• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Post-GAME 4: Flames 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Oi! The Lang bashing is merciless. He was one of our top 2 or 3 dudes last night. Cripes.

he was on the ice last night... go figure? :sly::D

Goalies get bumped all the time. It's about time Hasek woke up and realized that fact. Homer is one of the best in the business and he's constantly whacking Kipper with that big butt of his. Hasek was above the top of the crease and Iginla barely touched him and he reacted in an incredibly stupid manner.

Because the goalies get bumped, the refs give them a certain amount of leeway with the whack of the stick across the legs, which is what Kipper did to Homer. But, you can't reach out above the net and swing your stick in the vicinity of a player's head with a ref right there watching and get away with it. For starters, on a play like that, according to the rules you don't need to make contact for it to be a penalty. And most importantly, you don't embarrass the ref like that. Hasek gave him no choice but to make the call. If he had given Iginla a whack in the shins as he went by and hadn't flopped like a beached whale, he wouldn't have gotten a penalty. Hasek's an idiot.

No, you're an idiot. Not for the substance of what you said, but for adding on that last sentence. Apparently, either you are not smart enough to realize the affect of saying something like that, or you enjoy getting people angry. For your sake, I hope it is not the latter, because people like that have to go through life annoying everyone around them. In the future, just make your point, there is no need for false rhetoric, and all it is going to do is start a pissing match (which LGW already has enough of). I am not saying you're not welcome to post here, I am asking you to mind your manners.

Because the goalies get bumped, the refs give them a certain amount of leeway with the whack of the stick across the legs, which is what Kipper did to Homer.

What about Kipper hauling off and punching Homer? Because I thought that's what we were referring to here. The whacks of the stick are just a given - it's why Homer wears shinpads on the back of his legs.

But, you can't reach out above the net and swing your stick in the vicinity of a player's head with a ref right there watching and get away with it.

A) That wasn't what Hasek was penalized for (as far as I can tell). He was penalized for diving as a result of Iginla's elbow to his head.

B) He wasn't swinging his stick at Iginla. He was pointing at Iginla with his stick (since the catching glove and blocker don't point too well) in a "WTF ref?!" manner.

If pointing at another player who just committed an infraction is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty...

And I have a feeling that if Hasek had whacked Iginla in the shins as he went by, Iginla would have dropped in a heartbeat and Hasek would have gotten called for tripping.

Edited by edicius

What about Kipper hauling off and punching Homer? Because I thought that's what we were referring to here. The whacks of the stick are just a given - it's why Homer wears shinpads on the back of his legs.

A) That wasn't what Hasek was penalized for (as far as I can tell). He was penalized for diving as a result of Iginla's elbow to his head.

B) He wasn't swinging his stick at Iginla. He was pointing at Iginla with his stick (since the catching glove and blocker don't point too well) in a "WTF ref?!" manner.

If pointing at another player who just committed an infraction is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty ...

And I have a feeling that if Hasek had whacked Iginla in the shins as he went by, Iginla would have dropped in a heartbeat and Hasek would have gotten called for tripping. (or worse)

QFT!

No, you're an idiot. Not for the substance of what you said, but for adding on that last sentence. Apparently, either you are not smart enough to realize the affect of saying something like that, or you enjoy getting people angry. For your sake, I hope it is not the latter, because people like that have to go through life annoying everyone around them. In the future, just make your point, there is no need for false rhetoric, and all it is going to do is start a pissing match (which LGW already has enough of). I am not saying you're not welcome to post here, I am asking you to mind your manners.

:huh: People can say Lang is lazy and he sucks and a whole raft of other things but I can't state my opinion about Hasek? Even Babcock has called out Hasek for his antics.

I would have thought showing respect and manners is about respecting the opinions of the people posting on this site. I think you will be hard pressed to find any indication of me personally attacking anyone on this site. On the other hand, I need only look to your post to see you calling me an idiot and saying I'm not smart. And you're telling me to mind my manners? :crazy:

Edited by calfan

Goalies get bumped all the time. It's about time Hasek woke up and realized that fact. Homer is one of the best in the business and he's constantly whacking Kipper with that big butt of his. Hasek was above the top of the crease and Iginla barely touched him and he reacted in an incredibly stupid manner.

Because the goalies get bumped, the refs give them a certain amount of leeway with the whack of the stick across the legs, which is what Kipper did to Homer. But, you can't reach out above the net and swing your stick in the vicinity of a player's head with a ref right there watching and get away with it. For starters, on a play like that, according to the rules you don't need to make contact for it to be a penalty. And most importantly, you don't embarrass the ref like that. Hasek gave him no choice but to make the call. If he had given Iginla a whack in the shins as he went by and hadn't flopped like a beached whale, he wouldn't have gotten a penalty. Hasek's an idiot.

