• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakChamber

The Joe is the toughest building to play in

Rate this topic

The Hockey News did their player poll survey. I thought this was interesting

What is the toughest building to play in on the road?

1) Detroit Red Wings (41) 16.4%

2) Calgary Flames (37) 14.8%

3) Montreal Canadiens (25) 10%

4) San Jose Sharks (21) 8.4%

5) Philadelphia Flyers (14) 5.6%

6) Toronto Maple Leafs (13) 5.2%

7) Edmonton Oilers and New Jersey Devils (12) 4.8%

8) Ottawa Senators (9) 3.6%

9) Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators (7) 2.8%

10) Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers (6) 2.4%

11) Anaheim Ducks and Pittsburgh Penguins (5) 2%

12) Tampa Bay Lightning (4) 1.6%

13) Vancouver Canucks (3) 1.2%

14) Carolina Hurricanes and Washington Capitals (2) 0.8%

15) Atlanta Thrashers, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Los Angeles Kings (1) 0.4%

I know everyone likes to rip on all the suits at The Joe. I've said myself several times I think Nashville has a far better atmospher than The Joe. So what is it about The Joe that makes it so tough? I've heard the vistiors dressing room is pretty bad, but that can't be the whole story.

that or maybe teams get psyched out by the silent crowd

"Twenty thousand eyes peered silently on the ice, Passing their devious judgement upon enemy and ally alike. The Redwings were at home under this monstrous weight, but their opponents cracked slowly facing the relentless silence of the crowd and the might of the warriors donning the Red Wheel"

I would say the Joe is the toughest building to play in for opponents because of the team they have to face on the ice.

QFT...

Well hot damn!

I said this a few days ago and everyone was all "OMG NO that is so not true."

It might not be because of the fans in the regular season, but in the playoffs they are CRAZY!

Also, like someone stated already..it's gotta be the team. They are intimidating because they are so damn skilled, and great.

I swear that FSN tones down the crowd noise though with their sound equipment. I've only been to regular season games, and all three of them didn't matter. The noise was so loud though I had to plug my ears, I couldn't believe the difference between live and T.V. Night and day!

I swear that FSN tones down the crowd noise though with their sound equipment. I've only been to regular season games, and all three of them didn't matter. The noise was so loud though I had to plug my ears, I couldn't believe the difference between live and T.V. Night and day!

I think you're right... I've watched a couple games on FSN and CBC and the crowd sounds a lot louder on the CBC feed.

expanding on my earlier writing, ya know what'd be cool:

Get all the people at the joe to don red cloaks and like the old goalie masks, so the crowd would be a sea of red with blank white faces staring out at the ice and being dead silent.

expanding on my earlier writing, ya know what'd be cool:

Get all the people at the joe to don red cloaks and like the old goalie masks, so the crowd would be a sea of red with blank white faces staring out at the ice and being dead silent.

IPB Image

If any team had 19,000 people wearing these masks I would not only be intimidated I would think it was the Spanish Inquisition v2.0.

that or maybe teams get psyched out by the silent crowd

"Twenty thousand eyes peered silently on the ice, Passing their devious judgement upon enemy and ally alike. The Redwings were at home under this monstrous weight, but their opponents cracked slowly facing the relentless silence of the crowd and the might of the warriors donning the Red Wheel"

My dad was telling me that when my parents went on their honeymoon they went to see Toronto Maple Leafs game, and he said that it was VERY quiet. He said that it was almost weird how quiet they were during the game. They just would watch the game, and not say anything. This was almost 20 years ago, but still.

Edited by wingfan4ever

What’s the worst thing about your job?

14) Protein shakes, watching video, late nights, filling out forms, fighting, autographs, missed childhood, girls, money, Cam Janssen, getting yelled at, pre-game skate, coaches and being booed (1) 0.4%

:D:D:D

I wonder what smartass picked that one.

The Joe may be the toughest place to play because the arena hasn't seen a renovation of any kind until this season. The visitors dressing room is probably the size of Fraser's changing room.