• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

hey RedRum, don't you have anything to say about this? I'm patiently waiting for you to tell me how i'm a loon who posts invalid opinions because we simply owned the Flames last night.

I'm not disputing what the numbers you've presented say...Calgary picked up it's game considerably. Was that a function of Detroit playing worse of calgary playing better....Thursday will tell a lot. Numbers aside, I thoight the Wings were very strong in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I'll repeat that outside of the PP's we gave them, the Wings were the better team IMO at even strength. My beef is with you talking about Lang back-checking well and playing strong in front of the net. I dont see that at all, and if i did I'd readily give him his due the same as I do Sammy (who is mostly awful but plays well defensively).

Good post, im curious to see if people will ride Zetterberg if he doesnt produce. Like they did Datsyuk, i highly doubt it since zetts has a cult following around here lol.

If the Wings are fortunate enough to move on to the second round, and Z doesn't find his stride in the following series, I would have no problem "riding" him. That being said, there are always stipulations that come into play (I.E. Dats coming into the playoffs hurt last season).

That being said, just because a player as a bad game or two there are way too many posters here that feel something drastic has to take place. Z isn't going to be perfect every game......Lids isn't going to be perfect every game.....Dats isn't going to be perfect every game. The point is that people need to slow down a bit, rather than rushing to these new "brilliant" ideas on what this Red Wings team needs.

I just think that Lang is the easy scape goat here, because of his apparent passion for the game. While Zetterberg, Samuelsson, ect, while not getting points, at least show some fire. It is always obvious that they try and work hard. Lang just seems to be in cruise control when he skates. Never accelerating to get to the puck or play defense. I think that is why he has become such a target. And a deserving one at that.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'm not disputing what the numbers you've presented say...Calgary picked up it's game considerably. Was that a function of Detroit playing worse of calgary playing better....Thursday will tell a lot. Numbers aside, I thoight the Wings were very strong in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I'll repeat that outside of the PP's we gave them, the Wings were the better team IMO at even strength. My beef is with you talking about Lang back-checking well and playing strong in front of the net. I dont see that at all, and if i did I'd readily give him his due the same as I do Sammy (who is mostly awful but plays well defensively).

Well, if you didn't see it then you just didn't see it, won't hold it against you. However, as a matter of fact though in last nights game Lang did exactly what I was referring too. I think it was Amonte maybe in front that Lang came back down ice and tied up, they were the only 2 in front of the net. The game announcers even brought it up that Lang probably saved a goal there.

Just one of probably a 1/2 dozen times i've seen him do that the past 2 months. You may not have noticed it but I do because i happen to be looking for those things. Goals and stuff are great but I generally try to pay attention to who is winning their one on one battles and who is coming up with loose pucks and making crisp passes. Its a reason why I noticed Datsyuk on his kiester alot last night as i'm just always looking at little things like that. You don't have to take my word for it but IMO Lang has done a way better job of being responsible in his own end and for me that's important especially when he's not producing as has been the case the past few months.

It is always obvious that they try and work hard. Lang just seems to be in cruise control when he skates. Never accelerating to get to the puck or play defense. I think that is why he has become such a target. And a deserving one at that.

Lang is in cruise control and you see him coming up short on plays time and time again. I still like having him out there because I think he's too good to keep this type of play up all through the playoffs, I even thought he'd get hot this postseason. But with him having so much trouble doing anything with the puck, it's really no wonder as to why Bert is having trouble getting going, he's the one being gunned for everytime he steps on the ice, seems like his appearance even provides energy for the Flames. What I think needs to be done is Lang needs to be demoted to get him to step up possibly, however, Babcock won't do it, and if he doesn't, lets hope he's not afraid to do it during Game 4, cause waiting till we're even 2-2 in the series to make some line changes would suck. I still have great faith in this series though, we're still a much better team than Calgary, I wouldn't be discouraged at this point with one game lost, I just hope Lang does indeed show something offensively, atleast by setting up his teammates better with the puck - I think it can happen too, but maybe not on the road I guess, Lang has been hesitating too much for some reason.

So far this crap I've been hearing all season of "Robert Lang brings it to the playoffs" has been nothing but bulls***. Lang is undoubtadly the worst player on the team right now. I seriously wish Babcock would bench his fat lazy to send a message or something. I was really mad seeing him show no effort out there last night, and here Jiri Hudler, who works his ass off, is being benched. Ugh.

I like how everyone ignored my post on page 1.

Anyway...To those who claim that Lang sucked and they complained about him in the first two games, just how did he suck? Because if I recall, he played very well in game one and many people were complimenting him and impressed.

