• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sdwingsfan71

NO HEART

Rate this topic

Another Flames fan here, a member since 2004....

I too am surprised at how negative you guys are. The Wings were good for periods of that game and i don't think anyone not at the game can come close to appreciating how loud and intimidating the atmosphere was at the dome - it was insane. Those last two minutes of the game where Detroit was (mostly) trapped in their own zone you could not hear yourself THINK. For two minutes the crowd was literally on their feet and screaming - EVERY single seat seemingly filled with a crazed red clad Flames fan....

The point is that 2 of 3 of the coming games are not going to be that atmosphere for the Flames.

I am going to Vegas for the weekend and i am putting my money/$100 on the Wings - put it that way!!!

(Of course Calgary's road record, Detroits home record, Detroits tendency to not lose 3 in a row very often, the bad karma of betting on your own team and the whole fact that i can swallow losing $100's if the Flames pull off the upset help too.... but the point is the same!! lol...)

Detroit has EVERY advantage in the series now.

Claeren.

The Wings played good in game 3 aside for some mistakes that ended up losing the game (two 5 on 3's). And as for puting Osgood in net... that would be a big mistake... I am personally impressed by Haseks play in the last three games aside from that outburst at iginla which should have been a penalty for each team. Cleary, Flippula, Bertuzzi, Datsyuk, Drapes are all playing good... if we can get our first line banging we can go right to the finals... assuming the special teams improve dramatically.. this series is ours... no question... Osgood sucks

What was with us not getting the puck in calgarys zone when hasek was pulled?!! And Langs giveaway?!!! If Lang could get his (explicit) together than that would be a killer line... bertuzzi was awesome

Osgood isn't even playing, why even bring him up?

I did not want to post this, but I guess I will add my two cents.

For this entire year, I have struggled with enjoying watching the Wings as much as I used to. I would watch a game, get bored do something else, whatever while the game has been on. Not every game, but most. It just seems like they have been going through the motions. They don't have to struggle to MAKE the playoffs.... I don't mean win first place in the Conference, just MAKE them. They don't have to struggle for anything. They don't have that tooth and nail claw mentality anymore???

I have been watching the Rangers. I watched them some last year, as I love Henrik.. and once Shanny was there, that was it. I saw about 85% of the games on Center Ice. They have had to fight, claw and tear their way to most wins. Even when Shanny was hurt, and the group of games that stunk happened in early spring, they still fought for what they got... sometimes a loss... They have had heart and determination.

I miss not seeing that in the Wings....

I AM ******* PISSED! Why don't our guys go down to block shots like Calgary does? Why don't we go the extra mile like that instead of standing there and letting pucks deflect off our stick or top of our skate? WTF man?

Until we are willing, including Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Lilja, Lebda, until EVERYONE is willing to put that kind of effort into trying to win a game, we are not going anywhere in the playoffs.

I"M PISSED! COME ON f***IN RED WINGS. I don't watch every game throughout the year only to have to watch this f***in s*** in the post season. If the wings were losing to the better team then that's one thing, but Calgary is a banged up piece of s*** team and we can't beat them.

And don't even get me started about the refs. Even though they have sucked ass, they haven't been bad enough that Detroit couldn't overcome it. If we can't face a little adversity in a Calgary building like that, then gimme a break, we shoulda not even been in the playoffs.

I AM ******* PISSED! Why don't our guys go down to block shots like Calgary does? Why don't we go the extra mile like that instead of standing there and letting pucks deflect off our stick or top of our skate? WTF man?

Until we are willing, including Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Lilja, Lebda, until EVERYONE is willing to put that kind of effort into trying to win a game, we are not going anywhere in the playoffs.

I"M PISSED! COME ON f***IN RED WINGS. I don't watch every game throughout the year only to have to watch this f***in s*** in the post season. If the wings were losing to the better team then that's one thing, but Calgary is a banged up piece of s*** team and we can't beat them.

And don't even get me started about the refs. Even though they have sucked ass, they haven't been bad enough that Detroit couldn't overcome it. If we can't face a little adversity in a Calgary building like that, then gimme a break, we shoulda not even been in the playoffs.

Calgary has a sick home record. Settle down.

