• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Calgary Wings Fan

Optimistic Thread....Series is Tied ! Were not out

Rate this topic

C'mon Wings fans, we just lost to the best home team in the league twice at home. Some people on here make it sound like we just lost to a s***ty team and we played horrible. The Flames had two 5-3 goals, well one the 1st penalty just ended but still. There has been players with off games and players with good games. This is in fact the playoffs, not everyone is gonna be dominant every night. I am absolutely shocked at how spoiled we have become as Wings fans. Yes we have had some tough playoff exits lately, but so have a ton of other teams. This Flames team is possibly one of the best eight seeds ever. Yes we lost to the Oilers but they won the West its not like they got swept the next round. Jesus guys two loses in arguably the toughest playoff rink to play in and most people are just laying on the blame. Lidstrom sucks, Zetterberg sucks jesus they are playing against Iginla's line. I know its anothe rtough loss and we ARE the better team but did you really expect the Flames to just roll over and die. Show some pride in you damn team, a loss is a loss. Its far from over yet. Cmon everyone lets show some backbone and stand with our team not bash the hell outta everyone, we are still in this series and still have home ice advantage. How soon we forget how bad the Flmaes were on the road...

Ok, I have seen one positive thing....

Flip is freaking awesome! This kid is really playing, and is showing why he deserves an even bigger role next year.

Flip has been incredible. True talent will come from this guy, works hard, is skilled, and has a big heart!

Markov on the other end of the ice is playing fantastic as well

Had to expect this to an extent people...

Losing the lead in game 3 was frustrating, yes, but this is the best home team in the league the Wings are playing. They got the job done just enough...

Disappointed that they aren't up 3-1? Of course. Am I surprised? No. Just look at my last sentence above why, and that the Wings have been on both sides of the spectrum with 2-0 leads in the playoffs.

I won't be surprised, based on that, if they get eliminated, but I'm cautiously optimistic as well and am not going to act shocked if they advance.

(1) Calgary isn't that great on the road.

(2) Wings are good at home.

(3) Calgary has to win at least 1 on the road.

(4) Momentum is important, but overrated in sports.

Just calm down, have a few drinks tomorrow night going out, then watch game 5 Saturday and see what happens. If the WIngs goof that game up, then it's concern time.

Until then, I am realistic of what might happen, but optimistic as well. :beerbuddy:

I support this thread!

Hank will show up guys, and Dats broke his Playoff slump already. Bert was looking good and Hasek is capable of stealing a game. We dominated them the first 2 games and they squeaked out a couple wins at home, its no time to be down and out on this series. Suck it up and be ready to cheer on Saturday. Forget the past, this is the future.

GO WINGS!

:thumbup:

It is okay to be frustrated, but all that total doomsday, negativity is killing me. This series is far from over with.

Agreed. It's perfectly understandable to be upset and frustrated after a loss. I put my head down the second the final horn went off tonight and didn't talk to anyone around me. I get mad for about 20 minutes and then I calm down, and realize that it's FAR from over. That every home team has won their games, and that in itself is a positive!

GO WINGS!!

if i could be there to help them, i would be.

i've loved flip from the beginning of the year and i believe in him but i also believe in our top line. it's clear we need them to score to win games. come on boys, i don't want another summer of sadness here in idiot alberta! send them packing!

FINALLY! A positive thread about the Wings. :D As of now this is a 3 game series and we've got two home game's where we've been really strong all season and the Flames have struggled on the road. Hopefully we can take advantage of this fact and roll on into the next round. :thumbup:

this is what i like to see , nothin but positive !!!!!! great thread !!!!!! lets get everyone on board here ..........i think its time for hank and calder to break out , and bert will continue to get better !!!!!!! dom is going to rise to the occasion on sat and sun ....his first back to back in a very long time !!!!!! have faith all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wings in 6!!!!remember in 02 lost 2 in a row , and then went on a tear !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for making a positive thread!!!!!!!!!

this is what i like to see , nothin but positive !!!!!! great thread !!!!!! lets get everyone on board here ..........i think its time for hank and calder to break out , and bert will continue to get better !!!!!!! dom is going to rise to the occasion on sat and sun ....his first back to back in a very long time !!!!!! have faith all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wings in 6!!!!remember in 02 lost 2 in a row , and then went on a tear !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for making a positive thread!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to wish we we're playing the Flames at the joe tonight, so we could kick there ass's all the way back to Calgary. :D LET'S GO RED WINGS!