• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan_54

Tonights game not shown Nationally on CBC?

Rate this topic

wow I am extremely dissapointed and pissed off over this :angry: I live in Hamilton Ont, and I wont be able to see the game because they are deciding to show the Vancouver game nationally, and only people in Windsor and Alberta will be able to watch the Detroit-Calgary game. I hope i'm wrong but if anyone knows of this please post a comment because this is stupid, Calgary and Detroit are both closer than Vancouver and they dedide to show them instead. Brutal :(

wow I am extremely dissapointed and pissed off over this :angry: I live in Hamilton Ont, and I wont be able to see the game because they are deciding to show the Vancouver game nationally, and only people in Windsor and Alberta will be able to watch the Detroit-Calgary game. I hope i'm wrong but if anyone knows of this please post a comment because this is stupid, Calgary and Detroit are both closer than Vancouver and they dedide to show them instead. Brutal :(

I was in this situation in BC the other day. It was Ottawa Pens, then straight to Vancouver. After the Nucks game ended it took me to Calgary. Not sure if you know this ... but on CBC.ca they stream the games. That was how I watched the first period and a half last game. It isn't ideal, but it is better than nothing.

Here is a link for the Canadian users: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2007/streams/

So they're gonna show the whole game on that site?! OMF if it works on my comp i'll love u guys 4ever haha I dont wanna miss this game:| but thanks I rly hope it works GO WINGS GO!!!

Yeah, it is just like on tv. Same announcers, camera angles extra. No commercials though. Just goes blank for 30 seconds. I think it does depend on computer quality for viewing quality ... but as I said, better than nothing. Glad to help. I was pretty stressed last game when I found out Detroit wouldnt be on tv, so I serached till' I came up with it.

Yeah, it is just like on tv. Same announcers, camera angles extra. No commercials though. Just goes blank for 30 seconds. I think it does depend on computer quality for viewing quality ... but as I said, better than nothing. Glad to help. I was pretty stressed last game when I found out Detroit wouldnt be on tv, so I serached till' I came up with it.

Ye I never get to see them as it is with the Make me Laughs always being on tv here so i figure playoff time theyll b on 4 sure lol but again thanks alot guys! I tried the archives from Game 3 and it worked good so the Live one should work juz as well

Yeah this sucks im in BC so i gotta watch the stupid Canucks ... but CBC has streamed some of the games online so check their site. As well http://myp2p.eu/NHL.htm broadcasts games online a lot. Just go to the forum and the thread for today in the NHL forum and people will give you a link to watch it online.

I have watched a few games using this method. The CBC feed is surprisingly fast without any lag or macro blocking. I watched the World Jr's via TSN broadband in Jan and it was horrible.

The only downside is that there are no commercials. I do not miss the commercials but I miss the noise. During breaks they just show a solid screen advertising other games. No audio at all. Very off. :)

But at least the game quality is great (even does full screen) and the commentary is the best in the business.

Yeah this sucks im in BC so i gotta watch the stupid Canucks ... but CBC has streamed some of the games online so check their site. As well http://myp2p.eu/NHL.htm broadcasts games online a lot. Just go to the forum and the thread for today in the NHL forum and people will give you a link to watch it online.

:angry: this happened last time too..

really makes sense to stream it on the net

everyone gets CBC in canada, aslong as you have a TV

why would they care if you choose to watch a different game on you computer, as long as you can't skip commercials

This suprises me. Most of time, the Canadian media has orgasims over both of the Alberta teams, and wants them on everything. CBC in particular loves the Alberta teams. I'm actually quite suprised here.

On the other side of it, from what I've seen, the Canadian media doesn't put much into the Canucks for some reason. Maybe it's because they have a lot of Swedes on their team or something, but it always seems like CBC and others don't pay attention to the Canucks quite as much as the others.

Edited by Kp-Wings