Until the Flames prove to me that they can win on the road, there's not much need to be losing sleep or having your blood pressure boil up.

This team will lose the series if Calgary wins game 5. Calgary, despite being outplayed, has all of the momentum now. Kipper is outplaying Hasek and Detroit can point to special teams as a result of yet another "upset" if they drop Saturday's afternoon game.

Calgary has every reason to win this series now, and the schedule is just another weapon.

Oh give me a break about CALGARY's record. Now I know why calgary's record is so great, their heavily sided referees. The wings had no business losing ANY games there in this series. I'm not going to settle down. This is ridiculous, year after ******* year man. I'm sick of it. I invest too much time and emotion into this s*** and the wings are not holding up their end of the deal. It ain't like we drew a top team in the first round. This is a banged up, terrible opponent. COME ON.

We better hope that Calgary doesn't put a good road game together. I don't knwo why people think they won't. With all the momentum in their favor, I have a feeling they're going to come out hard in game 5 and if they end up stealing that, then what are you going to say next?

I've had it with this team. GET YOUR s*** TOGETHER.

This team will lose the series if Calgary wins game 5. Calgary, despite being outplayed, has all of the momentum now. Kipper is outplaying Hasek and Detroit can point to special teams as a result of yet another "upset" if they drop Saturday's afternoon game.

Calgary has every reason to win this series now, and the schedule is just another weapon.

Geezum....

Again......Calgary must prove that they can win on the road. They haven't done that so far. The schedule means very little right now.

Oh give me a break about CALGARY's record. Now I know why calgary's record is so great, their heavily sided referees. The wings had no business losing ANY games there in this series. I'm not going to settle down. This is ridiculous, year after ******* year man. I'm sick of it. I invest too much time and emotion into this s*** and the wings are not holding up their end of the deal. It ain't like we drew a top team in the first round. This is a banged up, terrible opponent. COME ON.

We better hope that Calgary doesn't put a good road game together. I don't knwo why people think they won't. With all the momentum in their favor, I have a feeling they're going to come out hard in game 5 and if they end up stealing that, then what are you going to say next?

I've had it with this team. GET YOUR s*** TOGETHER.

If you've had it, you don't have to watch then.

Geezum....

Again......Calgary must prove that they can win on the road. They haven't done that so far. The schedule means very little right now.

If you've had it, you don't have to watch then.

You're right, and I'm not going to watch game 5. I made that decision last night.

I'm tearing myself away for a game because I care too much and I'm too emotional about it right now.

Let's hope Calgary doesn't "prove it to you" that they can win on the road. This will be chance #3. Keep giving them opportunities...that's smart. Eventually they'll steal one.

I sure hope not, but i need a game off. Too many disappointments, and it's just not worht caring all season to have it fall apart to piece of s*** teams in the end like this. My God.

I am now reminded why I stopped coming to this board most of the year. While there are quite a few fans here with good knowledge and insights there are too many who simply expect the Wings to win every game they play and when they don't they are the worst team in the world. The days of the number 1 seed owning the number 8 seed are long gone. Calgary is a quality team and I had no expectations of a sweep. I was hoping for one but I knew it was a longshot.

If you actually watched the game Detroit played a very solid game. It's funny, last year everyone knocked them because they relied on special teams too much, now it's just the opposite. They have pretty much dominated in even strength situations but there special teams are garbage right now. Calgary has 2 even strength goals in 4 games. They are showing heart and overall have played better than Calgary. They just need to stop taking bad penalties (especially the penalties that lead to 5 on 3's) and they will be fine.

Honestly, I question the hockey knowledge of anyone who says that Detroit has no heart because they lost 2 games to a solid Calgary team by a total of 2 goals. The Wings are playing much better this year than they have in the last 2 playoffs and if they keep up their effort they should be fine. I will agree that they will be much better off if they shore up their special teams but IMO they can still win with the way they are playing even strength.

Holy crap most of you are reactionary. It's as if we just went down 3-1 and must win the next game on the road.

Did you have heart attacks in previous years when we had to win the last two games to advance? I though Wings fans were smarter that this.

Some people should lay off the caffine, speed, or mescaline, are whatever else has you unreasonably excited.

