• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saran

STAY POSITIVE

Rate this topic

I'm so sorry you guys. Tonight's loss was totally on me. I had to stay late at the library I and couldn't make it home in time to wear my jersey before I went to my friend's house to watch the game. You break tradition and this is what happens. I'm sure you all did your part and I let you down. Forgive me.

Wow, this is the saddest positivity thread I've seen in a while...

I actually think it's the reverse of what was posted as the threads title? :lol:

We'll be fine in Game 4. I didn' t expect us to win tonight. I'm upset about it but it's not the end for this team. They will get settled and we're going to split these two games...

Everyone KNEW the Flames were going to come out and make a difference from the past two games. They had to - it needs to be a SERIES.

im not lettign this game kill me spirit why i 3-0 lead in the series would of been all kinds of nice. But in reality all i wanted was to split games in calgary then go back home leading 3-1 with a chance to shut the door on the flames at the joe.

and i believe bernie will be there too

im not lettign this game kill me spirit why i 3-0 lead in the series would of been all kinds of nice. But in reality all i wanted was to split games in calgary then go back home leading 3-1 with a chance to shut the door on the flames at the joe.

and i believe bernie will be there too

Bernie will totally be there! ;)

lmao tonight at work i wrote Bernie owns you all on a piece of paper and clipped it to my work shirt, alot of customers were looking at me like i was some kinda of crazy man.

Guest Crymson

lets stay positive, some of you may be very doubtful now, but we can easily beat these guys. first 2 games, total domination, 3 game we were in it the whole team despite lang :P and some iffy calls.

Totally agree, of course! Thanks for posting this.

I would like to remove one of Lang's testicles. Terrible game, as usual. So much for picking it up during the postseason: better push harder, Langer.

why i alot of would like to beat lang with a bat wrapped in barbed wire about right now, lets just look at the postive very good chance he wont be around next season, and makes us in the market for a replacement.

Honestly, I'm not too bummed about this loss. Where we absolutely dismantled the Flames in our wins, they simply took advantage of our brain farts (specifically, taking stupid penalties every time we started to gather steam) in their win. I don't feel we were really outplayed--we just have to avoid the unforced offsides so we can get a rhythm going; work on being smarter in our neutral zone-to-offensive zone transitions (if you see 'em lining up at the blue line, don't run right into them); cut down on the needless giveaways (i.e. better communication); create more space in the offensive zone on the PP with more deep zone-to-points passes; understand the refs are favoring the opposition and play accordingly (i.e. impale your victim discreetly); and knock 'em around (the Flames didn't respond well to physical liberties, and our best stretches of play started with big hits).

Oh, and bench Lang.

Edited by Dabura

Guest tangstoiggy

I actually think it's the reverse of what was posted as the threads title? :lol:

We'll be fine in Game 4. I didn' t expect us to win tonight. I'm upset about it but it's not the end for this team. They will get settled and we're going to split these two games...

Everyone KNEW the Flames were going to come out and make a difference from the past two games. They had to - it needs to be a SERIES.

NOT IN THE THUNDERDOME, YOU WON'T

LOUD, LOUD , my ears are still ringing

When the Flames would get behind. the fans totally rocked that place, and they got right back into the lead.

This is dejavue, of the Wings losing series when being up 2 games

I would be alittle worried

I agree, I'm not going to feel completely at ease until we bounce these guys, if we do. Even after the first two games, I knew all it was take is a loss in game 3, and here we are with the Flames getting a chance to tie the freaking thing up on Thursday.

Why I'm positive: we took their absolute best shot and survived. This was their game back home with that crowd, backs against the wall, throwing everything they have at us. And in spite of that, we were RIGHT THERE, and if not for a bad goal by Dom, questionable penalties, etc. we probably win, or at the very least we're still playing right now. The sledding will be a little easier in game 4, we should pull it out, then back to the Joe to wrap it up.

Questionable penalties...imagine that....kind of like the one the Flames were called for in the Joe

The one they missed was the deliberate ELbow to Dions head

Sportsnet reporting the cleary hit was a deliberate elbow to the head

And your wings are such angels

Oh seen big bad bert on Sportsnet......He sure looks like crap, doesn;t look well....and he was pretty well invisable out there tonight

Edited by tangstoiggy

Oh well. So Calgary won a game at home. Even a blind dog finds a bone every now and then.

