• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

California Band Wagon Fans.

Rate this topic

Oh how I love to see sticker after sticker that says "Ducks Hockey" "Ducks Fan" and all that kind of crap on the freeway and out on the streets, funny how many I've seen since the beginning of the year haha same with the Angels after they won the world series. I've always wondered if all you guys have noticed stuff like this around where you live? what makes it worse for me is that i play adult hockey at Anaheim Ice, where the ducks practice at so I see a lot of these people claiming they were duck fans since they first came to anaheim, funny thing is my bestfriend became a HUGE ducks fan...this year that is. GO WINGS!

Toronto and Montreal are pretty much the only cities that don't have an abundance of bandwagon jumpers.

Edmonton and Calgary are failry solid as well.

Remember the Joe in the 70s and early 80s? Giving away cars just to get people to show up and whatnot.

I hear you bro. I used to play at Anaheim Ice and I would always rock my Wings gear and just talk smack to anyone that would speak up. That was almost never until the Ducks swept the Wings and then the season they had last year. That's the thing about So Cal though. Everyone just roots for whoever is better or winning. When the Ducks missed the playoffs the year after going all the way to game 7 of the Cup Finals, NOBODY was rocking any Ducks gear on their person or their car.

Edmonton had its fair share of bandwagoners last season.. especially after we eliminated the Sharks in round 2. some people said that our city had the most bandwagoners but from what i'm seeing with other cities i definitely disagree.

So, uh, when the Wings car flags craze hit Detroit, round about '96 or '97, that would be nothing like what goes on in Cali, right?

Yeah, and before last year everyone was huge Tiger fans. :blush:

Toronto and Montreal are pretty much the only cities that don't have an abundance of bandwagon jumpers.

Edmonton and Calgary are failry solid as well.

Remember the Joe in the 70s and early 80s? Giving away cars just to get people to show up and whatnot.

Detroit was a very violent city then. And since there were no white people, who was going to go to downtown Detroit to a hockey game to see a bad team play?

Wings success+Safer city = more fans.

Same thing here in Pittsburgh. You don't see anything supporting the teams until playoff time. Then they deck out everything. The career office at my school even has player name and number signs plastered on the windows. It was the same thing last year with the Steelers.

I feel like most people just don't have the patience for regular seasons, but when the playoffs come they're interested all of a sudden. I'm pretty sure this happens everywhere.

I use to hate them, but now I love bandwagon fans. The more the merrier I say.

I'm trying to learn to be more positive and optimistic.

Anyway I always think of that R.E.M. song Bandwagon when ever I hear the word.

Here are the lyrics.

Come on aboard, I promise you you won't hurt the horse

We treat him well, we feed him well

There's lots of room for you on the bandwagon,

The road may be rough, the weather may forget us

But won't we all parade around and sing our songs,

A magic kingdom, open-armed

Greet us hello, bravo, name in lights

Passing on the word to fellow passengers and players, passing in,

Until you're tired looking at all the flags

And all the banners waving

This is some parade, yesiree Bob