• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
barnettkid14

- 04/18 - Hudler's Contribution

Rate this topic

Jiri Hudler deserves to play in these playoffs. I don't know how much more he has to prove himself to the Red Wings staff. In the regular season he posted 10 goals and 15 assists along with a +16 rating. Being a 4th liner and all I say those are good stats. Now the first name that comes to mind to scratch would be Maltby, mainly because he only posted 6 goals and 5 assists at a -9 rating. The only reason I hesitate on Maltby now is because of his contribution in game 3 - he didn't get any points but he did contribute. So I've narrowed it down to Maltby or Bert. Why Bert you might be asking? Well - the Wings were doing fine until he returned, so why ruin a winning lineup. Enjoy, give your thoughts!

I agree. Hudler should play. Though, I think we need Maltby for our PK. I would say bench Samuelson or Lang. I doubt Babcock changes the roster though unless we lose game 4. At the VERY least I would like to see Hudler become a permanent part of the lineup next season.

Guest Agalloch

It still amazes me that people think guys like Bertuzzi should be sitting over Samuelsson. Honestly, it's dumb to think that way. Samuelsson is an awful player.

Agreed. Jiri Hudler should play...he earned it in the regular season and the playoffs so far. I think, however, Bert shouldn't sit (unless he IS still bothered by the concussion) but it should be Sammy, most likely, sitting.

Guest Crymson

Yeah, it's terrible. I spent all of last game screaming at Samuelsson and Lang. Samuelsson flat out sucks; he's slow and clumsy. Lang ain't much better, but he sure is more effective when he's not on a line with another sloth. Based on the performance of Calder - Lang - Hudler when they were together, I'd say that this decision is a no-brainer.

We might see it next game.

Only two point in 2 games... he is one point ahead with his land lord in points... Hudler is Lazy, but he obviously doesn't suck... Although he Should be benched perminantly and not brought back next season. :ph34r:

Edited by OsGOD

Only one point in 2 games... he is tied with his land lord in point... Hudler is Lazy and he sucks... he Should be benched perminantly and not brought back next season. :ph34r:

He has 2 points in 2 games. And was also valuable to another goal that he didn't get an assist for, but was on the ice.

Also...he played what like 15 minutes in the 2 games...

Edited by Offsides

He has 2 points in 2 games. And was also valuable to another goal that he didn't get an assist for, but was on the ice.

lmao couple battles online!

*grabs popcorn* :lol:

Also...he played what like 15 minutes in the 2 games...

This is just a shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing OsGOD's post had a nice hint of sacrasm coming from it. :P

Yay, another who should play/who should sit thread...wonderful.

While we all are clamoring for Lang or Sammy to sit, they won't. Lang's a veteran presence and a big body, and Sammy is now on the point on the PP. Hudler's a "rookie" and therefore is the odd man out. If Flip hasn't scored 2 goals, he may have been picked to sit too.

Point is, unless something drastic happens, Hudler's not going to play, simple as that.

This is just a shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing OsGOD's post had a nice hint of sacrasm coming from it. :P

Hmm, you'd think I'd catch that sitting right across from him, eh? :sly:

He's a funny guy, that OsGod ;)

PS. He got his stats wrong, I HAD TO get him on that...(he's since fixed it..)

Edited by Offsides

I thought that is what that little ninja :ph34r: meant... Sarcasm... :)

The ninja means fear...duh ;)

It means you fear me.

Fear of Ninja's? that purposterous! Who the hell is a afraid of a ninja? It means sarcasm :):scared:

Edited by OsGOD

Fear of Ninja's? that purposterous! Who the hell is a afraid of a ninja? It means sarcasm :):scared:

Either way it means fear.

Either it's a guy hiding...or it's a ninja. And everyone is afraid of ninja's...except pirates.

I hate when people MIS-use smileys. There's been such an abuse of it lately!

Either way it means fear.

Either it's a guy hiding...or it's a ninja. And everyone is afraid of ninja's...except pirates.

I hate when people MIS-use smileys. There's been such an abuse of it lately!

I am not afriad of :ph34r: (ninja's) ... Maybe Huddles is and that is why he found his arse on the bench! Get unafraid of :ph34r: (ninja's) Huddles, its your only hope :clap:

Now if i was this smilie I would be afraid :starwars: Darth Vader >> :ph34r: (ninja's)

Edited by OsGOD

Bert's coming off a concussion , Malts is tough and can get under peoples skin.

I like Jiri , but I have no problems with him being benched.

We didnt trade for Bert to bench him

QFT, couldn't have said it better myself :clap:

Everyone has made some very good points about Sammy and Lang, they have not been productive this post-season at all. After looking at Aflec's GDT, it looks as though Sammy is dropped to 4th line. Personally I'd like to see Hudler there with Franzen and Flipper.