• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TK19

Tired of poor officiating

Rate this topic

Anyone else tired of the poor officiating in this series? Can we get a real game. I mean even the games we've won the refs have been awful.

And imo the refs helped the outcome of the last 2 games. And no its not sour grapes. It might be if the Wings just flat out played bad, but we've played very well each of the last 2 games.

Tonights game was just awfully officiated. I think there were 4 straight hooking penalties. None of which actually hooked the player.

Maybe im just frustrated, but this is ridiculous.

Anyone else tired of the poor officiating in this series? Can we get a real game. I mean even the games we've won the refs have been awful.

And imo the refs helped the outcome of the last 2 games. And no its not sour grapes. It might be if the Wings just flat out played bad, but we've played very well each of the last 2 games.

Tonights game was just awfully officiated. I think there were 4 straight hooking penalties. None of which actually hooked the player.

Maybe im just frustrated, but this is ridiculous.

hardly a solid played game on detroits part... they looked like calgary in game 2 tinight... bull s*** and they need to wake the funk up real quick and win saturday or their done :crazy:

hardly a solid played game on detroits part... they looked like calgary in game 2 tinight... bull s*** and they need to wake the funk up real quick and win saturday or their done :crazy:

imo the only thing Detroit didnt play well on was the PP and PK(obviously).

Besides on the Special Teams the calgary flames have really done jack s***. Like they never get scoring chances 5 on 5 and stuff. It's just soo frustrating to watch Sammy on the point on the PP. Please HUDLER for SAMMY on saturday.

Guest LivingtheDream

Tired of fans blaming poor reffing. The Wings sucked tonight and that is why we lost.

I feel like the reffing has been brutal since the lockout. I have always had high hopes that they would stop making brutal calls come playoffs, but it just hasn't happened.

I agree. I just dont get it. I mean 3 of the 4 hooking calls the player wasnt even hooked. And on Iginla's he had one hand on stick and hardly tugging on Cheli. Should not have been a penalty. Its been brutal both ways.

To Calgary's credit they are atleast capatalizing on the awful officiating whereas the Wings are not.

Tired of fans blaming poor reffing. The Wings sucked tonight and that is why we lost.

Im not blaming the refs for the loss. I do believe they helped the outcome with some of their awful calls at awful times. The Wings didnt help the cause by playing bad on the PP and PK. But you gotta admit those calls were brutal. My cousin who was watching that 2nd period with me(who btw barely watches hockey) agreed those were brutal calls on both teams.

I'm tired of the Wings sucking. I'm tired of the Wings getting no lucky breaks. I'm tired of bad officiating. I'm tired of Jerome Iginla. I'm tired of Calgary fans. The list goes on. I honestly do not even know if I will watch Saturday's game.

I admit that I am pissed off at the refs too...but you cant blame the game on them. Maybe if Calgary had like 12 power plays and Detroit had 3...then maybe. But the bottomline is Detroit is not scoring on their PP's and Calgary is.

I'm getting sick of how different the game is played when it's the regular season and the playoffs. The NHL playoffs favor the boring 5-8 seeds that put you to sleep.

The President Trophy race is more exciting than the Stanley Cup. This season Buffalo, Detroit, Nashville, Anahiem, etc. were fighting for it. The Stanley Cup will probably come down to two boring defensive teams riding a hot goalie, like it always does. And the NHL wonders why their ratings are low. I'm almost starting to think that the Stanley Cup is overrated.

I'm not saying that because of our recent playoff struggles. Even when we won the cup we were playing boring teams like Washington and Carolina. Playoff hockey is :zzz:. Even division titles/races are getting more exciting. Those were against teams like Dallas, St. Louis, Nashville, etc..

Man I wish they would go with the top 4 teams from each Conference, like Baseball does, eliminate an entire round, and get rid of the bottom teams. I wanna see Detroit-Vancouver, Anaheim-Nashville, Buffalo-Atlanta, and NJ-Ottawa. Last year it would have been Detroit-Calgary, Dallas-Nashville, Ottawa-NJ, Carolina-Buffalo.

We're getting Detroit-Calgary now, but atleast Calgary last year won their division and wouldn't have had to face Anaheim.

Nobody in Calgary is impressed with the officiating either. I suspect we only differ in our opinions on who is actually benifiting from it. ;)

And seriously, the hooking calls need to stop, especially when the first doesnt affect the play, the next is a phantom penalty, and the third is a dive.

Guest RobertLang

They should call a penalty on the rink managers at the saddledome and joe louis- i think that is why i skate so slowly.

Guest Tunbo Batman

I'm getting sick of how different the game is played when it's the regular season and the playoffs. The NHL playoffs favor the boring 5-8 seeds that put you to sleep.

The President Trophy race is more exciting than the Stanley Cup. This season Buffalo, Detroit, Nashville, Anahiem, etc. were fighting for it. The Stanley Cup will probably come down to two boring defensive teams riding a hot goalie, like it always does. And the NHL wonders why their ratings are low. I'm almost starting to think that the Stanley Cup is overrated.

I'm not saying that because of our recent playoff struggles. Even when we won the cup we were playing boring teams like Washington and Carolina. Playoff hockey is :zzz:. Even division titles/races are getting more exciting. Those were against teams like Dallas, St. Louis, Nashville, etc..

Man I wish they would go with the top 4 teams from each Conference, like Baseball does, eliminate an entire round, and get rid of the bottom teams. I wanna see Detroit-Vancouver, Anaheim-Nashville, Buffalo-Atlanta, and NJ-Ottawa. Last year it would have been Detroit-Calgary, Dallas-Nashville, Ottawa-NJ, Carolina-Buffalo.