I just care deeply for my team, and I am not one to hold emotion back so if you don't like it you can shove it.

By saying the wings played solid, you're telling me then that Calgary is as good as the wings are aren't you? I mean come on. Calgary is nowhere near the wing's caliber.

Yes it's 2-2 but it should have been 4-0. At what point do you guys start getting worried, those of you who are trying to maintain? When Calgary steals a game in Detroit, God forbid?

Just for the record, I am not panicking, I'm just royally pissed off. That's all.

Blocked shots: DET 37 CAL 41

Hits: DET 105 CAL 114

Over 4 games this difference is insignificant. Calm down. The Wings were not outplayed in the two losses. If they get any kind of PP production, they'll win in 6.

Wow, looks like the bandwagon is about to lose two of it's wheels.

Listen, I'm upset and frustrated as much as the next guy, but the fact of this series remains that the Wings cannot execute when their opportunities are given to them on a silver platter. The power play has been nothing short of atrocious and the penalty killing has been very suspect, but they are areas that can be improved upon much faster than even strength play. The Flames have 2 goals in this series at even strength...2 GOALS!

The Wings know they need to be more disciplined, and they know that they need to capitalize on their chances. The fact remains that if the Wings play their game, they won't be defeated in the even strength department, they just won't. They're giving Calgary too many easy chances to score, and spells a recipe for disaster, especially on the road. The notion of no heart and passion is laughable and makes me question just how many people on this board are true Red Wings fans, or just affiliate themselves with a winning team.

Mark my words, they will win Game 5. If they have another monumental collapse, then there needs to be heads taken on both the organizational level and team level, but I firmly believe it will not reach that point.

This team has been in this situation before, '03 vs. Nashville was no different and the Wings won in 6. If the guys are made of what we think they are, this series will over Sunday night.

Edited by jpfalcon09

I too am surprised at how negative you guys are. The Wings were good for periods of that game and i don't think anyone not at the game can come close to appreciating how loud and intimidating the atmosphere was at the dome - it was insane. Those last two minutes of the game where Detroit was (mostly) trapped in their own zone you could not hear yourself THINK. For two minutes the crowd was literally on their feet and screaming - EVERY single seat seemingly filled with a crazed red clad Flames fan....

I don't know if I can speak for everyone else, but I can speak for myself.

Before this series began, I wasn't very optimistic. I've come to expect the early round meltdowns by the Wings now and wasn't getting my hopes up again. In our playoff predictions thread and my blog, I picked the Flames in six.

Then Games 1 and 2 happened. And they got my hopes up. I was feeling good about Red Wings playoff hockey again.

Then Games 3 and 4 happened. And suddenly, I was beginning to flashback to '03, '04 and '06. My initial pessimism overtook my newfound optimism.

"God damn it, it's happening AGAIN."

Now, I'm not going to say something ridiculous like, "I'm never going to watch hockey again if they lose this series!" But year after year, with expectations always so high and results always so lacking...it just f@#%ing HURTS as a diehard Red Wings fan.

I'm not being negative due to mob mentality or anything like that. I'm negative because I've seen this before and I already know what to expect...and I think I'm trying to psychologically brace myself for another letdown.

Can the Wings win this series? Of course. It's only tied 2-2.

WILL the Wings win this series? My gut keeps reminding me of '03, '04, '06...

This team has been in this situation before, '03 vs. Nashville was no different and the Wings won in 6. If the guys are made of what we think they are, this series will over Sunday night.

*psst* '04.

'03 was an more embarassing disaster. :P

EDIT: Clarity...I'm obviously flustered. <_<

Edited by edicius

I know the easiest thing to do right now is blame the refs, Lang, and Sammy. But lets be honest, the reason we are now 2-2 and will probably end up losing this series is the same reason as last year. No heart and no intensity. I admit Lang is probably the biggest offender. But most of our star players coast around and show no intensity. Just sit back and watch the Flames intensity versus ours. There is no match.

I think the Pengrowth fans help as well....Our building is full of seating for business and frankly people who could care less about the Red Wings winning or not. The crowd is a big reason Calgary fights so hard at home.

Our PP is sucking (we're at 6.5% thru the series), but the real reason why we lost last night is because of stupid penalties.

