• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Post-GAME 4: Flames 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Samuelsson and Lang need to be sat, put Hudler and Kopecky in, he's ready to go right guys?

first of all, we all know that wont happen, theres no way in hell no matter what LANG WILL NOT SIT FOR ANY GAME. but sammy better. land bertuzzi hudler would work or lang bert franz, lang bert calder even though that sucked, or hell lets go flip, bert and franzen, and have lang center line 4. but our PK is pathetic. every goal ive seen scored was scored on the PP.

first of all, we all know that wont happen, theres no way in hell no matter what LANG WILL NOT SIT FOR ANY GAME. but sammy better. land bertuzzi hudler would work or lang bert franz, lang bert calder even though that sucked, or hell lets go flip, bert and franzen, and have lang center line 4. but our PK is pathetic. every goal ive seen scored was scored on the PP.

our PP is worse than our PK

Wasn't it the Anaheim series a few years back, that the Wings won the first two, and then dropped four straight? This sh%& is looking O so familiar - outshooting the other team by a ton - the opposing goalie (for the nth year in a row) standing on his head - everybody shaking their heads at how the Wings mysteriously and suddenly suck. Now do you understand why the Joe wasn't sold out for game 1?

You may not like the outcome, but your team was in this game every step of the way. I totally admire how the Wings are playing. They just relentlessly play their game. And their game is solid. Kipper was a huge deciding factor again today and Hasek continues to look out of touch. He makes a lot of great saves, but then he does stupid stuff which has to be getting in the Wings heads. I mean he left the net with Iggy in the corner with the puck - WTF

Guest hockeygal

Well that sucked

First. we can;t blame the refs,

Wings had chances on the PP and totally sucked

The Flames PK is absolutely Steller

Kipper is a far better goalie that Dom

And this is so reminiscant of Playoffs past, when the wings get ahead 2 games in a series and blow it

And Now they have given the Flames the Confidence and momentum they need to win this Sereis

Just like when we lost on March 20 at the Dome, and then the Flames beat the Preds, and then went on the road and won 4 in a row

I am worried about this FLames team now..they are the underdogs...and they could very well win this series

The Flames want it more, and I feel a win in the Joe coming up

If only the Fans at the Joe, could get behind this team the way those crazy Flames fans do....Unbelievable how loud they get in there...even when the team gets down, they don;t stop

Well heres hoping to at least have a sell out on sunday

there isnt any excuse how bad the PP was tonight what was it 0/6 tonight,

flames proved PP goals = wins

Thats been the issue in both game in Calgary. Our special teams have killed us. The Flames have done a GREAT job maintaining the zone on there powerplays,where we get maybe two to three pass's before there clearing the zone on our powerplays.

Hasek has yet to be anything more than ozzie could be right now,or what CUJO was for us. Watching the replys you can't help but notice how lightning quick Kipper has been,and slow and sluggish Hasek has been.Our team has to play with the jump they had in the first two games at the Joe,if we want to advance pst the first round. Hasek simply can't win a game by his self like he could in 02.

My two cents:

I thought both teams played a great first period. That Hasek call was complete horses***, and it cost us a goal on the 5 on 3. Later in the game, an even worse call on Lidstrom, 5 on 3, goal. I never ***** about the refs, but they were whistle happy on both sides.

And if Hasek's stupid, STUPID play was a penalty, why isn't Kiprusoff taking a swing at Holmstrom a penalty?

The wings played like s*** in periods 2 and 3. The CBC guys said it best; they just didn't control the puck well going into the zone. (Not to mention the PP blew donkey.) But there's one thing I've noticed:

The Red Wings thrive, THRIVE on puck posession. That's why Datsyuk is so successful in their system, and Zetterberg. Then they get to the playoffs, and they listen to the media bulls*** about needing "grinders" and "hard play", which is of course true, but it seems to cause them to totally change their game plan. Dump ins where there wouldn't have been before, reckless passes, stupid shots; how many shots did we see from outside or near the top of the faceoff circles? Too many. Outshooting don't mean crap when they're weak as hell. The Wings need to make Calgary play their game, not vice versa. Show some patience like they did in games 1 and 2, where they waited on mistakes from the Flames and capitalized. YES, they needed to come out strong, no doubt, but there's a difference between coming out strong and coming out too wild.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I am sick sick SICK of Robert Lang. He just doesn't move. He gives up way too easily. I think you guys are a little hard on Sammy, he plays hard, he just can't shoot worth a damn. And don't say Lidstrom sucked. He made a few mistakes, but it's hard to QB a successful PP when your teammates can't control the damn puck.

I was seriously pissed watching this game. They just played themselves right out of it. After about the 10:00 mark in the 2nd the wings were simply not fun to watch tonight. Something needs to change.

DUDE shut up you obviously didn't watch Lang EVER. Maybe his line did something but he didn't do a dang thing but turn the puck over numerous times when Hasek was trying to empty the net

First off, don't tell her to shut up for having her opinion. Have some damn respect.

Secondly, Lang played his best game of the series so far. He made a great play/pass on the Bertuzzi goal and buzzing all night.

SAMMY was awful. I am SO freaking sick of him at the point. Are they not seeing what we are? How many times can you NOT hold in the puck at the line? He's a giveaway king, too. Enough is enough.