Iginla's bump on Hasek was the exact same type of contact Calder got called for late in game 3.

Calgary played well, Detroit didn't, Hasek shouldn't have dove on that play.

BUT if Calder get's a penaly in Game 3, then Iginla should have gone to the box along with Hasek's unsportsmanlike.

Then you have a 4-on-3, and most likely, no Calgary game winning goal.

Edited by rick zombo

If pointing at another player who just committed an infraction is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty...

sadly, that is EXACTLY what they got him for...

Detroit unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 7:16, D. Hasek served by H. Zetterberg Doesn't diving have its own call... or does that get lumped into the USC penalty?

Good thing the Refs didn't see hasek swinging his stick a Bernie in game 1... he might of received a 4min / game misconduct for aninmal brutality!

Edited by OsGOD

Detroit unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 7:16, D. Hasek served by H. Zetterberg Doesn't diving have its own call... or does that get lumped into the USC penalty?

Good thing the Refs didn't see hasek swinging his stick a Bernie in game 1... he might of received a 4min / game misconduct for aninmal brutality!

Ah, you're right...I remember initially diving was lumped in with unsportsmanlike penalties. But now that you mention it, diving is its own penalty now.

So basically, Dom got called for pointing at a player - with his stick, since as I said before, catching gloves and blockers don't point very well - who had just committed an infraction.

Oh well. What's done is done.

Alot of times, they do list diving as unsportsmanlike conduct, so I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Calder got penalized for his little graze of Kiprusoff, and because Kipper flung himself to the ice, he got the call in his favor, yet when Dom does get an elbow in the head, he gets nailed for diving. I'm tired of seeing Kipper flop to the ice or spin himself around every time a Wings player is near him, and the refs bite on it. Yet, everyone(Calgary fans) just act like he never dove to get a penalty called against the Wings. He reminds me of Roloson last year in the playoffs, always flopping himself to the ice when there's a Wing player anywhere close to him, and I hope someone does actually rail him, just to see how he likes it.

First...the positives:

How about Big Bert????!!! Man, when this guy is 100 percent healthy...wooooo look out. I still think Bert is only at 60 percent right now with the back problems and head concussion. But it was great to see him play well last night.

Draper. Kris Draper is busting his ass on every shift. Ditto for Cleary.

Filpulla. I like this kid. Keep giving him plenty of ice time and good things will happen.

And for the best part: The Wankers of Game 4:

1. Dominik Hasek. First, a stupid penalty that led to a 2-man advantage Calgary goal. Second, he gave up a soft goal that would ultimately be the difference maker in the final score.

2. Chelios. COVER YOUR MAN, CHRIS CHELIOS!!!! My God, Langkow was so wide open in front of the net...he probably thought to himself, "No...it can't be this easy!".

3. Schneider. Wow, Matthieu. You have more PIMS than points in this series. This is NOT why the Red Wings are paying you the Big Bucks.

4. Robert Lang. Absolutely useless in Game 4. Ditto for Game 3 as well. Maybe it's for Babs to put him on the 4th line becuase he absolutely sucks right now.

Whoever wins Game 5 wins the series.

Pretty shocking that it can be so close again when we’re up against the 8th seed.

Indeed,but against Avs we'd be at least 3-1 up.

Calgary's a good team & even better at the Dome.

I can't wait for Game 5 - WIN

“It’s a different year, new players, new teams and we’re not looking at previous years,” captain Nicklas Lidstrom said. “We have to come out as aggressive as we did in the first two games.”

If Lids says it, I believe him!

I'm not panicked. The Western Conf. is has been so tight this year, it's going to be tough all the way through the playoffs.

If I were to change a few things, I'd:

Bench Sammy-Start Hudler

Seperate Dats and Zetta

Play Calder with Zetta as much as possible (Calder great in the corners...Zetta great off the corners)

Play Bert with Dats as much as possible (Bert great mid-deep zone....draw traffic and creat space for Dats)

Homer moving more east-west in front of Kipper (Kippers is tall, When Homer plants himself he makes it easier to see over and around him)

So it's now down to the best of three games, in which we play two of them at home. I've thought about it pretty hard last night and this morning, but I truely believe in this team and coaching staff-unlike past years. This will be an interesting early test to see how Lids as the Captain leads this team into game 5.

Go Wings-GO!!!

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

bench lang, even sammy has some use if there is someone infront of the net to take the rebound as his shot flops off the goalies chest...

Franzen-Zeta-Homer

Flip-Dats-Bert

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Calder-Hudler-Sammy

f-you lang, if yer in the press box you'll contribute more than if your on the ice.

bench lang, even sammy has some use if there is someone infront of the net to take the rebound as his shot flops off the goalies chest...

Franzen-Zeta-Homer

Flip-Dats-Bert

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Calder-Hudler-Sammy

f-you lang, if yer in the press box you'll contribute more than if your on the ice.

