• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Calgary Wings Fan

Optimistic Thread....Series is Tied ! Were not out

Rate this topic

I lost my optimism in game 2 when the Wings lost their Drive to win. They got a goal quick, and then another quick goal on a 5-3.

Up 2-0 and couldn't bury the flames with how many more power plays? One of them being another 5-3

The fact that they coulnd't bury them in the first period made me think that they thouhgt they already had this series won. Being up 1 game to 0, and gettting the first 2 quick goals.

Sure enough, they got out with a 3-1 win, and now have lost the next 2 games.

This team lacks Passion, When the going gets tough, the wings start to make reservations at their country clubs. Ever since this team started winning cups again, they've been a bunch of prima donnas, with no passion, no drive and no desire to win. They get spoiled playing for this team and have a sense of entitlement.

That's why you see teams like Clagary, Edmonton, Minnesota Doing well, they're "Middle class" teams, and arn't afraid to go balls to the wall for what they want.

This wings team needs to get Tougher, and I'm not talking about Bertuzzi, WE need Grit and Passion like Sean Avery, We Maltby to be full of piss and vinegar like he used to be, This team will not win the cup with what it has, They need to implode and start from scratch.

Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lang are not the guy that are going to lead a team to the cup, Franzen, Samuelsson, cleary and calder arn't the secondary Scoring that's going to bring home the cup. Maltby and Draper don't have the Grit anymore to bring you to a cup.

For Bertuzzi to be effective, it needs to be HIS team. He was able to develop in Vancounve, and along with Naslund be the Face of that club. He comes to Detroit, as a Star, but this isn't HIS team, so we are not going to get the Todd Bertuzzi everybody wants. This will not be The Todd Bertuzzi from Vancouver. he's going to be a star player mixed in the shuffle, as opposed to the leader of the team that's going to bring the cup home.

We just need to fill the team with guys that would die do win. If we had 20 Tomas Holmstroms, we'd probably have to fight to get in to the playoffs, but I'd like my chances once I was there, than my chances with this team.

Go wings :(

I lost my optimism in game 2 when the Wings lost their Drive to win. They got a goal quick, and then another quick goal on a 5-3.

Up 2-0 and couldn't bury the flames with how many more power plays? One of them being another 5-3

The fact that they coulnd't bury them in the first period made me think that they thouhgt they already had this series won. Being up 1 game to 0, and gettting the first 2 quick goals.

Sure enough, they got out with a 3-1 win, and now have lost the next 2 games.

This team lacks Passion, When the going gets tough, the wings start to make reservations at their country clubs. Ever since this team started winning cups again, they've been a bunch of prima donnas, with no passion, no drive and no desire to win. They get spoiled playing for this team and have a sense of entitlement.

That's why you see teams like Clagary, Edmonton, Minnesota Doing well, they're "Middle class" teams, and arn't afraid to go balls to the wall for what they want.

This wings team needs to get Tougher, and I'm not talking about Bertuzzi, WE need Grit and Passion like Sean Avery, We Maltby to be full of piss and vinegar like he used to be, This team will not win the cup with what it has, They need to implode and start from scratch.

Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lang are not the guy that are going to lead a team to the cup, Franzen, Samuelsson, cleary and calder arn't the secondary Scoring that's going to bring home the cup. Maltby and Draper don't have the Grit anymore to bring you to a cup.

For Bertuzzi to be effective, it needs to be HIS team. He was able to develop in Vancounve, and along with Naslund be the Face of that club. He comes to Detroit, as a Star, but this isn't HIS team, so we are not going to get the Todd Bertuzzi everybody wants. This will not be The Todd Bertuzzi from Vancouver. he's going to be a star player mixed in the shuffle, as opposed to the leader of the team that's going to bring the cup home.

We just need to fill the team with guys that would die do win. If we had 20 Tomas Holmstroms, we'd probably have to fight to get in to the playoffs, but I'd like my chances once I was there, than my chances with this team.

