• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

Guest RobertLang

I do not know why you people are so mad at me. I make a lot of money and i am living the American dreams that you talk about! After I heard about how much money Pavel is getting from the Red Wings, I cannot wait until the day that I sign my 7 year deal!

I have been called your mother... Get your ASS to bed Mr. No more computer for you!

:rolleyes: as a noob.... heres to hoping you get a HIGH post total.

I don't really see what you mean by that , I'm sure you don't either, but your Bertuzzi infatuation and your other flailings around this board render you as a ***** in your own right.Let me see what you know about hockey and less about bitching...

I don't really see what you mean by that , I'm sure you don't either, but your Bertuzzi infatuation and your other flailings around this board render you as a ***** in your own right.Let me see what you know about hockey and less about bitching...

And you offer a lot of intellegent hockey knowledge in your posts... I love it... Keep up the good work, noobie. Do we really care that you want to boink Lang's wife.. no not in the least.

I maybe Bitching, But I surely am not a *****... but thanks for you kind assesment.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest RobertLang

And you offer a lot of intellegent hockey knowledge in your post... I love it... Keep up the good work, noobie Did we really need to care that you want to boink Lang's wife.. no not in the least.

You have to admit...she is easy on the eyes :P

PS- Why are Robert Lang jerseys 50% off???????? 7 more years!!!

And you offer a lot of intellegent hockey knowledge in your post... I love it... Keep up the good work, noobie Did we really need to care that you want to boink Lang's wife.. no not in the least.

Well ,actually there's a lot of truth in what I initially posted: If I was a 39 year old millionare with at least one cup under my wing and dating one of the hottest models in the world, I would probably play the same way he does:like luke warm piss on melting ice. And who's this "we" you're talking about?

Guest RobertLang

Stop fighting! There is enough Robert Lang to go around for all of you! Let's just get along- it is great to be a 3.5 millionaire!

A liability... He along with his line mates were a +2. Obviously you didn't watch the game. his line was the ONLY one doing anything... Those 2 goals the wings scored... those are where the +'s came from. The rest of the team was more of a liability than that line.

I watched the game. He got an assist of a lucky pass. Thats it. Game 3 and 4 he had tons of offsides, giveaways, and blind passes. Oh, he took the penalty that the Flames scored on to get 1 goal up on us. Thats bulls***. Our powerplay is pathetic because he is out there with Sammy. Both of those players arent playing well, and I think its a grave mistake to entrust a powerplay unit in the hands of two players who are struggling. The bottom line is this. Lang is gone. The instant we signed Dats 7 years Lang has to go to clear cap space. Even when everyone is about to agree Lang shoudl go he gets a goal or an assist. If it gets to a point where he has to score a goal once every 15-20 games just so he wont have everyone against him tells me its time for him to shape up or ship out. I am not saying our loss is all Lang's fault, but jesus, he is almost counter productive at times.

I watched the game. He got an assist of a lucky pass. Thats it. Game 3 and 4 he had tons of offsides, giveaways, and blind passes. Oh, he took the penalty that the Flames scored on to get 1 goal up on us. Thats bulls***. Our powerplay is pathetic because he is out there with Sammy. Both of those players arent playing well, and I think its a grave mistake to entrust a powerplay unit in the hands of two players who are struggling. The bottom line is this. Lang is gone. The instant we signed Dats 7 years Lang has to go to clear cap space. Even when everyone is about to agree Lang shoudl go he gets a goal or an assist. If it gets to a point where he has to score a goal once every 15-20 games just so he wont have everyone against him tells me its time for him to shape up or ship out. I am not saying our loss is all Lang's fault, but jesus, he is almost counter productive at times.

If he is gone then good riddance, but... What is Robert Lang of this board going to do then?!?

I watched the game. He got an assist of a lucky pass. Thats it. Game 3 and 4 he had tons of offsides, giveaways, and blind passes. Oh, he took the penalty that the Flames scored on to get 1 goal up on us. Thats bulls***. Our powerplay is pathetic because he is out there with Sammy. Both of those players arent playing well, and I think its a grave mistake to entrust a powerplay unit in the hands of two players who are struggling.

Aren't assists goals all pretty luck they go in on any goal? After all you have to rely on the other person to seal the deal. And you are blaming Lang for the phantom call on him? The one where the reply showed other wings guilty of other infractions and Micky left wondering what Lang did? Actually, we did pretty well on the PK when it was 5-4... What killed us was our fearless Captain getting a call to put us down 5-3... That's when they scored the goal. Get over the blindly blaming Lang for everything :sly:

Yeah our powerplay is pathetic...So is has been the play of our first line in the two losses... why not call for their heads also? Why stop at the safe-scapegoat... to afraid to place blame on anyone but lang for fear of Ridicule by others over the internet?

And while you are pinning the loss on a +2 player, you don't logically wonder why our 1st line was all -1's and certain players on the team WHO SHOULD HAVE some production now, don't? Please continue to Bash away!

