• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Any change

Rate this topic

Lets take this at face value. The wings played 2 solid home games and took a 2 game lead into the

Saddledome on Tues night. Now Calgary are 'the' home team in the NHL and to expect us to go into

their barn and sweep the series was going to be a difficult task. Saying that we can take some positives

from the 2-3 loss. Apart from a couple of individual bad plays and unlucky calls, the Wings didn't play a

bad road game at all. The Flames seemed a little anxious in their play and I really feel that we can feed off

this for game #4. My only concern is wether Babs will tinker about with the line up. Will he look at spilting up

Zetts and Dats, maybe not a such a bad call as many would believe it to be. It may be too the Wings advantage

to let the Flames worry about what lines they'll be on, with them having the last change at home it would make

it more of a problem to match the lines up for them. This option would only be for games in Calgary thou.

I must say that we all saw that it'd be Rex who was gunna sit when Bert came in. I really feel for Jiri as he

more than held his own and the line of him Flip and Franz was playing well and providing the spark for the

Wings. Will Babs look at bringing Huds back in for Thurs game and sitting someone else. For me the obvious call

Tues was a straight Bert for Sammy on form alone, so it'll be interesting to see what transpire's. Wholesale line

changes won't help the team really, we need 4 settled lines for the rest of the playoffs, if Pav and Hank start to

hit it off then we'll have no problems at all. I have confidence that we can win the game Thurs and tie it up at home

in game #5. The 2nd line have got to start having an impact on these next games, whether it be Sammy or Bert out

there on it, time for Bobby Lang to step up to the mark me thinks!

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I would like to see him change the lines. I think a Calder/Filpulla/Bertuzzi combo would be great, and putting Lang with Cleary and Franzen.

Babs is probably going to show them some video fo them losing face offs and one on one battles and then he'll tell them that they won games 1 and 2 by winning more faceoffs, battles and having more possession of the puck. Calgary reversed altogether or at least chewed into all of those numbers last night and that's why they won. They played hungrier, had faster legs and they won the battles. All you have to look at is the two goals the Draper line got and Maltby, Drapes and especially Cleary won their battles and coincidentally scored on each of the shifts where they won their battles.

i'd keep the same lineup and just preach to our guys that the things they did so well at home they sort of lost some of in Calgary. In fairness that's to be expected though, game 1 at home for Calgary, they're desperate and they had to play a big game which they did. Hopefully we walk away with a split and this puppy is over.

FYI- In looking at the playoff predictions thread it seemed like many folks picked us in 6 games. Therefore we ought not be surprised if we lose again.

Lets take this at face value. The wings played 2 solid home games and took a 2 game lead into the

Saddledome on Tues night. Now Calgary are 'the' home team in the NHL and to expect us to go into

their barn and sweep the series was going to be a difficult task. Saying that we can take some positives

from the 2-3 loss. Apart from a couple of individual bad plays and unlucky calls, the Wings didn't play a

bad road game at all. The Flames seemed a little anxious in their play and I really feel that we can feed off

this for game #4. My only concern is wether Babs will tinker about with the line up. Will he look at spilting up

Zetts and Dats, maybe not a such a bad call as many would believe it to be. It may be too the Wings advantage

to let the Flames worry about what lines they'll be on, with them having the last change at home it would make

it more of a problem to match the lines up for them. This option would only be for games in Calgary thou.

I must say that we all saw that it'd be Rex who was gunna sit when Bert came in. I really feel for Jiri as he

more than held his own and the line of him Flip and Franz was playing well and providing the spark for the

Wings. Will Babs look at bringing Huds back in for Thurs game and sitting someone else. For me the obvious call

Tues was a straight Bert for Sammy on form alone, so it'll be interesting to see what transpire's. Wholesale line

changes won't help the team really, we need 4 settled lines for the rest of the playoffs, if Pav and Hank start to

hit it off then we'll have no problems at all. I have confidence that we can win the game Thurs and tie it up at home

in game #5. The 2nd line have got to start having an impact on these next games, whether it be Sammy or Bert out

there on it, time for Bobby Lang to step up to the mark me thinks!

Your post is so hard to read with all the indents and what not.

I would like to see him change the lines. I think a Calder/Filpulla/Bertuzzi combo would be great, and putting Lang with Cleary and Franzen.

I don't think that Drapers line should be split up at all. The Cleary, Drapes, Malts line has been the Wings best in the series

How bout this:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Lang-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Or is there NO way Babs puts Langer on the 4th line. Maybe that'll get him pissed and going!

EDIT: TAKE SAMMY OUT, DAMN IT!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Game 8 not matter what the outcome is... is when babs will make changes to the line up for this series. I sure hope for our sake he doesn't let Huddles sit on the bench, again... he is wasting a scoring talent that has been prevelant all year long.

I don't think that Drapers line should be split up at all. The Cleary, Drapes, Malts line has been the Wings best in the series

How bout this:

Calder-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Franzen-Lang-Sammy

Or is there NO way Babs puts Langer on the 4th line. Maybe that'll get him pissed and going!

