• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Nashville and Atlanta

Rate this topic

Atlanta are done.

Nashville, pending a miracle, are done as well.

Let's look at those trades they made:

Keith Tkachuk - aquired from St. Louis for a 1st (2207) 2nd (2008) and 3rd (2007) round pick. Plus Glen Metropolit.

Peter Forsberg - aquired for Ryan Parent (18th overall in 2005), Scottie Upshall (6th overall pick in 2002), and a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2007.

Good deals?

Atlanta will still be back. As long as they have Lehtonen, they can stay competitive.

As for the Preds. I'd still make the trade again, knowing the outcome in the end. Even though it didn't help in the playoffs, getting Forsberg pushed a lot of tickets down the stretch and generated a lot more interest in the team and a lot more exposure for the team.

Too bad none of Hossa, Kovalchuk or Kozlov showed up in the playoffs. Not that it matters, I think they were going to lose anyway.

Classic screwed up standings system that has the Rangers playing Atlanta, while Ottawa and Pittsburgh have to play each other in the first round.

And I believe back in the day (that would the trading deadline days) we were looking at, or atleast figured in the hunt, getting either one of these guys.........smart move by Holland "the Seer" or just lucky?

Not lucky. Smart. He said all along that the prices for these guys were too high. He was right. Risk > Reward.

Too bad none of Hossa, Kovalchuk or Kozlov showed up in the playoffs. Not that it matters, I think they were going to lose anyway.

Hard to blame the forwards when they had wet paper towels in net.

Edited by rick zombo

Atlanta will still be back. As long as they have Lehtonen, they can stay competitive.

I'm not saying that Atlanta won't be back but they sure did mortgage their future or so it seems for a tough first round loss.

I'm not saying that Atlanta won't be back but they sure did mortgage their future or so it seems for a tough first round loss.

They were desperate just to make the playoffs. That was a big enough goal to accomplish for them.

This might be the year that teams from the South lose their luster. Thank God. So long Nashville and Atlanta. I don't think Tampa Bay will go far either. Maybe those fans can focus on Nascar races now.

Every die-hard hockey fan who appreciates the history of the game was rooting for the NY Rangers to beat Atlanta. The NHL was cheering for the Rangers too. TV ratings will go up. Ad dollars will go up.

Then again, I am an original six snob.

This might be the year that teams from the South lose their luster. Thank God. So long Nashville and Atlanta. I don't think Tampa Bay will go far either. Maybe those fans can focus on Nascar races now.

Every die-hard hockey fan who appreciates the history of the game was rooting for the NY Rangers to beat Atlanta. The NHL was cheering for the Rangers too. TV ratings will go up. Ad dollars will go up.

San Jose / Anahiem?

Very ignorant. I'm a HUGE hockey fan, and I want nothing but for these teams to excell as much as possible. The more they excell the more of a fan base we can get. I'm sad to see Atlanta lose. (although do to NYR popularity, I'm glad they're moving on)

So by the same logic, the Sharks and the Stars don't have a place in hockey either right? I'm a die-hard hockey fan and i do appreciate the history of the game, but what you said is just plain ignorance.

Yeah Atlanta gave up a lot, but they will be back. With Lehtonen and Kovalchuk, they should be right back in the mix next year.

Nashville kinda gave up a lot IMO, but they could afford it. Forsberg is a gamble, as far as his health goes.

I think Atlanta needs to beef up on defense and consider a coaching / vision change. Despite ranking decent going into the playoffs they had the 2nd worst Penalty Kill in the regular season for playoff teams. They also had the worst Power Play percentage in the regular sason (Detroit was second) when only including teams that made the playoffs.

They may be good 5-5 but that is worthless in the playoffs. Playoffs are won with a strong PK and PP.

I think Atlanta needs to beef up on defense and consider a coaching / vision change. Despite ranking decent going into the playoffs they had the 2nd worst Penalty Kill in the regular season for playoff teams. They also had the worst Power Play percentage in the regular sason (Detroit was second) when only including teams that made the playoffs.

They may be good 5-5 but that is worthless in the playoffs. Playoffs are won with a strong PK and PP.

True on the defense.