Didn't Lang set up Bert's goal or did I see that wrong?

Yes he did.

Be quick Kenny,where's the new 3-year contract?

I'm not saying I want the guy for three more years.

It's just that everyone's been bitching how Lang hasn't shown up. He had a strong game last night and his nice pass directly led to the Bert goal (and I think he was going to the net on the Franzen goal).

So he starts to finally show up and people don't acknowledge it, bitching more instead.

It's just that everyone's been bitching how Lang hasn't shown up. He had a strong game last night and his nice pass directly led to the Bert goal (and I think he was going to the net on the Franzen goal).

So he starts to finally show up and people don't acknowledge it, bitching more instead.

I know.

Sorry,bad sarcasm.

:huh: People can say Lang is lazy and he sucks and a whole raft of other things but I can't state my opinion about Hasek? Even Babcock has called out Hasek for his antics.

I would have thought showing respect and manners is about respecting the opinions of the people posting on this site. I think you will be hard pressed to find any indication of me personally attacking anyone on this site. On the other hand, I need only look to your post to see you calling me an idiot and saying I'm not smart. And you're telling me to mind my manners? :crazy:

Yup.

These little things I like to call, "sarcasti-battles" do us no good.

IMO, some of us should probably wait until the emotional aftershocks of the game wear off before getting on message boards sometimes. :rolleyes:

Didn't Lang set up Bert's goal or did I see that wrong?

but HP if you read the lang bashing thread you would realize that it was a lucky pass and ANY player could make that pass (albeit they haven't).... DUH! :rolleyes:

I agree:

I don't think he has been AS bad (at least in Game 4) as people have been leading on. He was involved in both goals last night.

But at the same time he did lose the puck with the empty net, that was just plain ugly. While I don't think he should be benched, I also don't think he should be out there in clutch situations.

And I'm not sure why they have Sammy on the point. Schneider has a rocket from back there...

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

As for the refs sucking, I'll refer back to Ken and Paul since I didn't see the game.

They said the refs were, and did, call hooking very tightly both ways. The only call they really had an objection with was the one on Lidstrom, that led to the 5 on 3, that led to the GWG. That said the Wings are a team that should overcome bad calls. A team that should overcome a one-goal deficit.

That they didn't, that they dropped two games in Calgary, that I believe the Flames have a better chance at winning at the Joe than the Wings do at Saddledoom, that I have a bad feeling aboot this series now, these are the reasons why I predicted the Wings will drop this series.

I'm a Wings fan. I desperately want them to win the Cup. Now, I just don't see it happening this year.

Sorry.

I think the thing about Lang is his inconsistency -- remember with Federov that used to drive people up a wall...

On the Hasek Dive -- good call -- but Iginla did elbow him in the head -- not that hard -- but that still should be a panalty.

I thought the first period last night was the best of the series so far -- and then I thought in the second period it started to remind me of an NBA game. WHistle, whistle, whistle ;The officiating was pretty bad on both sides. Then I went to bed.

This series has been a story of special teams -- I hope they can let them play more 5 on 5....

I am not that excited about the new NHL product and I am a diehard

Can you imagine such an advantage in any other sport? 5 on 4 in basketball? 11 on 10 in football?

I know it's part of the game -- but it just seems like now that it IS the game.

On the Hasek Dive -- good call -- but Iginla did elbow him in the head -- not that hard -- but that still should be a panalty.

I thought the first period last night was the best of the series so far -- and then I thought in the second period it started to remind me of an NBA game. WHistle, whistle, whistle ;The officiating was pretty bad on both sides. Then I went to bed.

This series has been a story of special teams -- I hope they can let them play more 5 on 5....

I was under the assumption any contact with the goalie was a penalty... thus calling a dive was a BAD CALL as he was touched.

While edicus was saying he was the only one thinking Hasek was pointing him out to the refs... am i the only one to think that wasn't a dive, but a normal hasek making a save?

Edited by OsGOD

I think the thing about Lang is his inconsistency -- remember with Federov that used to drive people up a wall...

Can you imagine such an advantage in any other sport? 5 on 4 in basketball? 11 on 10 in football?

I know it's part of the game -- but it just seems like now that it IS the game.

Inconsistent might be the best way to describe Lang. I don't know if he is just a slow skater or lazy, but sometimes he looks sluggish and other times (seemingly much less often lately) he is setting up scores. Go figure

I agree with the penalty bit too. I remember when playoff hockey started the refs would let em play quite a bit more. Hopefully all the whistles taper off as the playoffs continue. It is NEVER a good thing when hockey makes you think NBA, haha.

And I hope Iginla doesn't get too deep into Hasek's head. Between the dive and fake slash he looked pretty stupid in a 10 second turn of events.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile