• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sdwingsfan71

NO HEART

Rate this topic

You people have to come to gripes that this is not Yzerman's champs anymore; it's just the Senators team of the last 10 years or so: kings of the season, selfish old men of the playoffs.If they get out of this one in 7, There's NO WAY they'll get past the second round!

...and one more thing: there was only one Bowman in Detroit that could mix and match his way into miracol.This guy we have now can't compare to a toe nail of Bowman's!

Heart was Yzerman,Shanahan,McCarty,Kocur, not...this!

If you already know what's going to happen and that the team has no heart, don't watch the next few games then to save yourself the trouble.

I don't get why people expect the people WHO ARE PLAYING THE GAME to stay positive and come out and give it their all, when the people who are merely WATCHING the game have already given up hope.

We have the easy part...honestly.

Fake it a little.

Guest hockeygal

No.

If Hasek's healthy, he's the #1 guy, no questions asked.

I heard that Hasek didn't skate this morning......why would that be....maybe is groin is bothering him

He was very shakey looking tonight, and let in a soft goal

I heard that Hasek didn't skate this morning......why would that be....maybe is groin is bothering him

he didnt skate today cause he skated in the optional practice the day before, hes fine. Our guys on the ice should be the concentration of your concern

Because he skated the day before in a Wings optional skate. They usually don't skate two games in a row. Both days were optional, and Dom chose to go Wednesday, not Thursday. That's what I heard anyway.

If you already know what's going to happen and that the team has no heart, don't watch the next few games then to save yourself the trouble.

I wish I could do that; it's just this new trend of the past 4 years :dead wings in the playoffs, usually in the first round.

Don't get me wrong, this team has brought me a lot of exciting moments throughout the 90's all the way to the last cup in 2003.This is just not the killer instict playoff team I've grown acustomed to over the years.

As a Flames fan, I think the last thing you guys need to worry about is heart. The Wings were much stronger than Calgary tonight overall. The difference in the game was special teams, and goaltending. Kipper made the big saves when needed.

If you guys want to see an example of no heart, go watch the Flames in your PVRed copies of game 2.

Guest hockeygal

Because he skated the day before in a Wings optional skate. They usually don't skate two games in a row. Both days were optional, and Dom chose to go Wednesday, not Thursday. That's what I heard anyway.

I just thought with such an important game, that he would want to skate both days, he is getting up there in age, and it would do him good to skate everyday

I find with him, he does need to control his outburst, because that is hurting our team. He needs to stop with the "Oh wow is me attitude'..I say put Os in for game 5, I just think that the Flames team is getting into Hasek;'s head, and he doesn't perform well when he gets like that.

And he is maybe having trouble handling playoff pressure now.....I mean he hasn't been in the Playoffs since he was in ottawa, and that was awhile ago. right

Edited by hockeygal

Heart is diving to block shots, something the wings clearly do not know how to do. Calgary and it seems every other canadian team will dive head first to block a shot if they have to. Flip has heart and so does cleary. Hudler also has heart but hes still in the god damn press box.

As a Flames fan, I think the last thing you guys need to worry about is heart. The Wings were much stronger than Calgary tonight overall. The difference in the game was special teams, and goaltending. Kipper made the big saves when needed.

If you guys want to see an example of no heart, go watch the Flames in your PVRed copies of game 2.

as a flames fan, you haven't seen what this wings team is capable of... you may think we were much stronger tonight, and that may be true, but the wings usually control the game, tonight that was not the case. we could NOT set up anything, period. that is what we are all bitching about. if we don't win, people look for things to fix. i agree that last year the wings had no heart (except for Stevie, he had nothing but), but this year, only a handful of guys look like they don't care... instead the Flames have somehow figured out how to rush and frustrate us, therefore we can not set up our seemingly choreographed scoring chances. this is why it's 2-2. if the flames continue to play like this, we will see another early exit... i the flames let up just a tiny bit, bring on the Sharks.

I heart you Flames fans. You guys tell it like it is. You're 100% right, special teams was the difference and that was pretty much it. I thought Kipper was awesome, but still beatable ya know?

Actually, I do know what Detroit is capable of. I got to see games 1 and 2 on a 52" TV. ugh.

Basically, I believe we are both looking for better from our teams.

Overall, there is a reason why both teams are 4-0 at home against eachother this year. Until one of those stats changes, I see no reason why Red Wings fans are so down on your team.

