. Even though Fedorov was often the best player on the team on a given night, he would take flak for taking 'nights off' because people were expecting him to have his 1994 season every year, and when he didn't score 50 goals and 120 points in the season, it was because he didn't try hard enough. Not because of a 35% reduction in ice time compared to 1994.

Last goal was April 5th vs Chicago.

Last multipoint game was April 7 vs Chicago.

If only we were playing Chicago in the playoffs :P

Yeah, exactly. I probably should have said "When was the last time Lang scored a goal or had a point against a playoff team". :P

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest LivingtheDream

I do agree that Sammy should be the one sat, though.

Well, Lang sat out on Wednesday practice and Babcock feels going with Sammy over Huds was the right decision. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../704190339/1053

I wonder if Babcock will feel the same if he loses game 4? Will Lang practice Friday if we lose Thursday, or if we win?