Is lang also to blame for Haseks penalty to go down 5-3 allowing the 1st goal. Or how about when Zeta-Holmer-Dats were on the ice giving up the loan even strength goal... Those also his fault, his liabilty?

Edited by OsGOD

Guest RobertLang

And while you are pinning the loss on a +2 player, you don't logically wonder why our 1st line was all -1's and certain players on the team WHO SHOULD HAVE some production now, don't? Please continue to Bash away!

Come on OsGOD- don't compare me to productive players. That just isn't fair.

PS- When do I get MY 7 years deal??

Robert.

Guest Crymson

We got him to set up plays (which he still does in the Post season, regardless of if you recognize it or not)

We already had a ton of quality goal scorers on our team when we acquired him... Lang was just an add on. Obviously he wasn't going to be our team leader nor get the first line ice time.

I brought cheli into this to show you how just because a player is something on another team (i.e. lang being a league leader) doesn't mean they will be that on our team.

I was actually talking about the 95-96 season with 72 points... but by all means do stop your stats at 2 years prior :)

And lang is the go-to first line guy on the wings? Hmmm I thought that was pointless Zeta's job to be the go-to #1 line player. Lang produces enough for one person... The other members of the team... should be more than capable of pulling up the slack.

Finally you are bored... that took much longer than I thought.

Lang wasn't acquired to be a team leader in points? Wrong. He was the league-leader in points when we got him in '04. This was the first time in the history of the NHL that the points leader had been traded.

Lang played on the first line with Yzerman and Shanahan in the 2004 playoffs. Wrong again.

Your argument about Chelios is interesting, considering that people in Chicago were encouraging him to retire around the time that he was traded to Detroit. He has spoken about this, and about how he felt Detroit gave him a new lease on his hockey life, and that as a result Detroit is now his home. Before Chelios was traded here, he was putting up relatively low point totals, was in the minus range for the first time since his days in Montreal, and was in every other way on the decline.

Lang? Lang, as noted, was the league leader in points. He was not traded because he was on the decline; he was traded because Washington was cleaning house, as they rid themselves of Jagr, Gonchar and Bondra in the same period as well.

Chelios, in '98-'99, was having a career-worst season. Lang, in '03-'04, was having a career-best season.

I don't know why you continue to bother.

Lang wasn't acquired to be a team leader in points? Wrong. He was the league-leader in points when we got him in '04. This was the first time in the history of the NHL that the points leader had been traded.

Lang played on the first line with Yzerman and Shanahan in the 2004 playoffs. Wrong again.

Your argument about Chelios is interesting, considering that people in Chicago were encouraging him to retire around the time that he was traded to Detroit. He has spoken about this, and about how he felt Detroit gave him a new lease on his hockey life, and that as a result Detroit is now his home. Before Chelios was traded here, he was putting up relatively low point totals, was in the minus range for the first time since his days in Montreal, and was in every other way on the decline.

Lang? Lang, as noted, was the league leader in points. He was not traded because he was on the decline; he was traded because Washington was cleaning house, as they rid themselves of Jagr, Gonchar and Bondra in the same period as well.

Chelios, in '98-'99, was having a career-worst season. Lang, in '03-'04, was having a career-best season.

Well good morning sunshine!

Because I can and its funny to watch you ramble about stuff ;)

I knew Lang was going to have (another) sloppy game... within the first 2:00 of the first period when Lang coughed up the puck in our zone and created that 3 on 1 odd man. He just stood there like, duh. Good thing Hasek had his back on that one, whew!

Yes, agreed, I watched that one too and thought the exact same thing. I've been calling this guy "the giveaway king" for a long timen now. When i read that stat that he lead the entire LEAGUE in giveaways I wasn't surprised at all. It seemed that every game I watched he was the guy that killed the scoring chance or gave the other team one. I'm confused though; why, why, oh WHY does Babs not change things up with him? I coach a high school hockey team and if one of my better players was pulling a "Lang" I would TRY different things. ie, bench him for a period, move him down to the third line, bench him for a game, call him out in the press! Babs, to my knowledge (which is very limited, lol) hasn't done any of these that I can see by watching the games. So does Lang have pictures of Babs with a hooker or something?

Do something about him Babcock!

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Ive been a supporter of Lang for awhile now. But even I must admit, Ive seen his game diminish this season. Especially so far in the playoffs. He's looked a few steps slower than everyone else out there lately. Im still gonna support him, cause im just hoping hes gonna bust out. But honestly, I dont see it happening. I never thought I was gonna go here, but can we say trade anyone? I hope im wrong, and I hope Lang has an awesome post-season. But as of now, hes Mr. Tradebait to me. Sad to say. But true.

Guest RobertLang

Well, I'm not sure if there is anything else to say. Yes, I agree....OsGOD=owned.

Robert Lang

Well, I'm not sure if there is anything else to say. Yes, I agree....OsGOD=owned.

Robert Lang

Bobbie, Bobbie, Bobbie... My dear Bobby, I hardly think that was owning me... But to each their own ;)

Edited by OsGOD