Like I said before, I'm not saying Lang is playing awesome, but come on...He has done some good things this season and in the start of the playoffs. Look at those for once, instead of being negative all the time. It will get you further in life. ;)

I like how everyone ignored my post on page 1.

Anyway...To those who claim that Lang sucked and they complained about him in the first two games, just how did he suck? Because if I recall, he played very well in game one and many people were complimenting him and impressed.

Like I said before, I'm not saying Lang is playing awesome, but come on...He has done some good things this season and in the start of the playoffs. Look at those for once, instead of being negative all the time. It will get you further in life. ;)

I thought he was decent in game 1. Game 2 and 3 were questionable. He wasnt our worst player ... but then again he isn't paid like our worst player either.

And he can hardly be blaimed for the partial break he was stopped on in game 2 (i think) he picked his corner and Kipper made a nice save. Then Langer made sure to give him a stare down. Hopefully it will transition into a goal or some big plays in game 4. We need more than just him to step it up though.

I don't recall pinning our loss on Lang. But his 2 million dollar yr piece of dead weight isnt justified.

Try 3.8 Million a year....see www.nhlnumbers.com

3.8 million? Now thats a lot of pizza!

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby

Alright...You all knew I was coming...

Surprisingly, I'm not going to argue with most of you. Lang hasn't been on his game. I'll admit it. What bothers me, though, is that he isn't the only one that is screwing up, yet he seems to be the only one getting talked about negatively. Like some said, Sammy isn't doing his job either. Where are the "I hate Sammy" threads? Lidstrom had some bad plays last night too, but since he is so respected, no one dares to say anything about it.

Like I said, I'm not saying Lang is playing like a hockey god, but he isn't the only one who is responsible for the loss. All I'm saying is if you're going to complain about how one player sucks because he isn't playing well, you might as well complain about all of them. We lost as a team. Don't take it out on one person.

Welcome to the club, this used to happen all the time with Pavel, tons and tons of TRADE DATSYUK threads, and now that he has been on his game and got resigned to a contract everyone is done talking smack.

Lang can be a good player but he needs to get motivated and do something and do something fast. I just wonder if his poor play lately has been due to him knowing he likely won't be resigned with the Red Wings come next season, who knows his style has always been different but he needs to put some pucks in the net to silence all the critics thats what Pavel did and now they are off his back so hopefully Lang will do the same and play better so we can move on to the next whipping boy.

keep in mind Lilja also was on everyone's hit list before now that he has stepped his game up and played grittier everyone is starting to side with him.

what happened to all the Lilja hate threads?

I'm so sick of this. We lose a game and we have to post threads based on why we hate certain players. It's so stupid. Everyone knows you guys hate Lang. It's common knowledge. The sky is blue, the Red Wings are awesome, everyone hates Lang.

Well, I don't, and he's a Red Wing, and I honestly think people point out his flaws more because they expect him to suck. No one played a particularly good game last night except Draper and Cleary, right? It's stupid to make threads for every other player on the team.

I hope he leaves after this season SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS CRAP EVERY DAY!

Edited by Offsides

I'm so sick of this. We lose a game and we have to post threads based on why we hate certain players. It's so stupid. Everyone knows you guys hate Lang. It's common knowledge. The sky is blue, the Red Wings are awesome, everyone hates Lang.

Well, I don't, and he's a Red Wing, and I honestly think people point out his flaws more because they expect him to suck. No one played a particularly good game last night except Draper and Cleary, right? It's stupid to make threads for every other player on the team.

:clap:

I'm so sick of this. We lose a game and we have to post threads based on why we hate certain players. It's so stupid. ...

You really think it will stop? I dunno, I just think everytime needs someone to point the blame at. Us wings fans are lucky, we have 2 or 3 of them, makes it easier, we can rotate. And if we are really mad, we can just throw out names cuz luck of the draw says we are gunna hit one of them.

Well said. :clap:

I tend to disagree with that statement. Even when the Wings are winning, we all still hate Lang.

keep in mind Lilja also was on everyone's hit list before now that he has stepped his game up and played grittier everyone is starting to side with him.

what happened to all the Lilja hate threads?

Oh what. He's playing better now. Because we hated someone before means we should still hate them now when there is no good reason?

There is a reason many of us, including myself, can't stand Robert Lang. I don't give a damn if he's a Red Wing or not, if he doesn't want to even make an effort play well, then why should I compliment him?

If Lang were to get motivated , he could do some damage.

Yeah I still predict a big game from Langer before this series is over.