Go wings :(

Go away :angry: , your bring me down. :( This is a POSITIVE thread. :D

Positive? Being optimistic? What's that? :P

Like others have said, calgary would have to win at least one on the road to win the series. I'm hopeful that this is an advantage that the wings have over the flames.

Some people just can't resist being a downer. I avoid those people IRL.

Best of 3 series now, and we still have home advantage. I like our chances, and look forward to this weekends game. I'll be screaming load enough at home for them to hear me at the Joe :D

Hell yeah! Bring on those Flames. They'll hear me in the joe all the way from Scotland. :D

Think positive people. :thumbup:

Hell yeah! Nice hard series to start off! Last I checked it, its 2-2 and we have two more home games in what is now a best of 3 series. The wings need a little adversity. If they can get through this they will finally be a team with a playoff mentality.

Do or Die time, I don't know about all of you, but I'm confident as hell!

Win at JLA, taste blood and finish it in Alberta!

Hell yeah! Nice hard series to start off! Last I checked it, its 2-2 and we have two more home games in what is now a best of 3 series. The wings need a little adversity. If they can get through this they will finally be a team with a playoff mentality.

Do or Die time, I don't know about all of you, but I'm confident as hell!

Win at JLA, taste blood and finish it in Alberta!

HELL YEAH! :siren::siren::siren::siren:

I'm hopeing the home ice advantage plays out in seven games. If we win in seven it will make the team realize how tough things are going to be for the rest of the play offs, and get themselves mentally adjusted to be tough and win by determination. I know they can do it, they can win it all this year.

I'm hopeing the home ice advantage plays out in seven games. If we win in seven it will make the team realize how tough things are going to be for the rest of the play offs, and get themselves mentally adjusted to be tough and win by determination. I know they can do it, they can win it all this year.

I agree, if we could just get through this series and the Wings could get there ass's into gear we could go all the way and lift lord stanley's cup high. :D I deffinetly think they are good enough. :thumbup:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

How the times have changed for the LGW second favorite whipping boy as well. Lilja has played above expectations and he hasn't made any glaring errors that i have seen yet. To be honest i was pretty worried about losing Kronwall, while it has hurt us i think Lilja has done a great job in filling in for him. So props to Lilja for not being noticeable which in his case is a good thing :D

Edit: i do realize this has increased Nick's minutes, which may be why he is struggling a little bit. Besides playing against Iginla of course

Edited by Calgary Wings Fan

I continue to believe in this team and refuse to give up hope until the final buzzer sounds and someone has won 4 games which I believe will be the guys with Winged Wheels on their chest.

PP goal = Victory

PK stop = Victory

5 on 5 = Wings Domination

You know why I love this site? I ove it becuase there is few placs you can go in the area and talk hockey or about the wings wwithout some snidde remark. I can ake it from fans whose hearts are banked this as much as me. But I just can't take anymore negative remarks from half ass fans. Fans that went to bed cuase the game was on to late watched the highlights ithe morning then prosumed the bahing of a team that they bearly know. Fans that do not know the contributions of Franzen or Hudler becuase they are not house hold names. I hate those fans. I know I am new and almost everyone has glanced right over my post but this team is my heart. They lose I have a sitty night and the next day is a low too. Not just playoff games but regular season games as well. I love this team. With that love like every marriage comes the anger and disappointment. This team is my heart.

Go Wings. I believe. Bernie believes. Do you???

Guest hockeygal

Well, an article about our Dom,. But I have to agree with it. Maybe playoff pressure is too much for him to handle anymore..Should maybe start Osgood tomorrow..just a thought

Calgary finds way to ruffle Hasek's feathers

ALLAN MAKI

E-mail Allan Maki | Read Bio | Latest Columns

"CALGARY -- Most of us share the same opinion of Dominik Hasek. We figure the Detroit Red Wings' goaltender is wound tighter than a fishing reel, that he can be pushed over the edge, that he speaks no known language and does so at an alarming speed.

Well, he does speak fast and it sounds something like English and, yes, he can still get worked up during games, sometimes too worked up, as the Calgary Flames demonstrated last night.

