• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheelin06

Time warp: 2001, wings lose in 6, give up 2-0 lead

Rate this topic

I will call it now. This series is over. It's 2001 against LA all over again.

What a joke, I don't know why we all watch them all season when they roll over in the playoffs. Think about it, other than 2002, we've been horrible in the playoffs this decade.

Also, before the playoffs, CBC poll said wings were the most likely to be upset in round 1. Looks like they were right.

I love this team, but I'm sick of getting my heart broken.

I'm not going to stop. we don't miss shanahan or yzerman becuase we did this when they were here too.

There's something greater here, whether it's a curse or psychological, it's bad.

Wings lose in 6, I refuse to be that oblivious fan who thinks all will be ok, they wings haven't proven anything in recent memory that they will pull this out.

Those of you giving up on the Wings already should really be ashamed of yourselves. :thumbdown:

At the same time, I'd like to mention how stupid certain people were (not you HC) for writing this series off as a sweep after Games 1 and 2. You'd think we'd know better than that, but this year's team is once again proving to us just how quickly things change.

Try to keep in mind we blew a two game lead to the Preds in '04 before eventually winning the series. But the contrast in our play at home and on the road in this series has been absolutely astounding.

I'm not going to stop. we don't miss shanahan or yzerman becuase we did this when they were here too.

What's pathetic is that you didn't even catch the sarcasm in my post.

You remember that 2001 series, right? Yzerman went down with the knee injury that would eventually cause it's steady deterioration made so memorable in the 2002 Cup run, and Shanahan had his foot broken while diving to block a shot in Game 2. Both were out with injuries from Game 3 on...

But you remembered that, right?

After we dominated two games everyone was calling for a sweep. Now Calgary wins two really tight games and it's the end of the world. Chill the f*** out. It's amazing how quickly our fans change their minds.

I want to know objectively why we should feel positive that we will win this series.

Am I the only one that see's nothing positive heading forward?

Gee, I don't know... Home ice advantage? Calgary sucks on the road? The Wings have owned Calgary 5-on-5? Regehr is, in all likelihood, out for the rest of the series? Bertuzzi has shown he can contribute? The second line finally woke up?

Basically, if the Wings can get their damn special teams in some semblence of order -- hell, I'd take AVERAGE play from them instead of the horror show of the first four games -- they'll win this series.

Im' glad the majority of fans in this thread have their jolly caps on becuase I think it's unbelievable that have faithi n this team given their track record the last 8 seasons. 1 cup and soon to be 7 tanked seasons. Embarassing.

And you wonder why people aren't coming out to games other than high prices....

1. Wings aren't even trailing in the series.

2. Calgary has yet to prove that they can win on the road.

So everybody, let's sit down and shut the f**k up.

You make a very strong case SWF, but it's unreasonable to expect any of us to be pleased after what happened tonight.

We have some pathetic wings fans on this forum.

We have lead the series the entire way. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Hell, 90% of you predicted a wings win in 6 or 7 games anyway, why the hell are you surprised and scared? The series is EVEN. EEEEVVVEEENNN. That means there is no advantage either way. If anything the advantage goes to us because we have the next home game, something the Flames have sucked at far more than we have.

So everyone just calm down and quit it with the 'Wings can't win any game after game 2, were doomed' bulls***

I seem to remember pointing out the 2001 LA series when we were up 2-0. And I seem to remember being asked why I couldn't just stop being a wet blanket and let people enjoy the moment. Now we have people pointing out some very pertinent facts and they're being told to stop being such a Pollyanna.

Now it seems I need to point out the '02 Vancouver series (though this isn't exactly the same.) Has it ever occurred to people that the playoffs are a marathon not a sprint and that an even keel is best? Game 2 was too early to gloat and Game 4 is too early to panic. You may panic if we lose Game 5 at the Joe, where, I might add, the Flames have shown absolutely no signs of life at all.

You make a very strong case SWF, but it's unreasonable to expect any of us to be pleased after what happened tonight.

I'm not that pleased either, but I also have a clear head and am sensible enough to realize without getting all irked that

(1) Calgary is good at home

(2) The Wings PP is struggling

but...

(3) Calgary isn't that good on the road.

If the Wings floop up game 5, then I'll panic. I see no absolute doom-and-gloom scenario of that happening though. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but sheesh, it's not like Calgary is a just impossible to beat team on the road, and it's not like the WIngs have just been downright awful either. I'm just going to chill until Saturday, then either get really excited or worried...