• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dicksmack

Support The Wings

Rate this topic

I just wanted to put this out there: I know that the Michigan (and Windsor!) economy has seen better days, and I know that some fans may have been put off by the corporate-first mentality of selling the Wings' lower bowl seats, but I hope we can do our best to support our team by showing up for the rest of the Wings' home playoff games. I am just so proud of this area and how this team has come out and played with grit and is doing their very best to show the rest of the league that they aren't all flash and no substance. When they signed Datsyuk for a long contract, they showed us that they want entertaining, skilled hockey at their barn for a long time and I'm all for it... Hank will sign for long term next... All of you Michigan, Ohio and Ontario Wings fans c'mon! and those of you from beyond that can do it too!

Buy your playoff tickets and support our guys.

I'll be the guy in the home jersey in Section 106 with 'dicksmack' on the back!

Go Wings!

GOOOOOOOOOOO WINGS!

WINDSOR IS WINGSOR! UNITED WE STAND, all Wings fans, not just Detroit, Windsor and Ohio, but all the long sufferers in other cities like Denver, Toronto, Miami and overseas!

Tomorrow is the 19th, WIN ONE IN CALGARY FOR STEVIE!

last game doesnt matter, the real outcome was Wings 2, Flames 1, Refs 2, Posts 1 (so many blown calls in the first round, not only in our series, but others im watching, love how Zetts was being held off the puck with no call when Calgary came down for their winner) (gott love the refs blowing the call and giving the Islander game to Buffalo)

I love the Wings, always will, always have even when I didnt live in this area.

I have been to so many Wings games and look forward to many more.

I hope to get to a game soon, bring an air horn, my red goal light and a new wings jersey.

Wings in 5, dont lose the faith.

Det vs NYR cup.

wings win cup in 7

Lets go wings!

Edited by Wingsor

Illitch should support the FANS and lower prices.

you know what, why not, all our excess revenue now goes to subsidize small market teams so they can afford bigger players...even though their tickets are way cheaper, and they dont earn all the money themselves.....in other words communism.

if theyre going to force it down our throats, we should be able to keep all our players and have the same budget even if we dont make as much money off the lowered tickets. if other teams can dip in the jar, then so can we.

lets see what shary bettman does once his beedy eyes realizes that the big market teams like Det, NYR, Col, Mon, Tor etc are selling tickets for much less, and revenues from our excess are no longer funding the small market teams. Maybe that will dissolve the communistic cap agreement.

He should go into fast good next. Wonder if he can get McDonald's to pay all their extra profit to ensure that smaller restaurants can make the same profit. Maybe McDonald's should bail out Burger King if they start going down. What a joke. If you have a loyal fanbase like US WINGS FANS, and we're willing to buy the tickets and merchandise and it gives us the power to pay for good players, then WE DESERVE IT. I don't think we should be indirectly funding the enemy or the small markets. They should earn a fanbase and support it for years like we have.

PS you guys know that the Windsor Essex Country school board automatically puts money into funding the Toronto Maple Leafs as a stock investment for their teachers? What a joke, most of them cant stand the leafs, would rather fund the wings, or at least have a choice of a canadian team we could stand. more examples of communism. So they dont even earn the right to have all that money in TO. They don't even tell the teachers that its going on either.

I also love not having the option in Windsor to have the red wings symbol on my plate, even though they offer the leafs II asked for a blank spot to be left on the left of my plate and letters....and I'd make my own sticker, but they told me they'd ticket me and revoke my plate! TRUST ME IM DIE HARD WINGS ALL THE WAY!

OK RANT! lol

I would love to pay whatever price for a ticket if it means we win. Hockey on a professional level is a business, and in a free market society we should be allowed to support the teams and things we like in life, and they should be allowed to profit and have the budget to keep making their goods better, IE wings have a budget to not only keep all their stars, but get more, because they reinvest and we love them for it!

Sorry bitter at this new NHL.