We're getting Detroit-Calgary now, but atleast Calgary last year won their division and wouldn't have had to face Anaheim.

QFT !!!

At last someone who noticed. Why do the attendance get lower and lower each year? Because the league and the playoffs favor boring, low-scoring snooze-fests. The most reasonable way to have better and reasonably-long playoffs would be to drp a round. Do it like in baseball where only GOOD teams make the playoffs. Of course it will never ever happen because the nhl loses so much money during the season they have to make up for it with neverending POs. They will probably ADD a round in a couple years.

Oh well, there's always those hi-flying november and december games to watch.

I know it's an old bit but you can't honestly say that the officiating was very fair last night. They called at least 4 penalties shortly after the crowd booed their ears off. It's frustrating when you can almost count on a call after the crowd boos. With that said, I agree with you about the Wings play at least in the PK and PP. They were terrible. I give credit to the Flames who took the play to them. Especially in the waning minutes of the 3rd period. The Wings could barely get out of their own zone.

The only officiating I'm upset with was the non-call on the game-winner in Game 3.

The officiating has been okay, but it's up to the Wings to skate with the Flames in order to NOT take obstruction penalties.

It is also their responsibility to capitalize on their power plays and kill penalties. End of story.

The only officiating I'm upset with was the non-call on the game-winner in Game 3.

The officiating has been okay, but it's up to the Wings to skate with the Flames in order to NOT take obstruction penalties.

It is also their responsibility to capitalize on their power plays and kill penalties. End of story.

Been okay are we watching the same game come on there is so much clutching and grab it looks like a drive in movie

They should call a penalty on the rink managers at the saddledome and joe louis- i think that is why i skate so slowly.

What did they tie anchors to your skates :D

I know it's an old bit but you can't honestly say that the officiating was very fair last night. They called at least 4 penalties shortly after the crowd booed their ears off. It's frustrating when you can almost count on a call after the crowd boos. With that said, I agree with you about the Wings play at least in the PK and PP. They were terrible. I give credit to the Flames who took the play to them. Especially in the waning minutes of the 3rd period. The Wings could barely get out of their own zone.

Well, there's definitely something to that stat they threw up on just how skewed penalty calls go towards favoring the home team, which of course they shouldn't. Wings won the first two games with some help by being on 5 on 3's, and the Flames got the same in the last two games. If it wasn't so skewed and we had a more even strength series, the Wings would be ahead just because the Flames can't seem to generate much at even strength (2 or 3 goals so far?).

There's been some sport analyst comments suggesting that since all rinks are pretty much the same, there's no such thing as home ice advantage anymore. In today's NHL playoffs, "Home ice advantage" consists of (in order of effect):

1. Considerably more calls going your way, including a much greater likelihood of getting some 5 on 3's,

2. Last line change

3. The crowd (morale boost, but also adds greatly to #1, which it shouldn't)

Luckily the Wings still have home ice, so all this will eventually play in their favor. Expect them to have more power plays than the Flames on Saturday, and vica-versa on Sunday. Wings in 7! ;)

Well, there's definitely something to that stat they threw up on just how skewed penalty calls go towards favoring the home team, which of course they shouldn't. Wings won the first two games with some help by being on 5 on 3's, and the Flames got the same in the last two games. If it wasn't so skewed and we had a more even strength series, the Wings would be ahead just because the Flames can't seem to generate much at even strength (2 or 3 goals so far?).

There's been some sport analyst comments suggesting that since all rinks are pretty much the same, there's no such thing as home ice advantage anymore. In today's NHL playoffs, "Home ice advantage" consists of (in order of effect):

1. Considerably more calls going your way, including a much greater likelihood of getting some 5 on 3's,

2. Last line change

Luckily the Wings still have home ice, so all this will eventually play in their favor. Expect them to have more power plays than the Flames on Saturday, and vica-versa on Sunday. Wings in 7! ;)

I agree that the officiating has not been good (just like all season) but it's going both ways. Poor calls and missed calls on both clubs.

But I'm sorry, it's absolutely insane to think that the refs react to appease the home crowd. I believe there is some level of bias to individual players though. Maybe bias isn't the right word. For example, Hasek's got a reputation as one who likes to draw penalties, so I've got no doubt that some refs keep an eye on him to make sure a play isn't being embellished.

2. Last line change

No, they won cuz they dominated. Only the Flames have won with the help of the refs--both game winners. SURPRISE!

But I'm sorry, it's absolutely insane to think that the refs react to appease the home crowd. I believe there is some level of bias to individual players though. Maybe bias isn't the right word. For example, Hasek's got a reputation as one who likes to draw penalties, so I've got no doubt that some refs keep an eye on him to make sure a play isn't being embellished.

It may be insane but it's funny how quite a few times the crowd thought there was a missed call and booed the ref's called a penalty within a minute or so after. It happened at least 4 times last night and 3 times the previous game.

Keep in mind that I'm not blaming our losses on the ref's but I guess my homer glasses see it one way and yours see it the other. It's a moot point nonetheless.

Edited by wingsfan75

IMO the two penalties that put the Wings in 5 on 3 situations were marginal at best. No way those calls should be made in a pivotal playoff game.

But at the same time the Wings power play flat out sucked. If you don't score any goals in the 2nd or 3rd period you aren't going to win many games.

Yeah it sucks. But everyone has to overcome it. They had a couple of chances to tie it when they got a PP, but they couldn't take advantage of those opportunities. If the PP was 15% instead of 8%, we'd be talking about trying to close this series tomorrow.