• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheelin06

Time warp: 2001, wings lose in 6, give up 2-0 lead

Rate this topic

Im' glad the majority of fans in this thread have their jolly caps on becuase I think it's unbelievable that have faithi n this team given their track record the last 8 seasons. 1 cup and soon to be 7 tanked seasons. Embarassing.

And you wonder why people aren't coming out to games other than high prices....

I have an idea! Since you love to ***** SO very much about them and see this series going downhill, I suggest you don't watch anymore.

Then AFTER they win the series, come back and cheer them on because that's what fair weather fans do.

I want to know objectively why we should feel positive that we will win this series.

Am I the only one that see's nothing positive heading forward?

Yes. Yes, I'd have to say you are. Will we be seeing you for Round 2 if the Wings win the series then?

You can only judge a book by it's cover, and right now our cover says "sucks" in the worst way. I predicted the wings in 6, I was faithful, but I get so mad beyond words to watch this team all season just to see them roll over year after year in round 1 in multiple fashions. I don't get how I am the only one who is this passionately upset by this franchise in recent years. It makes you feel liek you wasted your time and money to see the team curl up in the corner when things get "intense"

These guys need to step up, change the mentality of this team becuase it's horrible, abosultely horrible right now.

(3) Calgary isn't that good on the road.

True, but I'd imagine the Flames might just have a little bit of momentum going into Game 5. And in the post-season, regular season trends like home and road records often don't remain the same.

You can only judge a book by it's cover, and right now our cover says "sucks" in the worst way. I predicted the wings in 6, I was faithful, but I get so mad beyond words to watch this team all season just to see them roll over year after year in round 1 in multiple fashions. I don't get how I am the only one who is this passionately upset by this franchise in recent years. It makes you feel liek you wasted your time and money to see the team curl up in the corner when things get "intense"

These guys need to step up, change the mentality of this team becuase it's horrible, abosultely horrible right now.

We're frustrated, but we also realize that the series isn't decided yet and we're not waving red flags. Don't take this stuff too seriously. Just go to bed, settle down and get some sleep, and realize there's still a few games left to be plyed.

Just becuase i think we will lose doesn't mean I don't want to see them win or will stop watching. It's the emptiness after losing another 1st round series that I can't bear again. You all are telling me you dread that feeling of pain and disapointment? Just becuase I'm down on this team doesn't mean I'm fair weathered, it just means I have lost faith based solely on what I've seen on the ice in recent memory. If anyone can tell me based on recent history I shouldn't feel this way, please, rationalize it.

True, but I'd imagine the Flames might just have a little bit of momentum going into Game 5. And in the post-season, regular season trends like home and road records often don't remain the same.

So they have momentum...Of course it probably helps...to an extent...

I'm not discounting it, but it's overhyped IMO.

All it takes is one goofy bounce or a 5-on-3 the Wings way and the series could flip back in their favor. It hasn't happened the last 2 games, we all might think it NEVER happens b/c of these last two games and us being emotionally out of whack but...

You just never know.

Throw momentum out the window b/c it's not like the Wings have just been flat out awful out there.

Well, the Wings had all the momentum in the world going into Calgary and it didn't do much.

Well, the Wings had all the momentum in the world going into Calgary and it didn't do much.

excellent point

those of you who cant bear the wings not winning the series already, how do you think the wings fans felt for years until 1997?

I guess that's what's so disappointing about dropping two in Calgary.

I think the back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday really do benefit a team like the Flames. But if the Wings have any dignity or pride left, they'll come out hard in Game 5.

i'll take common phrases for 100, alex.

plenty of people are upset, make no mistake, but it's not going to do any good to freak out and ***** online about it. for the life of me, i'll never understand how people can freak out over one game that clearly the wings played horribly in, yet were still in the game. it was lost on two 5-on-3 goals for crying out loud. with some better special teams (as pointed out by nearly everyone), the wings would've had that game. calm the hell down, seriously. it's a best of 3, and there's still two games at home. the wings are far from out of it right now.

This is why there's so many Wings fans...if you can't stand an awesome team who wins all year long dropping one or two games, you definitely can't be a fan of like 4/5ths of the other teams in the league.

I am a bit concerned, but I still think the Wings win this series, mainly because of the home ice. Detroit dominated at home, and even though Calgary won both of their home games, they didn't exactly run away with the games. The Wings could have swept this one. Games 3 and 4 were both 3-2 Flames victories. I think we're in good shape. We were up 2-0 on Nashville in 2004 and they tied it up and then we won two straight. We'll be fine.

did you notice the return of the 2006 playoff team this game, outside of the horrid officiatiing?

I, for one, did. I saw many of the same tendencies and habits come to light. What does this mean? I don't know yet.

Are there problems that need addressed? Yes. I think the people who are saying "Awww...we're fine!" are wrong, because there are some serious problems that need addressed. If you're already calling this "2001 Part Deux", you're also wrong, as of tonight, because it's too early to say this team is down and out. I guess we can all say "have faith" to a point, but I think it's almost certain that the winner of Game 5 wins the series and nothing else but the outcome of Game 5 really matters.

The only question worth asking is which Red Wings team will show up in Game 5. If the Red Wings play poorly on special teams again, and give up tons of quality scoring chances again, and lose again...then I think they lose in 6. If the Wings win Game 5, I think they win in 7. Regardless, I think the Wings lose Game 6...there just seems to be something about the Flames at home (especially in the playoffs). The key is for the Wings to ensure that Game 6 isn't decisive...and that means win Game 5.

did you notice the return of the 2006 playoff team this game, outside of the horrid officiatiing?

I'm with you all the way Winged; This is where the luck always turns ;the skill is there but the energy has not , for a few years now.Did you see Flames players sacrificing the body on that last power play? I remember when WE used to do that...