I don't care which one between Sammy and Langer that they bench. Just bench one of them. Hudler has earned the right to play in the playoffs with his performance the first 2 games.

Guest tangstoiggy

I AGREE!! Lets not let this game break our spirits we still have to believe we're going to win this thing! we will do it!

You haven;t won in the Dome in how long...What makes you think you will now...Wings looked like a very sloppy team out there at times...Looking a little frustrated..But with the fans in that building...who could think

This series will be tied going back to the Joe,

Remember when the Flames beat the Wings on March 20 in the dome...that was the start of the Flames 6 game win streak....including 4 on the road.

This win tonight, has given the Flames the confidence and momentum they need to win.....

And Kipper as been fricking amazing...he is so totally on his game...and when he plays like that., he is very hard to beat

Zetterburg as yet to get a point in this series

Datsyuk totally shut down tonight....and the Flames were missing Regehr

Oh well. So Calgary won a game at home. Even a blind dog finds a bone every now and then.

I don't care which one between Sammy and Langer that they bench. Just bench one of them. Hudler has earned the right to play in the playoffs with his performance the first 2 games.

Yep they did, find a bone, where the Wings have yet to find one in the dOme :P

Edited by tangstoiggy

Calgary's waking up now... wings are in trouble. When Calgary plays at it's best, there is no way Detroit can beat them. When Calgary plays at its worst (ie, game 1 and 2) there's no way they can beat any team.

This series is going to be an interesting one...

Found a bone? are you kidding.... Calgary dominated that game, like many of the regular season matches.

You haven;t won in the Dome in how long...What makes you think you will now...Wings looked like a very sloppy team out there at times...Looking a little frustrated..But with the fans in that building...who could think

This series will be tied going back to the Joe,

Remember when the Flames beat the Wings on March 20 in the dome...that was the start of the Flames 6 game win streak....including 4 on the road.

This win tonight, has given the Flames the confidence and momentum they need to win.....

And Kipper as been fricking amazing...he is so totally on his game...and when he plays like that., he is very hard to beat

Zetterburg as yet to get a point in this series

Like you have dominated at the Joe. :lol:

I'm counting on Giordano to make a few defensive errors in game 4,Calgarypuck shall get their whipping boy.

But you're right about Kipper though.

Btw,Is that you with Iggy (picture in your avatar)?

Oh seen big bad bert on Sportsnet......He sure looks like crap, doesn;t look well....and he was pretty well invisable out there tonight

I was at the game and the only time I even noticed Bertuzzi was when he got booed for touching the puck :lol: much like the last 2 years...

Yep they did, find a bone, where the Wings have yet to find one in the dOme :P

Thats an understatment... I didn't even see (notice him) him on the ice once.

Calgary's waking up now... wings are in trouble. When Calgary plays at it's best, there is no way Detroit can beat them.

I think anyone with a level head knows the Wings aren't "in trouble now," and that the Flames offered no promise of invincibility in the coming games. The Wings made their fair share of mistakes, but the Flames weren't much better in that department--the only difference being our hard-on for shooting ourselves in the foot (e.g. giveaways, stupid penalties at critical moments), which you guys took advantage of, and which ultimately cost us this game.

Of course, I'm probably saying this in vain; I'm sure as far as Flames fans are concerned, this game was TOTAL DOMINATION. WOW. OUR BUILDING IS SO LOUD. BETTER WATCH OUT CAUSE IF YOU'RE SCARED NOW JUST WAIT UNTIL WE REALLY TURN UP THE HEAT. :rolleyes:

Found a bone? are you kidding.... Calgary dominated that game, like many of the regular season matches.

Yes. Calgary dominated the game. Forgive me if I don't agree with you. Calgary capitalized on the mistakes the Wings made. That's the way it goes in hockey, eh?

Don't forget that it is a best of 7 and Calgary has won 1 game so far. Wings are up 2-1 and 2 more games come at the Joe. How well did Calgary do on the road this year?

