• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LivingtheDream

Babcock's coaching.

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

Blame the reffing, blame dumb penalties, blame half a team that is playing like it is the preseason, but what is Babcock doing? How is he adjusting? How is he doing anything to help this team? When a guy sits Hudler for someone like Sammy (and puts Sammy on the point in the PP), I cannot make any sense other than this - the guy is over his head. He does not know how to manage what he has.

I suppose my only satsifaction is this. If he doesn't get it together, he is history.

I believe it was his call to switch Bertuzzi and Fillpula, which resulted in both of our goals tonight, with Fillpula with a couple great chances. We outplayed Calgary tonight, the only reason they won was because of two cheap 5 on 3 penalties that they took advantage of. Us on the other hand, cant even get the puck deep into their zone, let alone a good shot on net with our power plays.

I lost confidence in Babcock when he decided to not have Yzerman out on the ice in game 6 vs the Oilers with the goalie pulled.

His whole sitting out Hudler for Samuelsson is just inexplicable.

Maybe he should give Lang EVEN MORE pp time, he's doing so well with the time that he's getting and all. Jeez..

Before game 3 began, this team could do no wrong. Then they go on the road and lose two close games to the toughest home team in the league this season, and the doom and gloom starts enveloping the forum like a virus.

Wings will win in 7, with the home team winning every game. Ordinarily, home ice means jack squat in hockey. But it makes such a huge difference for the Flames this season, for whatever reason.

Babcock is too thick-skulled. He won't make an adjustment until it's too late, just like last year. Bert/Hank/Pavel on the pp when we need a goal badly. Why the hell not? I think Bert would be inspired to play with them and would give them what they are currently being denied--a bit of time and space.

Guest LivingtheDream

I lost confidence in Babcock when he decided to not have Yzerman out on the ice in game 6 vs the Oilers with the goalie pulled.

His whole sitting out Hudler for Samuelsson is just inexplicable.

YES! I remember that with Yzerman and I commented about it right here and got slammed by a bunch of Bab lovers. Where were you man? I needed your help! :) Yzerman was the best faceoff man we had, made clutch plays for 20 years and this wanna be poseur coach sits him, one of the best players ever, on that play. It wasn't only dumb, it was disrespectful. He knew it was Yzermans last game or chance to play too. f*** him.

Babcock is too thick-skulled. He won't make an adjustment until it's too late, just like last year. Bert/Hank/Pavel on the pp when we need a goal badly. Why the hell not? I think Bert would be inspired to play with them and would give them what they are currently being denied--a bit of time and space.

Man, that is a perfect idea. Very smart. Given that, it will not happen. Remeber, this is a guy who took over a fricking year to put Hank and Pavel together!!!!

Mike signed my jersey when the Wings came to Vancouver the last time. If the Wings lose this series, can someone show me how to remove the ink off my jersey?

YES! I remember that with Yzerman and I commented about it right here and got slammed by a bunch of Bab lovers. Where were you man? I needed your help! :) Yzerman was the best faceoff man we had, made clutch plays for 20 years and this wanna be poseur coach sits him, one of the best players ever, on that play. It wasn't only dumb, it was disrespectful. He knew it was Yzermans last game or chance to play too. f*** him.

Good call....I had almost forgot about that. If hes not going to put one of the best players ever to wear the uniform for the last play of career, then hes not going to adjust a damned thing that we're complaining about up and down the forums tonight. if its game over, its his fault all the way.

Babcock did the same thing Bowman would have done. He changed the lines a lot and made Calgary adjust. We outplayed them and out chanced them. We did not get beat by Calgary we got beat by ourselves. We played horrible on the penalty kill, in the playoffs PK is all that matters.

Babcock is doing a great job with our team and he should keep doing so.

Oh and for the record I believe that Yzerman asked not to be on that famous draw, he was hurt remember.

Watching the game tonight I have no clue what this guy sees in Sammy or Lang.

Is there a reason we always seem to lose matchups and players play in positions they have no business playing?

Sammy on the point? Wha?

Lang still on the ice?

Bert on the PP?

I really think this guy has no idea.

Sammy is not good defensively and couldnt hit the net from the point to save his life.

Im so confused at this point.

And the bad penalties, cmon.

I don't think Babs is dumb, not at all. He just needs to realize that Sammy at the point is not working at ALL. Get him the heck off there and all will be well. The only reason he's putting him there is because Kronwall is out. If you really think about it, who else is he going to put out there with either Lids or Schneids? In the first unit Schneids/Lids are almost always together, but they can't be on there forever, and Markov, Cheli, Lils, or Lebs won't do it at the point..so I guess THAT is why he keeps sticking with Sammy. If Lebs had a better shot, I wouldn't mind seeing him out there.