You really think it will stop? I dunno, I just think everytime needs someone to point the blame at. Us wings fans are lucky, we have 2 or 3 of them, makes it easier, we can rotate. And if we are really mad, we can just throw out names cuz luck of the draw says we are gunna hit one of them.

You are 100% right. I know it deep down that it will never stop, but it's so annoying. It's like people are waiting for us to lose so they can pounce on certain players. Sergei Fedorov was the scapegoat when he was here and he is one of the best Wings of all time.

I tend to disagree with that statement. Even when the Wings are winning, we all still hate Lang.

Oh what. He's playing better now. Because we hated someone before means we should still hate them now when there is no good reason?

I think that you only have the guts to post crap like this when we are losing. When Lang was the hottest player in the league back when Z was out I didn't see any complaints about him...he's going through a cool streak and he's most hated. I just don't see the point of countless threads with the same people everytime posting about how they don't like Lang. And I don't think it's cool that you wait till we lose one game, hit the panic button, and flame Lang.

People should lay off Lang. The style he plays, is the style he plays...he's not going to become a power forward just because you guys are bitching about him. He does what works for him most of the time, and is usually effective at it...just right now in a little slump.

I think that you only have the guts to post crap like this when we are losing. When Lang was the hottest player in the league back when Z was out I didn't see any complaints about him...he's going through a cool streak and he's most hated. I just don't see the point of countless threads with the same people everytime posting about how they don't like Lang. And I don't think it's cool that you wait till we lose one game, hit the panic button, and flame Lang.

You couldn't be more wrong. Check my post history. I've been all over Lang since about mid-January, and you can't say we weren't winning then. Don't accuse me of things you don't know are true. I haven't really cared for Lang since last year. At that time, I wasn't a member here. But if I was, I would have the same feelings then as I have now. The only time he hasn't been a lazy blob was when he first got him back in 2004. Since then, he feels the need to not work. At least last year he was producing, so I generally let it go. He isn't do anything this year though, so why is it so wrong that I call him out? Isn't that what most people do when players aren't playing well?

People should lay off Lang. The style he plays, is the style he plays...he's not going to become a power forward just because you guys are bitching about him. He does what works for him most of the time, and is usually effective at it...just right now in a little slump.

Little slump? When the last time he scored a goal? Or had a multi-point game?

You know, I could go on and on and on, because I have enough evidance to support my thoughts on Lang. But I won't. If it makes you any happier, I will stop bashing Lang.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings

CRY.ME.A.RIVER.

Has it occured to you that we may have lost "a game" because of Lang? Just because everyone has been down on Lang (Do you think there might be a reason?) all season, doesn't mean we should just sit there and watch him coast around the ice and cough the puck up..in silence, at least. Lang has played absolutely brutally for the better part of the season- it's time for a change. Put a player in that will produce- I hope Lang does get rolling soon, but think that sitting him 1 game could only help.

You couldn't be more wrong. Check my post history. I've been all over Lang since about mid-January, and you can't say we weren't winning then. Don't accuse me of things you don't know are true. I haven't really cared for Lang since last year.

I'm not just referring to you. I don't believe you started this thread, for one thing. Honestly I don't really care that you don't like him, but the endless barage of threads/posts about him is truly at a ridiculous level. This isn't like 1 or 2 incidents. It's thread after thread...then inside threads about other things it's all in there. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd much rather focus on the positive things of the team, other than bash the players I don't like. And I don't LOVE every player on the Wings, but jeez.

That's not to say we can never bring out flaws, but this is the same thing over and over. How about one big post...stickied at the top of the forum "Lang is lazy and he sucks" because in essense that's what everyone says...no one ever brings anything new to the table. This is 4 pages of the EXACT SAME SENTIMENT over and over. It's not like..."Lang is lazy and he sucks and today he robbed a gas station" When that happens...make a new thread.

You know, I could go on and on and on, because I have enough evidance to support my thoughts on Lang. But I won't. If it makes you any happier, I will stop bashing Lang.

You don't need supporting evidence to BASH a player. And yes, it will make me happy if you stop bashing Lang. :)

CRY.ME.A.RIVER.

Has it occured to you that we may have lost "a game" because of Lang? Just because everyone has been down on Lang (Do you think there might be a reason?) all season, doesn't mean we should just sit there and watch him coast around the ice and cough the puck up..in silence, at least. Lang has played absolutely brutally for the better part of the season- it's time for a change. Put a player in that will produce- I hope Lang does get rolling soon, but think that sitting him 1 game could only help.

You are right. I totally retract what I just said because Lang is the WHOLE reason we lost last night's game. It was ONLY Lang, guys. So stop the threads on Bert, Lidstrom, and whoever else is the goat du jour.

:rolleyes: