• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
davk912

Detroit News article 2nd line not so fine

Rate this topic

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...S0103/704190354

Just curious to get you guys' thoughts maybe this is the smack in the back of the head Babcock needs How popular is the Detroit News in Calgary?

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...S0103/704190354

Just curious to get you guys' thoughts maybe this is the smack in the back of the head Babcock needs How popular is the Detroit News in Calgary?

GGGGGGGG'S babcock is so #$%#% stupid he says lang and sammy are important and can dominate but they have no drive(balls if u will) what so ever to be dominant Why cant he see this?????WTF

Edited by davk912

Holy f'n hell that thing was butchered....

The line had one shot (Lang) and wasn't weren't active physically (one hit, Lang).

Whether they remain the line stays intact remains to be seen. There's a good chance Todd Bertuzzi could replace Samuelsson, either shifting Samuelsson to the fourth line (with Valtteri Filppula and Johan Franzen) or scratching him could be scratched (in favor of Jiri Hudler).

Yeeesh!

Guest LivingtheDream

Holy f'n hell that thing was butchered....

Yeeesh!

They sure did make so many errors typos there were plenty and statements repeated repeating as if someone wrote it twice writing a second time keeping both version two things in the same sentence reading it twice was werid.

The article was written by Robert Lang.

Seriously, though, it's about time I read something like this... I couldn't understand why Babs and the Detroit FP have such a hard-on for Bobby Lang. He needs to step it up.

I would love nothing more than to see Franzenstein, Flip and Hoodlum replace the 2nd line.

The article was written by Robert Lang.

Seriously, though, it's about time I read something like this... I couldn't understand why Babs and the Detroit FP have such a hard-on for Bobby Lang. He needs to step it up.

I would love nothing more than to see Franzenstein, Flip and Hoodlum replace the 2nd line.

I agree. It's nice to see Bab's calling out Lang. Just the right amount too.

I agree. It's nice to see Bab's calling out Lang. Just the right amount too.

I hope that helps. But if Lang puts out the same effort tonight as he did Tuesday I think it's time to sit him or at the very least move Zetts to centre the 2nd line and put Lang on the 4th line. If Sammy doesn't do anything then we need to put Hudler back in the lineup.

You'd think that Lang, all be it, would at least be playing well so he can get a good contract on another team. I mean, your kidding yourself if you think he actually wants to play here again, being that rumors persist him and Babcock don't get along.

Samulesson is a tough situation. We're basically stuck with him like 2 more years, so I don't know what we can do with him. It'll be hard to really trade Samulesson, unless it was for a low round draft pick or future considerations (or pucks! :hehe: ) but I don't think Holland will go for it.

I mean, your kidding yourself if you think he actually wants to play here again, being that rumors persist him and Babcock don't get along.

Worked out OK for Dats... :hehe:

They sure did make so many errors typos there were plenty and statements repeated repeating as if someone wrote it twice writing a second time keeping both version two things in the same sentence reading it twice was werid.

Mwaahahahah, you just hurt my brain :lol:

Yea its true the second line was not very productive at all Lang especially I thought was week with his slow skating and slow shot release I think we should move him down to the 4th line and Filppula up to the second for sure. And maybe even let Franzen take Samuelsson’s spot cause he was also struggling.

One thing to remember about Lang is that he had a contract from the Caps that probably underpaid him for the first 2 years and overpaid him for the last 2. I think Lang has been worth it the last couple of playoffs (shoot, he was the only guy who showed up for all the games), but he is at the end of his contract. We could just be watching the progression of a player who everyone knew would not be up to it toward the end of his contract, and what could be the end of his career as a professional hockey player.

Lang's made his money, and if he wants to retire and spend time with the fam, good for him. I just hope he doesn't "retire" while still dressing for the games.

PS. It doesn't help that he's had Mikael "I kill every play with a weak shot at the goalie's chest" Samuelsson on his line. Also, I have not been as impressed with Calder's effort, and I am of the opinion that Bert was awful in Game 3. No excuses though, Lang hasn't been good.

Edited by Turretin

LMAO! That was great!

Okay, maybe this oughta fire up Lang?

LISTEN, BOBBY LANG, I HAVE FAITH IN YOU! I REALLY DO.

You are a great player and can DOMINATE when on your game so do your thang, Langer..do it!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Well according to the Freep these are what the lines looked like during practice this morning.

Dats-Zetter-Homer

Bert-Lang-Mule

Malts-Drapes-Cleary

Sammy-Flip-Calder

Grrrr :angry: still no Rex in there. I knew it wouldn't happen but seriously, he's earned playing time. If Sammy or Lazy don't pick it up before the end of tonights game then one of them should be out. Or hell, why not both and put Langfeld in? Kid showed some heart this year.

What Babcock has determined over the years is some lines, or players, don't necessarily get going offensively right in the first round.

But, there has to be a spark.

"The best guys don't get going until the second round, but if you don't get going, you don't play," Babcock said.

Is this some thinly veiled threat? Is Babs FINALLY getting to the point where he is thinking about sitting guys that don't produce? He obviously doesn't have a problem sitting guys that DO produce (Rex).

We all think that we could do a better job than Babs. I really don't think I could- hell I know I can't, but I can certainly see when a guy is struggling and needs a bit of a wake-up call. Babs does it verbally, I give them some time to think about it (like a day off in the playoffs).

this is the single greatest sentence i have ever read in my whole life.