What's wrong with Bert on the PP? He played great tonight, and that was him probably only at 80%. He's only going to get better. When on his game is meant to be on the PP, and critical situations of a game. He is a game changer, and it helps having his huge frame out there that opponents can't contain, especially in front of the net.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Watching the game tonight I have no clue what this guy sees in Sammy or Lang.

Is there a reason we always seem to lose matchups and players play in positions they have no business playing?

Sammy on the point? Wha?

Lang still on the ice?

Bert on the PP?

I really think this guy has no idea.

Sammy is not good defensively and couldnt hit the net from the point to save his life.

Im so confused at this point.

And the bad penalties, cmon.

The only reason we got him is because he beat us in the playoffs a coulpe of seasons ago , then went to the cup finals riding Giguerre and a good D.... That's about it.

Flames fan here, what happened to Lang? I remember I picked him up in my pool totally out of the blue back in 2004 in the final draft when he was in Washington and then traded to the Wings. Everybody else laughed at me and he ended up being the leading goal scorer most of that season and basically won my pool for me.

I recall he was pretty good that year in the playoffs except for the injury (broken wrist/foot?). I seem to see most Detroit fans railing against Lang this year. As for Bertuzzi on your PP, I think Bertuzzi had an excellent game and as a big body, he used to really annoy the Flames by standing in front of Kipper back when he was with the Canucks.

Edited by Hack&Lube

As for Bertuzzi on your PP, I think Bertuzzi had an excellent game and as a big body, he used to really annoy the Flames by standing in front of Kipper back when he was with the Canucks.

Exactly.

BTW, just like to make it clear that I think Babs is a hell of a coach, he's just gotta change a few things. Mainly the Sammy ordeal.

Let's give the guy some props. He changed Lang's linemates and look how that worked out for them.

Flames fan here, what happened to Lang? I remember I picked him up in my pool totally out of the blue back in 2004 in the final draft when he was in Washington and then traded to the Wings. Everybody else laughed at me and he ended up being the leading goal scorer most of that season and basically won my pool for me.

I recall he was pretty good that year in the playoffs except for the injury (broken wrist/foot?). I seem to see most Detroit fans railing against Lang this year. As for Bertuzzi on your PP, I think Bertuzzi had an excellent game and as a big body, he used to really annoy the Flames by standing in front of Kipper back when he was with the Canucks.

Bert did none of that tongiht.

As for Lang, its hard to score points when your lazy ass is in the box after taking a bad penalty.

As for him being good in the palyoffs as a Wing. Everyone here seems to think thats the case. From what I remember over the last few years, Lang was the least sucky of the wings in the playoffs. To say he was good is a stretch

Cmon Lang fans, tell us how he is so great in the playoffs. Lol.

Exactly.

BTW, just like to make it clear that I think Babs is a hell of a coach, he's just gotta change a few things. Mainly the Sammy ordeal.

Let's give the guy some props. He changed Lang's linemates and look how that worked out for them.

Babcock is a shot in the dark at best, just like most coaches in the league...You don't expect me to agree of this guy after seeing Bowman in action all those years...do you?

Bert did none of that tongiht.

As for Lang, its hard to score points when your lazy ass is in the box after taking a bad penalty.

As for him being good in the palyoffs as a Wing. Everyone here seems to think thats the case. From what I remember over the last few years, Lang was the least sucky of the wings in the playoffs. To say he was good is a stretch

Cmon Lang fans, tell us how he is so great in the playoffs. Lol.

:blink: Bertuzzi did all of that tonight.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, Lang in the past two playoff seasons did in fact play great. He was one of the few that would consistently show up.

In 6 games against the Oilers he had 3 goals and 3 assists.

In 12 games in 2004 he had 4 goals, and 5 assists.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

You think Bert has been a huge factor thus far?

I sure dont.

Lang the last two seasons was the benefactor of being on a great passing line.

Thats how he scored goals.

Lets not forget the giveaways that cost us two games last year or the piss poor defensinve play this year and the year before.

Lang is the turnover king.

You think Bert has been a huge factor thus far?

I sure dont.

Lang the last two seasons was the benefactor of being on a great passing line.

Thats how he scored goals.

Lets not forget the giveaways that cost us two games last year or the piss poor defensinve play this year and the year before.

Lang is the turnover king.

I never stated Bert has been a huge factor for us thus far, how does that even make sense if he's only played two games and just now he's starting to bring in his A game. I will however say that he's a huge part of this team and having him in the line up only makes the Wings better.

You may be right about Lang this season, but in the past playoffs he's been great and he never 'cost' them in the prior two post seasons. Saying that he was only good because he was on a passing line is far from the truth. HE was the one making the excellent plays, and on top of that scoring. 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games is pretty darn good if you ask me. Perhaps you forgot how well he played, because you are so beyond negative about everything.