LOVE THE WINGS AS MUCH AS EVER!

tomorrow s date is 19, so WIN FOR STEVIE

Edited by Wingsor

I know we have other sports teams in this town and the Flames are the the biggest draw there but I wanna see some asses in those Joe seats! Let's Go Wings! Wingsor rules! It's supposed to be HOCKEYTOWN!

I know we have other sports teams in this town and the Flames are the the biggest draw there but I wanna see some asses in those Joe seats! Let's Go Wings! Wingsor rules! It's supposed to be HOCKEYTOWN!

IT IS HOCKEYTOWN! HOCKEYTOWN USA, (i would reserve hockeytown canada for montreal)

WINGS WIN TOMORROW 4-2, goals from Yzerman, Shan...oops ...sorry habit....

Zetterberg, Datsyuk (2), Holmstrom with assists from Bertuzzi, Filpulla, Lidstrom and Cleary.

LET"S GO RED WINGS!

I just wanted to put this out there: I know that the Michigan (and Windsor!) economy has seen better days, and I know that some fans may have been put off by the corporate-first mentality of selling the Wings' lower bowl seats, but I hope we can do our best to support our team by showing up for the rest of the Wings' home playoff games. I am just so proud of this area and how this team has come out and played with grit and is doing their very best to show the rest of the league that they aren't all flash and no substance. When they signed Datsyuk for a long contract, they showed us that they want entertaining, skilled hockey at their barn for a long time and I'm all for it... Hank will sign for long term next... All of you Michigan, Ohio and Ontario Wings fans c'mon! and those of you from beyond that can do it too!

Buy your playoff tickets and support our guys.

I'll be the guy in the home jersey in Section 106 with 'dicksmack' on the back!

Go Wings!

Is this a offer of you in buying us tickets?

Wingsor: I played for Windsor and Detroit minor hockey teams growing up and trust me Detroit minor hockey teams smoked Toronto every time. Detroit IS HOCKEYTown...

lucky i played in London, didn't live down here at the time, but my heart was always here.!

funny fact i think Toronto has a junior team named the Red Wings!

ANYWAY back on topic. GO WINGS....

lets see some positive WINGS fans on the boards!

Edited by Wingsor

lucky i played in London, didn't live down here at the time, but my heart was always here.!

funny fact i think Toronto has a junior team named the Red Wings!

Yep, my Detroit team beat them 3-1, in a Toronto tournament as I recall... and then we beat the Wexford Raiders for the tourney title...

Hockeytown!

Support the wings...

I'll be there Saturday...I am a poor college student who borrowed money from her roommates (88 dollars to be exact) so I could go.

I'll be there Saturday...I am a poor college student who borrowed money from her roommates (88 dollars to be exact) so I could go.

THATS THE SPIRIT!....It'll be worth it, they will win....THE SERIES! 80 bucks will buy you a couple cds, but the memory of a Wings p layoff game are forever! win or loss, i love all the ones i've been to.

Edited by Wingsor

THATS THE SPIRIT!....It'll be worth it, they will win....THE SERIES! 80 bucks will buy you a couple cds, but the memory of a Wings p layoff game are forever! win or loss, i love all the ones i've been to.

A few years back I spent 125 dollars on a ticket to game 5 vs. Nashville and we won...so lets hope the trend continues, since that was the last time the wings won a playoff series. Not only do i owe my roommate money, but i have to drive my trash car to Detroit. Now that is dedication.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

A few years back I spent 125 dollars on a ticket to game 5 vs. Nashville and we won...so lets hope the trend continues, since that was the last time the wings won a playoff series. Not only do i owe my roommate money, but i have to drive my trash car to Detroit. Now that is dedication.

WICKED! i was there too, I actually came to the Nashville game with Steve Sullivan's (Predator) parents. They were awesome people, and it was a great night! (his dad was wearing steve's memorial cup champ ring for good luck)

Edited by Wingsor

I'll be there. I'll be in the nosebleeds, but I'll be there... they were the only seats I could afford, because I am in college and I don't have a job yet for the summer. :D

Right on, Go Wings!