Trailing 2-1 in their National Hockey League Western Conference quarter-final against Detroit, the Flames figured it was time to crawl under Hasek's equipment and give him more pressure, more to-the-net traffic, more everything. So they gave him a bump. Then they rattled off a couple of power-play goals. Then they held on for a 3-2 win to make this series a lot more interesting than it looked after Games 1 and 2 in Detroit.

Let's begin with the bump that had Hasek threatening to stick-whack Flames captain Jarome Iginla as he skated behind the Detroit net.

Iginla did get a piece of Hasek, who was set in the crease, but it wasn't as if Iginla pepper-sprayed the veteran puck stopper. No matter. Hasek turned around and waved his stick at Iginla, who instinctively flinched at the possibility of having his head clubbed.

Hasek drew an unsportsmanlike penalty, which put the Red Wings two men short, which led to Daymond Langkow's first of two power-play goals.

Five minutes later, a shot by Calgary's Craig Conroy deflected off a Detroit defenceman and blew past Hasek to give the Flames a 2-1 advantage. By the time the second period ended, Calgary had scored three times on 13 shots, improving on its Game 3 total of three goals on 28 shots.

If the Flames are going to beat Detroit, they must continue to get the better of Hasek, who is now older than his jersey number of 39 and making his first playoff appearance since 2002.

Back then, Hasek was still something of a Dominator in helping Detroit win the Stanley Cup. Then he went home to the Czech Republic before returning to the NHL and getting hurt. He was supposed to help the Ottawa Senators, but didn't deliver and looked old and cranky in the process.

When he re-signed with Detroit, no one was sure what a 42-year-old Hasek could do. To his credit, he guided the Red Wings to the best record in the Western Conference and once again endeared himself to his Detroit teammates.

Honestly, the Red Wings like Hasek, even though they don't quite know what to make of him.

Goalie Chris Osgood, who won a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings, rejoined Detroit last year, only to see Hasek return a year later. Osgood had heard the stories of how the goalie once hailed as the Dominator was . . . different. "Not weird," Osgood said. "Different . . . But he's a true pro."

Of course, anyone who has followed the NHL the past 10 years knows exactly how different Hasek can be. In his prime, he would flop to the ice if even the breeze from a passing forward so much as ruffled him. He did more contortions than Houdini. And he was always losing some piece of his equipment -- gloves, mask, stick -- when making a save.

So when Iginla irked Hasek last night, it was just like old times. Dom bobbled up, his team paid a price and, while he did make several good saves, it wasn't enough to give Detroit the win.

"We didn't do anything in the first two games," said Calgary forward Jeff Friesen, who sat out the opener with an injury. "I was watching him and there was this bird flying around from the rafters [at the Joe Louis Arena] and he's trying to catch the bird when the puck was in our end. He was pretty relaxed in there."

Like his fellow Red Wings, Hasek is not so relaxed any more. Calgary is scoring, and scoring on the power play. Detroit has misplaced its ability to counter with the man advantage. If that trend carries on, this matchup could go the distance, and the Flames would love that knowing how well their goaltender, Miikka Kiprusoff, is performing.

So it's time to settle in and see if Hasek can stay calm and cool in the face of a recharged Calgary team. The Red Wings insist they believe in Hasek because he's dependable and because maybe, after all these years, the Dominator has finally grown up.

Then again, the way he wanted to take a swipe at Iginla, we're not so sure."

Aww, i hope he stays the same ol Dom........kinda like him as he was last night!

Edited by hockeygal

In light of a new day, I dropped the old av and picked this new one. Where's our hockey team, we ask?

It doesn't matter. All that matters is the excellence they must emulate. Shanny and Mac knew it, these guys can too.

The wings need a little adversity. If they can get through this they will finally be a team with a playoff mentality.

Well, well said. :clap:

Well, an article about our Dom,. But I have to agree with it. Maybe playoff pressure is too much for him to handle anymore..Should maybe start Osgood tomorrow..just a thought

Start Ozzie? OMF&@^#%$@G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is getting ridiculous.