Edited by Snakeeye

Flames fans here, the Wings have more tenacity, skill, and heart than the Flames. The Wings have been the better team in 3/4 games so far. They totally outshot the Flames tonight, don't worry, they'll make this a good fight. I predict 7 game series. Flames fans are still scared to death about the Flames on the road.

Edited by Hack&Lube

I'm a Flames fan and registered here in 2004, and I really can't believe what some of you guys are saying! Don't you know that you're essentially going to be playing an AHL team in games 5?

I have watched the Flames all year, and you guys really don't know how good Calgary has been at turning up the suck on the road.

You guys are pretty much guaranteed a win next game.

BTW, I agree, the reffing was horrible and the Iginla elbow which was a non-call was an embarassment.

I'm a Flames fan and registered here in 2004, and I really can't believe what some of you guys are saying! Don't you know that you're essentially going to be playing an AHL team in games 5?

I have watched the Flames all year, and you guys really don't know how good Calgary has been at turning up the suck on the road.

You guys are pretty much guaranteed a win next game.

BTW, I agree, the reffing was horrible and the Iginla elbow which was a non-call was an embarassment.

Can I trade some of the Wings fans on here for you Flames fans? Seriously. It's hilarious how Flames fans are favorin the Wings, and the Wings fans are all predicting doom.

Wings fans :thumbdown:

Flames fans :thumbup:

I'm in a GILLYFO mood.

The main difference between the Wings and Flames is that they actually know how to capitalize on their opportunities, especially on the powerplay. Calgary will drive to the net with authority and bash away until the puck is forced across the goal line, while the Wings perfer to take unscreened shots at Kiprusoff from the outside because no one has the balls to go near the net.

Having 2 or 3 players pick up their games on any given night is not good enough. Everyone on the team needs to get their s*** together and stop accepting this "losing-to-inferior-teams-that-outwork-us" bulls***, it's a humiliating repuation to have and it's infuriating to watch. I still think the Wings will take this series, but if they played like they should it would be over already.

Also, the fact that Hudler is scratched in favor of Samuelsson is enough to drive me to homicide. As much as I would miss his thrilling wrist-shot-from-the-blueline style, I think Hudler can contribute a bit more than his worthless ass.

The Wings played good in game 3 aside for some mistakes that ended up losing the game (two 5 on 3's). And as for puting Osgood in net... that would be a big mistake... I am personally impressed by Haseks play in the last three games aside from that outburst at iginla which should have been a penalty for each team. Cleary, Flippula, Bertuzzi, Datsyuk, Drapes are all playing good... if we can get our first line banging we can go right to the finals... assuming the special teams improve dramatically.. this series is ours... no question... Osgood sucks

What was with us not getting the puck in calgarys zone when hasek was pulled?!! And Langs giveaway?!!! If Lang could get his (explicit) together than that would be a killer line... bertuzzi was awesome

... assuming the special teams improve dramatically.. this series is ours... no question... Osgood sucks

Oh my. You cannot be serious right now? This about does it for me. How in the hell can Osgood get trashed and he isn't even playing?

I think I better go to sleep before this gets ugly.

Oh my. You cannot be serious right now? This about does it for me. How in the hell can Osgood get trashed and he isn't even playing?

:lol::lol: poor reem :rolleyes:

Hahaha Ozzie! :thumbup:

Can I trade some of the Wings fans on here for you Flames fans? Seriously. It's hilarious how Flames fans are favorin the Wings, and the Wings fans are all predicting doom.

Wings fans :thumbdown:

Flames fans :thumbup:

I'm in a GILLYFO mood.

I think it's a good sign of true, realistic hockey fans when the fans of both teams have equal amounts of massive distrust and fear of their own team's abilities. Good fans, unlike some other fans who only believe their teams can do no wrong. BTW, this Flames fan has no faith in the team's ability to win on the road, therefore Detroit - Ace.

Edited by Hack&Lube

I think it's a good sign of true, realistic hockey fans when the fans of both teams have equal amounts of massive distrust and fear of their own team's abilities. Good fans, unlike some other fans who only believe their teams can do no wrong.

I hope you don't think that I'm one to believe that my team can do no wrong. I'm critical on the guys as well. I'll say what I need to say such as calling players out *Sammy, Lang* and saying that their special teams MUST get going. But I will never ever count my team out after a loss or two. I'm just as scared as anyone else, but im going to stick by my team, not trash them to no end and say the series is over, when it is so far from over.