As for Hasek. He didn't play good either, and I for one am shocked. I am not bashing the guy but he just hasn't looked sharp at all in this series *aside from a few huge saves*.

The reffing is f-ing pathetic. I don't even want to talk about it.

Good thing this is going home. Watch this go to 7 games.

flames got lucky ..........refs are obviously biased ( id bet my money there all canadian ) ....... two 5 on 3's , our penallty killing sucks , if it wasnt for their powerplay goals the flames would be done ....sammy sucks , no way he should play next game .........calder has been playing like crap ......more filppula , and bring in hudler, zetterberg has been struggling , i think its time to split the 1st line cause except for those 2 shots by datyuk the line has done nothing offensivly , i think its pretty safe to say our best players have been .....bertuzzi , franzen , filppula , cleary and draper so we need to bring in the players that are struggling and mix it in with those guys ......maybe something like ...

franzen datsyuk bertuzzi

zetterberg lang hudler

cleary draper maltby

calder filppula holmstrom

Wasn't it the Anaheim series a few years back, that the Wings won the first two, and then dropped four straight?

This is exactly what I'm thinking of right now... it's ridiculous! I wonder who the hell put a curse on these Wings

Why not bench the entire team... They played even LESS of the 60mins than Lang... Don't by that s*** sorry!

If he is the "player" that everyone says he is, then he needs to step up and play like the "playoff player" that everyone keeps saying he is.

He looks uninterested the past two games and one big turnover stat.

BRING BACK REX!

Right now, I am just embarassed for the Wings. Where's the passion? Where's the urgency? Where's the skill? And what scares me is that Calgary now has the momentum and believes they can win this series. I just pray that their road issues continue, otherwise, this series might not end up in our favor (sorry to sound panicy, I am just frustrated & worried).

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I have never been so embarassed off the Wings PP.

or LIDSTROM

LIDSTROM SUCKED TONIGHT. <---first time ive ever said that in my life.

My humble observations

1. Playoff lady luck has switched sides for now. You have to get some lucky breaks to win, sorry but that's the ugly truth. Flames get that puck to kick off of Lilja and maybe Lebda too and deflect passed Hasek on the Conroy goal. That is luck. We had some of it in the first 2 games, now Calgary is getting some luck on their side.

2. Stop blaming the referees. The refs may be calling some chincy hooks but they're calling them against both teams. The Datsyuk hook I kinda thought "eh" was that really necessary to call a penalty, but other than that they called every player, Flame or Wing for a penalty whenever they even got close to walking that line. I'd rather the refs be consistent than be all over the place.

3. Instead of the refs, start blaming our players. Two 5 on 3 powerplays? Seriously, what are we trying to self destruct here? This aint the regular season where we can be lazy and get down by 2 only to score 3 in the 3rd period.

4. Calgary PP doing as much damage as I thought it would. Its a beast right now and our PK is looking pretty lazy.

5. Wings PP is so bad it hurts to watch. I'd almost rather not see it. If we don't score on the PP next game, kiss that game and the series goodbye.

6. Calgary is looking just like the old Calgary.....and Anaheim......and Edmonton, finishing checks, skating hard, winning races for loose pucks, blocking shots and blocking shots and blocking shots. Wings shot blocking is decreasing by the game and Flames are increasing by the game. Who wants to win more?

Calgary has all the momentum. 2 wins and they've proven to themselves they can play with and beat us. Obviously, next game is crucial. Whoever wins game 5 will win this series. This series isn't going 7 games. Whoever wins Saturday will finish off the opponent on Sunday.

Better effort needed all around.

Bright side: The Lang/Bert line finally had some success and potted 2 goals today. Now where has the Datsyuk line gone? And sorry, dogged hard work is awesome but Zetterberg needs to get on the board. He cannot go an entire playoff series without a point or goal.

Where is Calder? He hasn't been near as good as the reg. season.

Momentum all in Calgary's favor. Our boys have to seriously dig deep and find themselves fast or they'll find themselves on the losing end of this thing....again.

Guest hockeygal

You can;'t blame the refs, I seen the WINGs get away with some too.

It was actually the best reffing game so far

Dom's been average the past 2 games, and he hasn't been much better than Manny was last year.

As for Hasek. He didn't play good either, and I for one am shocked. I am not bashing the guy but he just hasn't looked sharp at all in this series *aside from a few huge saves*.

I don't see how you can fault Hasek in this game.... 2 goals on 5 on 3's, the other one changed direction and he made the saves towards the end to keep us in it....

Edited by T-Ruff

No way it was. By far the worst. Look at the 5 on 3 calls. BOTH of them and tell me how any of those were actual penatlies.

you didn't SEEN the wings get away with anything tonight, furthermore the wings got called for nothing...eg, iginla hitting hasek in the head, leading to a 5 on 3 instead of a 4 on 4 and then a short power play for us...gee then another 5 on 3, how conventient, then we even touchone of them, and its a penalty...THAT my friends is why we cant be physical in games like that, the minute the wings touch anyone we're in the box

THOSE REFS ARE THE WORST PILES OF CRAP IVE EVER SEEN, i hope theyre damn proud of themselves, frickan idiots.

That's just disgusting when you see such an obvious agenda with the reffing....

beyond words. cheapskates

with all of these weak hooking penalties getting called, im surprised the league hasnt cracked down more on embeleshments and diving. i have it when you see guys go down like nothing and the refs dont even notice.