We had 3 hooking penalties last night. The one on Lidstrom was a crap call, but generally if you are hooking someone it's because you are playing lazy or you are out of position.

When you give a team a 5 on 3 chance, no, make that TWO 5 on 3 chances, they are going to score.

I don't care who is in net or what team we are playing, they will score on a 5 on 3, so it isn't really our PK that is the problem, we are stopping their power play, but they essentially scored twice on 5 on 3s and that killed us.

Wings, start working your asses off and stop taking hooking penalties and we will be fine.

I don't get why people expect the people WHO ARE PLAYING THE GAME to stay positive and come out and give it their all, when the people who are merely WATCHING the game have already given up hope.

We have the easy part...honestly.

Fake it a little.

Exactly, the fans at the Joe can't even wear a freaking red t-shirt or something. They have to have commericals to remind them to show up with some spirt.

just thought id put my 2 cents in as well... to say this team has no heart is just stupid...they have pretty much outplayed the flames every game..with the exception of some mental relapses, this series should and would be over. the power play is worthless right now!!! sammy on the point is one of the lamest things i have seen. put lebda on the point in place of sammy for one , maybe then the pp will get rolling . sammy just doesnt think before he shoots, maybe he should be a cop ??? at least lebda will get the shot on net instead of some useless wrister....another thing remember back in 02 ???? first round vs the nucks ???????? wings lost the first 2 at home , then came back to win 6 straight i believe. and who was in net then ????????thats right dom !!!!! i have all the faith in the world that the wings will win this series ....a lot of you are looking at the past few years and i understand that .....just getting this way after losing to a team that had the BEST HOME RECORD in the regular season is stupid . if we are all true wings fans , then i think we should support them no matter whats happens .......i too am very upset at the fact that they had calgary right where they wanted them , but couldnt get the job done ..oh well , it happens .....now it is a best of 3 series , and i am confident the wings can pull it off ...... lets wait to see what happens over the weekend ....i for one think the wings win the series on sunday night ...the first time dom plays back to back games , cuz that is something they say cant be done right ???? just like all the commentators said at the beginning of the season , the red wings wont make the playoffs .........you all do remember them saying this team had no chance dont you ........so come on everyone keep your heads up , and your wing gear on ..no one said it was going to be easy , and as someone else said on this board somewhere , you cant go 16 and 0 .........that would be nice , but i dont think it will ever happen ..........games 5 and 6 go wings go

I don't know if I can speak for everyone else, but I can speak for myself.

Before this series began, I wasn't very optimistic. I've come to expect the early round meltdowns by the Wings now and wasn't getting my hopes up again. In our playoff predictions thread and my blog, I picked the Flames in six.

Then Games 1 and 2 happened. And they got my hopes up. I was feeling good about Red Wings playoff hockey again.

Then Games 3 and 4 happened. And suddenly, I was beginning to flashback to '03, '04 and '06. My initial pessimism overtook my newfound optimism.

"God damn it, it's happening AGAIN."

Now, I'm not going to say something ridiculous like, "I'm never going to watch hockey again if they lose this series!" But year after year, with expectations always so high and results always so lacking...it just f@#%ing HURTS as a diehard Red Wings fan.

I'm not being negative due to mob mentality or anything like that. I'm negative because I've seen this before and I already know what to expect...and I think I'm trying to psychologically brace myself for another letdown.

Can the Wings win this series? Of course. It's only tied 2-2.

WILL the Wings win this series? My gut keeps reminding me of '03, '04, '06...

*psst* '04.

'03 was an more embarassing disaster. :P

EDIT: Clarity...I'm obviously flustered. <_<

Thank you! I put into words everything I was feeling this WHOLE year about the Wings. I love them. I have felt really guilty about becoming as passionate about the Rangers as I have been, but I think that it is because I have been let down by the Wings in the playoffs by early exits. It is more exciting to route for a team that is CLAWING its way in and CLAWING to win games. I think that the Wings played very well the first two games, and they played ok second period yesterday. I did not watch the end of the game, as I had to get up too early today. I just hope they get that intensity back. If they don't, they are done.

we had all the momentum going into game 3 and look how much that helped, seriously