Actually HC........I love these lines. The only change I would make would be to throw Hudler in the fourth line and bench Sammy. When Z went down Huds and Lang had a great chemistry. That coupled with Franzen's hard-working style of play would make for a hell of a good fourth line IMO.

Actually HC........I love these lines. The only change I would make would be to throw Hudler in the fourth line and bench Sammy. When Z went down Huds and Lang had a great chemistry. That coupled with Franzen's hard-working style of play would make for a hell of a good fourth line IMO.

Haha right after I posted Sammy I was like OMG what am I doing so I edited it!

My personal opinion here: Lang should be benched before Sameulsson.

Unfourtantly though, it'll never happen. <_<:(

Babs has to see that Lang and Sammy suck... he just can't bring himself to sit either one of them. Honestly, Lang has proven himself to be somewhat of a playoff contributor in the past, but Sammy has done nothing... unless 50 ft. wrist shots account for doing something. Hudler at least has some hunger, speed and actual ability to score a goal from time to time.

Babs has to see that Lang and Sammy suck... he just can't bring himself to sit either one of them. Honestly, Lang has proven himself to be somewhat of a playoff contributor in the past, but Sammy has done nothing... unless 50 ft. wrist shots account for doing something. Hudler at least has some hunger, speed and actual ability to score a goal from time to time.

If I had to pick one of the two to stay in the playoffs, I'd pick Sameulsson. He really isn't that good, but at least he won't cost us like Lang. All Lang knows how to do is turn the puck over and get beat because of his laziness. He sucks. Sameulsson, at the very least, is defensivly responsible and won't cost the Wings.

If Hudler was in, one of those two would sit. Unfourtantly we don't have enough other players to play for the other one to sit (Kopecky hasn't played in almost 5 months, so don't even mention him).

By the way, for all of those Lang lovers that are planning a "Robert Lang brings it to the playoffs" thing, please don't. He hasn't even been close to playing a good game so far. He's been the worst player on the team so far, and this for a guy that supposdly does bring it to the playoffs. He should sit, period. If he's going to be in the lineup because he played well in the past, I guess we should just bring back McCarty while we're at it.

By the way, for all of those Lang lovers that are planning a "Robert Lang brings it to the playoffs" thing, please don't. He hasn't even been close to playing a good game so far. He's been the worst player on the team so far, and this for a guy that supposdly does bring it to the playoffs. He should sit, period. If he's going to be in the lineup because he played well in the past, I guess we should just bring back McCarty while we're at it.

Let me make perfectly clear that I have no love for Lang at all... He and Sammy have both sucked so badly, there is almost no way to decide which one to sit. They are both so atrocious that it's impossible to decide which one should be gone. They both need to sit. I'd even play Langfeld or some other scrub at this point... they are a joke. BUT based on the fact that in the playoffs that Lang has played as a Wing before this year, he has scored goals for us in the playoffs. If you have to choose between the two, Sammy contributes less offensively... if you put the right people with Lang, maybe - just maybe - they can cover for his defense-defficient azz.

Let me make perfectly clear that I have no love for Lang at all... He and Sammy have both sucked so badly, there is almost no way to decide which one to sit. They are both so atrocious that it's impossible to decide which one should be gone. They both need to sit. I'd even play Langfeld or some other scrub at this point... they are a joke. BUT based on the fact that in the playoffs that Lang has played as a Wing before this year, he has scored goals for us in the playoffs. If you have to choose between the two, Sammy contributes less offensively... if you put the right people with Lang, maybe - just maybe - they can cover for his defense-defficient azz.

I wasn't directing that at you. I was mainly referring that to anybody that was going to come on here and give a speech about how Lang brings it to the playoffs and all this other bulls***. Yes, Lang has played well in the playoffs in the past. But he sure as hell isn't this year.

I'd watch what you say about playing Josh Langfeld also. He is extremely clumsy, misses sure fire goals, and is always in the box. If the Wings were to take some fourth line guy out of GR, I'd take Matt Hussey or even Bootland before I put Langfeld in the lineup.

[quote

(HockeyCrazy3033 @ April 18, 2007 - 01:30PM) *

How bout this:

Calder-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Franzen-Lang-Sammy

I kind of like these lines, I just change the second and third lines around.

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Calder-Lang-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Sit Sammy for a night, I believe Filp was great with the presence of Hudler. I also agree he looks a little lost with bert on his line. MHO

Zetterberg looks fine. You're obviously not watching him play and just basing your judgments entirely on stats.

I'm not bashing him. I love Z. And it's well known that I love Bert, and I think they are both injured.

I watched him play in person for games 1 and 2, and I didn't think he was fine. I think he's still injured and should ease back into the minutes he usually gets.

Zetterberg looks fine. You're obviously not watching him play and just basing your judgments entirely on stats.

Offsides nor I are bashing zetterberg.... Its obvious he is not 100%, to say otherwise discredits everything he has ever done for this team. I know for a fact I am baseing my opinons of his play off watching live and in person the first two games back as well as what was on TV in game 3. I am not the Datsyuk haters that based their hate of him 100% on the fact that he didn't score a playoff goal until this year.