• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Post-GAME 4: Flames 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

The boys will come out Sat and do the business, then the real pressure

will be back on the Flames Sunday. Kipper is due a bad game, he can't keep keeping the Flames in it all the time, can he?

He did not have a good first period on Thursday at all. That is what scares me.

Regular season 2-2

Post season 2-2

Nothing different nothing gained. Wings sweep in 4 home games!

If we lose tomorrow not so good. :)

Guest Agalloch

This loss goes directly to Hasek. Hasek makes all the normal saves a goalie should, but he hasn't made any "great" saves in the last couple games that kept his team in it/saved a goal. The Conroy goal was awful, and he was the direct result of the first 5 on 3 goal.

Officiating was pretty bad, but not as bad as some make it out to be. Hasek needs to ******* step it up. Honestly, I watch Kiprusoff a lot, and I'm so jealous that Calgary has such a good goalie.

The highlight was how Bertuzzi and Chelios embraced each other after Bertuzzi's goal. That was awesome.

EDIT: Also, the Franzen - Lang - Bertuzzi line is awesome. I only wish Filppula was the center instead of Lang.

Also, Z-D-H has to be due to break out soon. Or at least get a goal.

Edited by Agalloch

Ahh.. the playoffs. Amazing how it brings out the Negative-Nancy in all of us eh? :P

Calfan/Matt/Esteef/OsGODand a couple others are the voice of reason so far in this thread. Hasek is playing average at best, getting pissed off like Calgary wanted.. that, and our ineffective powerplay are the reasons we're tied in my opinion. That's just it though, we're TIED .. Both stellar home teams.

Tell me this though LGW'ers :P ---> Out of both teams away performances, which teams was worse? Exactly - The Flames were simply horrendous @ the Joe. No, we can't expect the same lackluster performance this time, but at least the Wings were IN those two games in Calgary.

Gotta remember, they did win 30 games at home in the regular season, that is one nasty barn to play in. of course, I'll hope for some moxie out of the boys Sunday night to close the Flames out. Game 3 & 4 were nerve-wracking enough, I don't know if I can stomach a Game 7 in round one!!

Ahh.. the playoffs. Amazing how it brings out the Negative-Nancy in all of us eh? :P

Calfan/Matt/Esteef/OsGOD and a couple others are the voice of reason so far in this thread.

When a fan of our opponent is the voice of reason here, you know things have gotten bad.

It's a three game series now and we've got two at home.

Calfan/Matt/Esteef/OsGODand a couple others are the voice of reason so far in this thread. Hasek is playing average at best, getting pissed off like Calgary wanted.. that, and our ineffective powerplay are the reasons we're tied in my opinion. That's just it though, we're TIED .. Both stellar home teams.

Strike that harold... when I am the voice of reason in any thread... its down right silly.

When a fan of our opponent is the voice of reason here, you know things have gotten bad.

Good post Cov

Edited by OsGOD

hey folks time for me to throw in some post game / pre game 5 thoughts without getting totally doom and gloom.

hasek - he played right into calgary's hand especially on that unsportsmanlike call (they seem to be totally convinced hes a crazy old man who can get easily irritated)

i stated in an earlier thread before the calgary trip that was as fans should be nothing be estatic about a split - well obviously that didn't happen and it just seemed like the Flames played one level higher than the Wings both games.

bert- youre lookin a whole lot better. hes always amazing to watch when guys go to check him and they are the ones falling down.

im not totally freaking out,but im a bit concerned,

if calgary can steal game 5 by all means i think this series is over in the FLAMES hand.

Wings take care of business at home i think they'll eventually take it (meaning i wouldnt be surprised by a game 7)

game 5 could decide the series essentially.

GO WINGS!!

LETS DO THIS!

Best of 3's are always better... you get quicker results for the instant gratification crowd :thumbup: I see this one going to game 3 on tuesday.... which is actually aliright with me.

Best of 3's are always better... you get quicker results for the instant gratification crowd :thumbup: I see this one going to game 3 on tuesday.... which is actually aliright with me.

Are you speaking of Game 7? Because I will probably have a heart attack!

Are you speaking of Game 7? Because I will probably have a heart attack!

If thats what you want to call it sure... I consider it game 3 of the best of 3 in the first round ;)

Like I said... Calgary takes tomorrow's game from us and then its a whole other story. Right now they can't win here and we can't win there... so we will win it will just take the 2 homegames to do it in. Plus it does help Mr. I pad his pockets if all round go to game 7's :)

It's a three game series now and we've got two at home.

QFT, couldnt have said it better myself harold. Its bad when flames fans are telling us to clam down :lol::rolleyes:

The wings faults:

1. Power play is weak and we can't set up in their zone, let alone get a shot off.

2. Penalty killing is weak, although arguably better than the power play.

3. Dominik Hasek needs to keep his cool and play the game.

4. Robert Lang.

Every other category we are flawless. In every single game we've come out as the harder team, and we were winning the small battles 4 out of 5 times. We're throwing the body around (I've gotten quite used to hearing "Datsyuk hits whoever") and we're creating chances in front of the net. 5 on 5 our defense has been pretty solid, and I'll argue that both even strength goals Calgary scored were quite within Hasek's skills to stop, but even without him stopping those shots; thats two even strength goals in 4 games.

With that said, I'm going to go ahead an say this series is in the bag. It always has been. We just need to buckle down on our special teams and keep playing the way we've been playing.

Calgary didn't win two games. We lost two games.

I was under the assumption any contact with the goalie was a penalty... thus calling a dive was a BAD CALL as he was touched.

While edicus was saying he was the only one thinking Hasek was pointing him out to the refs... am i the only one to think that wasn't a dive, but a normal hasek making a save?

I didn't think so, but I'd have to watch the replay. I don't remember a shot coming in then.

That said, the refs are setting a really bad precedent once again. Elbow Hasek in the head? Nah, it's okay, it's just Hasek. Unofficially declares open season on him. Meanwhile at the other end of the ice, Kipper manages to sell just about every call to the refs (except his lovely pirouette when Cleary was coming in during Game 1 or 2, can't remember which). They keep preaching consistency - but all they seem to be consistent with right now are borderline hooking calls on BOTH teams.