I went into this game with the thought that if the Wings were going to lose one that this would be the game. Its fine. Sweeps are so boring anyway.

See you Thursday, trolls! Oh wait, I bet I don't, because you won't have any reason to come here and feel like king s*** on turd hill.

Edited by Mickeyisms Rule!

After so many springs of losing to the pesky, feisty, hurtbag under-dogs who win the hearts of the nation and ride to the Stanley Cup final....I don't think I have any hope left.

Way to stick with the whole purpose of the thread. Even when the Red Wings are still leading in the series. Good fricken' grief.

Doom and gloom? No thats reality.

I'd hate to see what reality is in your world! :lol:

How do you know this when 3 games have only been played and it's not unusual for any team, not just the Detroit Red Wings, to lose a series after leading 2 games?

Am I the only one who just wasn't quite comfortable watching that game? Hasek might have been off a little, but in the past when he has had a bad game, he's been awesome the next. Let's hope he continues the trend.

Also, i think Hudler should have played in that game. Filppula's line didn't look quite the same as it has. Get them back together. Either Samuelsson or Lang should sit though, i couldn't believe that Lang was chosen to take that draw right at the end, i sighed out loud before the puck was dropped.

Still, it was a damn tight game, and phaneuf getting drilled by cleary gave me a good laugh. He was our best player in the game. Let's sneak game 4 and go back to the joe and clinch.

GO WINGS!! :thumbup:

This is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a "stay positve" thread <_<

Up until Calgary scored that 2nd goal, I think Dom was OK - but then that one seemed to piss him off a little & it was all downhill from there. Both teams have enjoyed the benefit of the doubt from the refs on home ice so far - and there is no reason to think that it won't continue - so i don't see why everyone is acting so ******* surprised by the outcome of this one. After some uncharacteristic poor plays on our part and sub-par special teams it isn't so shocking.

Yes we lost this game, but that doesn't mean all hope is lost for chrisssake. Contrary to the overall tone in this thread, all of this actually makes me feel a little bit better becasue now I remember that the playoffs are all about adversity and how each team responds to it. That, my friends, is the essence of playoff hockey and as usual the Wings need a reality check in order to really get motivated.

And to any flames fans that feel the need to come onto a Red Wings board and get all cocky while gloating about 1 win: get over yourselves already. As much as you all like to think that you are somehow entitled to win just because a particular franchise happens to be in Canada - give me a break. I am so sick of the mentality that US teams aren't "worthy" of the cup - that is complete BS.

By all means, you should take the oppurtunity to enjoy the success of your team amongst yourselves - but if you want to act like trolls do it on your own board :angry:

Hey, it's all good. The Wings played a damn good game last night. They just happened to get on the wrong side of the chinsy calls by McCreary. The difference between this time and last time we played them in 2004 is that we didn't just sit there and let them take their game to us. It's almost a guarantee that we'll come out a little more disciplined next game. GO WINGS!!!

Questionable penalties...imagine that....kind of like the one the Flames were called for in the Joe

I..... like..... to.............................................................talk like...................this and...............................troll. :clap::clap::clap::yowza:

Markov has to stay out of the box...those penalties killed us.

I would have been extremely surprised if the Wings had swept this series, and winning in 5 lets them do it at home on Saturday...Calgary is a tough place to play but if everyone plays with the energy Cleary had last night we'll win the next two games

I..... like..... to.............................................................talk like...................this and...............................troll. :clap::clap::clap::yowza:

hahahahaha genius

yeah this is seriously a pathetic excuse for a stay positive thread. I know everyones bummed but come on.

GO WINGS!!!! Take em in 5!

I have faith in my boys. And you all should too. :D

Guest GordieSid&Ted

NOT IN THE THUNDERDOME, YOU WON'T

LOUD, LOUD , my ears are still ringing

When the Flames would get behind. the fans totally rocked that place, and they got right back into the lead.

Deliberate elbow? Can anyone tell me if this is true. Saw the hit, looked clean to me. There was no penalty. Is our boy drinking his hometown Tang again? I'll have to find a replay.