• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevejim73

Hasek: "if we don't change, we could be in trouble."

Rate this topic

Where's the rope? Sharp objects? Nurse we got a suicide attempter in net again this year! So out of context was that quote. Good try though!

Orignal topic was modified to reflect actual quote... no need to panic... there is nothing to see here... move along!

Edited by OsGOD

great. setting themselves up for disaster. i love it when a pivotal game 5 is approaching and sh!t like this is being said.

don't talk to the press. stay focussed on the beating you took twice in calgary.

He had similar comments after dropping game 5 to the Avs in 02. It's not an indication of things to come, one way or the other.

Guest Crymson

I don't like the Wings chances when the starting goalie is making comments like this. Sounds like Legace last year. :scared: In the article he's also very critical of his teammates' job on special teams.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playo...4078759-cp.html

Way to try to cause a panic.

Someone close this and/or warn the thread-starter, please.. seems like a false thread to me.

I don't think Hasek sounds as if he's not confident. He just doesn't sugar coat anything, just speaking the truth as he sees it.

They need some home cooking, that's all. What did we expect the Calgary press and SLAM to write about the Wings, nice things? :rolleyes:

Not only are they in trouble on the ice, they are in trouble in the box office.

Yeah, cause if you drop a pin in JLA you can hear it right?

Jeez, can we stop this infantile response in every thread? WINGS CAN'T SELL-OUT!!! HA HA HA!!!

I don't think Hasek sounds as if he's not confident. He just doesn't sugar coat anything, just speaking the truth as he sees it.

They need some home cooking, that's all. What did we expect the Calgary press and SLAM to write about the Wings, nice things? :rolleyes:

Your right, With Dom coming out and saying that to the press at least the Wings players know the problem's they've got and will try to fix them, instead of sitting on there butts saying we we're unlucky and crap like that.

Your right, With Dom coming out and saying that to the press at least the Wings players know the problem's they've got and will try to fix them, instead of sitting on there butts saying we we're unlucky and crap like that.

topic title is a bit misleading, if you ask me, since it's an opinion and not what was said. Hasek and Lidstrom are both known for telling it like it is. If someone wants to take it to mean the Wings are not confident, then so be it, I guess. I don't get that from the article. It's more of a "we need to challenge ourselves" mentality.

The Wings know what they need to do. You are correct in your comments, too, GCW. The Wings know there is no such thing as luck. Bad calls and bad bounces, yes, but you make your own luck out there.

I don't like the Wings chances when the starting goalie is making comments like this. Sounds like Legace last year. :scared: In the article he's also very critical of his teammates' job on special teams.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playo...4078759-cp.html

The full quote:

"Their special teams have been better and not a just little bit better, but much better and it's a big difference," said Hasek. "We have to do small things better on both the power play and the penalty killing. And that can be a difference in the next two or three games, but if we don't change it, we could be in trouble."

Do you seriously think this is anything like what Legace said last year? :blink:

He said their special teams were better. And that the Wings need to do small things better or they could be in trouble.

Hardly a critical statement, just stating the obvious.

Seriously, step away from the ledge. You're reading waaaaay too much into this little comment.

I am just going to lay it all out on the line and expose myself to certain ridcule.... and i quote myself

If the wings don't win two of there next three games... they are in deep trouble

There i said it... off to go cut myself now ;)

Edited by OsGOD

You guys may not care to hear a Flames fan's perspective, but I think Hasek is just being blunt, not critical.

That said, I also think he's wrong. Our special teams haven't exactly dominated the play. I'd say we're generating few if any more chances on our PP then the wings are. Capitalizing is the difference of course. Much like game 2. the 3rd was pretty even until Filppula (great looking young player BTW) gets one chance and whamo- we're sunk.

I think your coach got it right. On Calgary radio yesterday he was talking about getting a good start. Something to the effect of 'the team that starts the fastest wins 90% of the time'.

In game 1 and 2 the flames came out cold and couldn't recover. The flames took penalty after penalty and never got un-tracked. In game 3 and 4 the wings came out cold and couldn't recover. The wings didn't take as many penalties but again just couldn't get untracked. I think the PP goals are the result of that, not the cause....if that makes sense.

Both teams look kinda fraglile in that sense. Though I think Det has responded better than Calgary, the results have been similar.

LOL.

Hasek sounds nothing like Manny did. He's calling out his team and rightfully so. I'd rather have a goaltender that has the balls to say what's on his mind and be completely blunt, then one that just sits back and shuts his mouth. He's letting them know that they need to do certain things better to win the series. He's right.

Guest Crymson

Hes calling out his team , because of how bad there were in games 3&4 on special teams.

Legace , give me a break "I want to kill myself"

Hasek's too proud to ever think of that.

Legace's quote was after the fact, and in my mind his were the words of a heartbroken goalie who placed the blame for the loss entirely on his own shoulders. I don't understand why he was so reviled for them.

If only there was a game on tonight, so there would be a lot fewer of these threads.

Its quite easy,

When the Wings win, its "WOOT THE CUP IS OURS"

When we lose: "Wow f**king Robert Lang should be killed and have is remains expelled from this plane of existance"

I am guilty of it, but I am complaining about specific things that Lang and others did, so I am not a bandwagon hopper... just a constructive critic (hopefully)