• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Toretella drops an F-bomb

Rate this topic

That game got pretty heated at the end. John Maclean and Torterella were getting into it after Pratt beat up Langenbrunner.

I tell you, there is nothing that gets my blood pumping more than an already decided playoff game with a few minutes left.

Who's Toretella? :P

Anywho, John Tortorella really does have a bad temper and is occasionally a hot head. That being said though, I still think he's a great coach. He's not afraid to call a player out if there not having a good game, despite their status of how long they've been on the team or any other crap like that, that usually exempts players from criticism. Tortorella is a great coach in my opinion.

Oh I saw that live, it was amazing.... :lol: I am going to try and aquire the video clip.... the chirping at the end of the game combined with the post game antics.....Tortorella has single handedly bumped the Lightning out of the spot of my 2nd least favourite team....

I saw it too. I was pretty surprised that CBC didn't make Ron apologize for the network immediately after it happened. Glad to see they didn't cut the rest of the interview short and censor everything.

Canada seems to have different censorship laws. I can't tell you the number of times when watching CBC (when I still lived in MI) that I'd hear someone spouting profanities in a movie or the occasional episode of Kids In The Hall or, in one really odd case, naked people running around. My mom was the one who fell prey to the latter. That said, I hope Don Cherry keeps his suit on.

Guest Crymson

Tampa Bay head coach John Toretella dropped the f-bomb when being interviewed on CBC. When a question wasnt answered the reporter asked why is he here and Toretella said to get the F out then.

Who cares? Why is this a big deal? It's just a free-standing word.

Edited by Crymson

Toretella always has to have a play-off freak out. Remember last when he was talking about John Ghramme :crazy: .

It's amusing, and it doesn't exactly happen every day.

Thanks for playing!

Actually Toreterella has a lot of freak outs and they're not always swearing but definatley some angry moments (usually around play-off time)

Live, unedited awesomeness:

:banana:

Audio/Video is poor because it was recorded with a digital camera on a TV, hopefully a better quality one is released in the near future.....

Guest hockeygal

Tortorella can be such a jerk when being interviewed

I would imagine he will get a fine for that

Ron Wilson, got a fine for Not Commenting on the SJ\Preds game

He's not afraid to call a player out if there not having a good game, despite their status of how long they've been on the team or any other crap like that, that usually exempts players from criticism. Tortorella is a great coach in my opinion.

Agreed.

He sees no difference between "star" players and "depth" guys. Not too long ago he was on Vinny big time to elevate his game and be a real leader on that team. Many thought it would cost him his job calling out big names like that. He fears no-one. Now just a few years later look at the player Vinny has become with a Cup ring to boot. He himself has said Johnny T has made him that much better a player. If only more coaches ran their team that way.

He really does look like the Fonz. :lol:

Toretella always has to have a play-off freak out. Remember last when he was talking about John Ghramme :crazy: .

Actually Toreterella has a lot of freak outs and they're not always swearing but definatley some angry moments (usually around play-off time)

True, but this is pretty gold.

Yeah I've become a big fan of Torts over the years too. I think he's a great coach. Like a few have already said, he isn't afraid to come down on a star player, or a player that should be a star....Vinny being the best example. Those two didn't get along for a while and he was always giving it to Vinny, because he knew how good Vinny could be and he wanted him to be that player. Finally, he is.

Another reason I like him is because he gives his star players lots of ice time. Vinny and St Louis sometimes get over 25 minutes a game. Being a huge Pens fans, I always tell my gf (she's a huge Bolts fan), that I hope if they fire Torts the Pens sign him. Crosby doesn't even average 20 minutes a game. With Torts there, he would be playing Crosby A LOT. Which would most likely lead to more points.

But yeah, he dropped the F-Bomb, but he's a coach, he's got hockey in his blood, and realistically, like most of us who play hockey, who can go before, during, or after a game without saying that. But being in front of the media and cameras, one could argue he should know better and held back. But sometimes the emotions get the best of us. Maybe he will be fined, so what though.

Like someone else said, it's just a word. Lots of people still take offence to it today, but many others realize it's just a word, and it's only offensive if you want it to be. CBC and Canada in general seems more laid back and to them it's not really as much of a big deal. Sometimes on CBC late at night you'll see some weird movie with nudity in it. They are farther ahead than the US, I think, in their thinking and not letting trivial things upset or offend them.

I'm really hoping Tampa can win that series. I wasn't able to watch the game last night because I had a hockey game myself, but from what I heard, Tampa seemed to dominate most the play. I believe NJ scored 2 goals (plus 1 empty netter) in 13 or 14 shots, meanwhile Marty stopped 31 for a shutout. So I would think Tampa did everything right, but score. And let's face it, when Marty is on, he's the best guy in the world. Go Bolts!