• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Must Kill

Pre-GAME 4: (4/19) Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 PM EDT

Rate this topic

True, but Flips and Huds were getting barely any ice time in games 1 and 2 and had, I believe, 4 points between them. So, it's not necessarily about ice time.

My lines:

Datsyuk - Homer - Flip

Calder - Lang - Huds

Bert - Z - Franzen

Cleary - Draper - Malts

Those are really good lines too. I like the idea of Bert-Z-Mule together!

As I'm sure everyone has been saying, we need to take the early lead and hold on for the ride.

Last game was so disappointing because not only did we take a lead, it was such a game changing play by Cleary, and we still just couldn't hang on.

We need to shut down the game tonight.

I totally disagree. The Wings tried to "shut the game down" in Game 3. The only thing that achieved, was to give the initiative to the Flames, and have no sustained pressure/puck posession for the Wings. We need to get back to the same tactics that worked in the first two games. Use superior team speed and team movement to outskate and outwork the Flames. Not seat back with 3 players on our blue line at all times.

Edited by sibiriak

Zetts on the 3rd line! :crazy::lol:

Jen just put him and Bert there due to the fact that they both just came back from really bad injuries. She's right in that they both need a little rest and to not play so much. Slowly but surely, Z will make his way to the top. Bert, too. I agree with her, but Babs is doing a whole nother thing. Haha

My take on game 4:

First off the Flames are insanely lucky they're not down 3-0 in this series. With the onslaught of weak/phantom calls against us in the third disrupting any momentum we tried to muster. Mark Giordano, the PP stand in for Phaneuf being temporarily out of service due to a Cleary, hitting a deflected shot into the net to tie the game up. Then Iginla for the first time in the series getting the best of Lidstrom for the game winner, a goal Hasek by all means should have stopped and 9 times out of ten would have. Seemed that the stars were perfectly aligned for the Flames.

That one lose wasn't much of a concern for me, however what is a major worry for me is that the Flames have gotten better every game. That trend keeps up and they'll win tonight's game as well as the series. Had this been any year in the past I'd be genuinely worried and would likely say the Flames will win tonight and close out the series in 6. But This year's team I really think is different. Sure the Flames are getting better but we've a whole other echelon we've yet to hit and as much as the Flames can improve we can as well.

I see us regrouping tonight and rather than limping in, we'll play with as much emotion as we did in the previous 2 games, score first and hold. We won't have to waste time on the PP breaking Bertuzzi back into the line-up and he won't let people knock into him like he did, not too mention he'll play real minutes. Hasek's gonna rally like a man on fire after letting that softie go. Lidstrom made his 1 mistake in a thousand plays quota last night and I doubt he'll be doing it again for awhile. Zetterberg's scoring touch is gonna be rekindled. Also Lang might even show, hell Lilja has even elevated his game, no idea why Lang can't repeat his past playoff heroics. Mix all of those elements into how dominant our depth guys like Draper and Cleary have been and there's no reason we can't bounce back.

I said we'd split the series in Calgary and I'm sticking to that.

No score prediction, just 60 solid minutes, a better power play and suffocating defense.

Edited by Vincanni

My take on game 4:

First off the Flames are insanely lucky they're not down 3-0 in this series. With the onslaught of weak/phantom calls against us in the third disrupting any momentum we tried to muster. Mark Giordano, the PP stand in for Phaneuf being temporarily out of service due to a Cleary, hitting a deflected shot into the net to tie the game up. Then Iginla for the first time in the series getting the best of Lidstrom for the game winner, a goal Hasek by all means should have stopped and 9 times out of ten would have. Seemed that the Stars were perfectly aligned for the Flames.

That one lose wasn't much of a concern for me, however what is a major worry for me is that the Flames have gotten better every game. That trend keeps up and they'll win tonight's game as well as the series. Had this been any here in the past I'd be genuinely worried and would likely say the Flames will win tonight and close out the series in 6. But This year's team I really think is different. Sure the Flames are getting better but we've a whole other echelon we've yet to hit and as much as the Flames can improve we can as well if not more.

I see us regrouping tonight and rather than limping in, we'll play with as much emotion as we did in the previous 2 games, score first and hold. We won't have to waste time on the PP breaking Bertuzzi back into the line and and he won't let people knock into him like he did, not too mention he'll play real minutes. Hasek's gonna rally like a man on fire afetr letting that spoftie go. Lidstrom made his 1 mistake in a thousand plays quota last night and I doubt he'll be doing it again for awhile. Zetterberg's scoring touch is gonna be rekindled. Also Lang might even show, hell Lilja has even elevated his game, no idea why Lang can't repeat his past playoff heroics. Mix all of those elements into how dominant our depth guys like Draper and Cleary have been and there's no reason we can't bounce back.

I said we'd split the series in Calgary and I'm sticking to that.

No score prediction, just 60 solid minutes, a better power play and suffocating defense.

My thoughts exactly!!

Wooo I can watch the game tonight!!

Can't watch Game 5 though :( I'll be at work all day

That brutal. You are going to me the series finale. Though whats with the another day time game for #5?

I'm lucky, I bartend, so even if I am working, I generally can have the game on.

Well according to the Freep these are the lines Babs had practicing together this morning;

Dats-Zetter-Homer

Bert-Lang-Mule

Malts-Drapes-Cleary

Sammy-Flip-Calder

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see them posted on the previous page.

Edited by johnnyoski

Well according to the Freep these are the lines Babs had practicing together this morning;

Dats-Zetter-Homer

Bert-Lang-Mule

Malts-Drapes-Cleary

Sammy-Flip-Calder

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see them posted on the previous page.

Those are line combinations I could totally dig! :D

Sammy-Flip-Calder

Heh I feel sorry for Flip, no offense to Calder but this line doesnt seem like it will click

To me, it looks almost like a try-out line. If we lose (which I am praying that won't happen), one of those three will be out and Hudler will be in (although I doubt it would be flip). So you know all three will be working their asses of tonight.

First goal of this game will be EXTREMELY important. Gotta grab the first goal, and grab it early.

I wasn't pleased that we didnt score in the first last game, but I was happy that we survived the first with Clagray havin' that boost from their home crowd. Though, tonight, I would love to see Detroit get a goal in the first 5 minutes. And honestly, I dont care how it comes, but I would love it to be Bert. And I would love it to be similar to the one Calder scored at the end of the regular season, big hit work to the net and score!

I'm feeling good about tonights game. Calgary can't play any better than they did in game 3, so if we limit our stupid turn overs I think we have too much fire power for the Calgary Orginization. Come on on Refs!!!

3 wings

0 flames

Homer, Shnides, The Bear