• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

"the dominator"

Rate this topic

Alright I know it's easy to blame the goalie.... and it's easy to push the panic button in these situations. I'm not panicking, just clarifying that somethings need to change.

1) Dom needs to stop his god damn antics. WTF was the point in swinging his stick at Iginla? It cost us a goal and a 5 on 3.

2) Dom needs to steal a game. He needs to play like the dominator that we all know he can play like. We saw it in 02, and we've seen it this season too. You need your goalie to steal games for u in the playoffs like Kipper has and like lots of goalie have.

If these things change, the wings will win the series IMO.

Well we lost close series with Joseph... we lost series with manny... we may lose series with Hasek.... Perhaps the goaltending is FINALLY going to be seen as NOT the problem.

if we had the offence. let me restate that if our offence always came thru, and capitilized on power plays, we wouldnt have to worry if hasek was on his "dominator" game or not.

Countdown to puckloo, in 5...

Seriously guys. Our special teams are what killed us in Calgary. Not to take anything away from the Flames, because they certainly played much better than they had in Detroit. But when you go 0-for in 2 games on the PP, and you give up 4 PP goals...

That's a pretty glaring problem if ever I saw one...

Hasek's time has past. Hes still a solid number 1 goalie, but hes in his 40's and his prime is long since gone.

lets put it this way for being 40 years old Hasek is a HELL of a goalie

And maybe its 2-2 now because our special teams suck ass.

Im just sayin...

What you don't like wrister after wrister from beyond the circles on the PP?

The Dom has NOTHING to do with anything but keeping us in these last 2 games until the end. Damn - and I hate golakeeps. All of 'em. thanks.

aloha

from a flames perspective, and with his antics the last time we played you guys in the regular season, thats 2 points and 1 playoff game he's cost your team. Your PP wasn't on, but you guys played a very strong game and the forcheck in the last 8 minutes or so was intense.

I guess i'm not sure what dom's trying to accomplish, other than the obvious attempt to draw a penalty. I just think someone needs to tell him when someone doesn't touch him, and he flops like a wounded baby seal, and then makes the motion of hacking iginla's neck off.. well.. nevermind.

I didn't catch the post game from babcock, did he call him out again?

Edited by Jayems

Dom has not been that impressive in Game 3 and 4. He gave up a soft goal in both games that he should have had. Langkow's game winner in game 4 Hasek should have stolen away, at least I think he is capable of.

This isnt like Manny Legace last year, Dom isnt the reason why we suck. Special Teams suck, our defense makes bad mistakes, Our top line is not scoring, Lang is having a tough time being productive despite his line scoring twice (If he could handle the puck better we might see more goals from that line). We have been 2-2 before and still come out in 6. STAY POSITIVE. Hopefully the Wings can work things out and regroup for the win.

Dom has not been that impressive in Game 3 and 4. He gave up a soft goal in both games that he should have had. Langkow's game winner in game 4 Hasek should have stolen away, at least I think he is capable of.

This isnt like Manny Legace last year, Dom isnt the reason why we suck. Special Teams suck, our defense makes bad mistakes, Our top line is not scoring, Lang is having a tough time being productive despite his line scoring twice (If he could handle the puck better we might see more goals from that line). We have been 2-2 before and still come out in 6. STAY POSITIVE. Hopefully the Wings can work things out and regroup for the win.

Hasek has played poorly like he does since 2002.The play of the team in front of him is what masks that fact.When the D is not there pucks will get by him; he is no more the "human spring& trap" that he once was.On the other side Kipprusoff is starting to carry that team on his back: even the pucks that he can't see he stops.Three words: crash the net.Is the onlt way to get this guy now...

Day in and day out we blame the goalies on this team, but why dont people open their eyes and see that the PP is attrocious. Our series has to be something like 2/20+, its just sad, we cant even keep the puck in their zone, let alone cycle it

Hasek truely dominates when he's on his game, even as a 40-year old, he's Vezina capable. The problem is his temper which shows itself every now and then (such as when he assaulted and underwent a lawsuit from the other player when they were playing inline hockey casually back in the Czech Republic).

Good grief, here we go again...

Yes Hasek needs to stop with the embelishing.

He's proven he's still extremely capable despite being over the hill these past two seasons, and especially this season staying injury free for the most part.

He's the 'tender, no if's/and's/but's. Special teams need to get their act together more than Hasek does. End of story. Case closed.

Guest IrishWing19

Good grief, here we go again...

Yes Hasek needs to stop with the embelishing.

He's proven he's still extremely capable despite being over the hill these past two seasons, and especially this season staying injury free for the most part.

He's the 'tender, no if's/and's/but's. Special teams need to get their act together more than Hasek does. End of story. Case closed.

:clap: I agree with you on that one.

HASEK IS NOT THE DAMN PROBLEM. What is wrong with you people? It was 3-2, not 6-2. Kip allowed 1 less goal and he didn't have to deal with a 5 on 3, give me a break.

The wings don't go down and block shots and they need to do that. I wish they'd do that like Calgary does. The 97, 98, and 02 teams DID BLOCK SHOTS. They didn't do it standing up either, they went DOWN and took away shots. Man I'm pissed.

Guest LivingtheDream

Hasek's antics sure cost us one goal in a one goal game, and I won't soon forgive him for that. However, he is keeping us in every game. Still, we always seem to face these teams with awesome brick wall goalies who despite being pummeled with shots (Sammy doesn't count here), make tons of top notch saves. It would be nice if Dom were that kind of a goalie again, but he so far he isn't dominating. Still, where would the Wings be without Dom this year? He was truly the MVP all season in my book. No, for this recent bought of pathetic hockey, Hasek is last on the list for blame.

Well we lost with Joseph... NEW GOALIE.... we then lost with Legace... NEW GOALIE... and if we lose this series...NEW GOALIE.

What a stupid pattern... What are we changing by getting new goalies? what are the real benefits... our playoff misshaps sure don't change with each new goalie. I must be missing something.

The problem with Dom's play has been soft goals, and if the Wings are going to win this series he is going to have to stop letting softies in. It's the same reason why Wings fans jumped on Legace, Cujo, Osgood, et al. Soft goals absolutely kill any team in the playoffs. That being said, I think Hasek will respond to his play in games 3 and 4 in the same manner he responded to poor play in the first two games of the '02 series against the Nucks...from there out he lived up to the "Dominator" standard and gave one of the best playoff performances by a goalie in recent memory.

Plus, did anyone in here really think the Flames were going to roll over and die after losing the first 2 at the Joe? Sure it would have been nice if they did, but the Flames are a quality team and will certainly be difficult to defeat.

Three possible games left in the series, and two are at the Joe. I like the Wings chances.

The problem with Dom's play has been soft goals, and if the Wings are going to win this series he is going to have to stop letting softies in. It's the same reason why Wings fans jumped on Legace, Cujo, Osgood, et al. Soft goals absolutely kill any team in the playoffs. That being said, I think Hasek will respond to his play in games 3 and 4 in the same manner he responded to poor play in the first two games of the '02 series against the Nucks...from there out he lived up to the "Dominator" standard and gave one of the best playoff performances by a goalie in recent memory.

Plus, did anyone in here really think the Flames were going to roll over and die after losing the first 2 at the Joe? Sure it would have been nice if they did, but the Flames are a quality team and will certainly be difficult to defeat.

Three possible games left in the series, and two are at the Joe. I like the Wings chances.

What goals are you calling Soft? The only goal i consider 'soft', or that I thought he probably shoulda had, is the goal by Iginla in game 3. The rest he was screened or the puck was deflected. I can't think of any others. He's made excellent saves to keep us in the game. it coulda been 5-2 yesterday.

Sure Hasek embellished on the play a bit and sure I was pissed but after watching the replay he was CLEARLY elbowed to the head. Being called for embellishment didn't help things either. The are getting into his head and that's why he's not on his game. He needs to be more focused on protecting the net. That is his problem. We didn't lose the game because of him though. It was our attrocious PP and PK that cost us this one. ERGGGHHHH!!! It's so frustrating.