• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drw13

Potential good news

Rate this topic

I was perusing yahoo sports and I came across this nugget in a story about Game 5, that might please alot of people on here.

"Babcock did not say what lineup changes, if any, he planned to make Saturday. But Mikael Samuelsson or Kyle Calder could be scratched to get Jiri Hudler back on the ice."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AnkP...p&type=lgns

Im hopin it's Samuelsson and not Calder, and that Babs actually does get Huddles back on the ice.

I will scratch Babcock if he benches Kyle. WHY him and not Sammy? Is there something I'm missing.

But it'd be fantastic to see Rex back! Just keep Calds in, bring in little Huds and bench Sammy.

Babcock likes Samuelsson because Samulesson is a big body, and Calder is somewhat small. Babcock misses the point though, as Calder is gritty and Samulesson is a *****.

I will scratch Babcock if he benches Kyle. WHY him and not Sammy? Is there something I'm missing.

But it'd be fantastic to see Rex back! Just keep Calds in, bring in little Huds and bench Sammy.

He's hungry, you know. Hungry like the...

Burning the ground, I break from the crowd

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

I smell like I sound, I'm lost and I'm found

And I'm hungry like the wolf

Strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

Mouth is alive with juices like wine

And I'm hungry like the wolf

;)

Sammy is not a big body. He's a below average player who had a career year LAST year.

Calder is everything we need in these playoffs, tough and unafraid.

I'd play 12-15 guys that stand 5' tall if they all played like Kyle!!!

Sadly, I don't think Babcock has ever really been fair to Hudler. Let's hope Babcock has learned his lesson, and if true, let's hope for a good game from Hudler. There's a picture of Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier in todays' NHL' story about the Rangers sweep of the Thrashers which I couldn't figure out how to paste herein. If somebody can, it's a great visual of height difference. In any case St. Louis and Hudler both wear number 26! If number 19 (Yzerman's number) has now become the number of outstanding centers (Joe Thornton, et.al.), is 26 now the number of "diminutives?" GO HUDLER!

Yes, I knew that Yzerman asked for number 19 because Bryan Trottier was his "role model."

IMO, Hudler for Samuellson is a definate upgrade....Hudler for Calder is a downgrade...Calder only played what like five minutes last game?? For some reason he's in Babcock's doghouse...and Sammy is obviosly an integral part of our power play (/sarcasm)...if he comes in for anyone, I bet its Calder :thumbdown:

Samuelsson, I try to give him the benefit of the doubt as much as possible on here when he gets roasted, but if Hudler plays and if Calder is scratched over him, I'll definitely be scratching my head and pondering that move.

I was perusing yahoo sports and I came across this nugget in a story about Game 5, that might please alot of people on here.

"Babcock did not say what lineup changes, if any, he planned to make Saturday. But Mikael Samuelsson or Kyle Calder could be scratched to get Jiri Hudler back on the ice."

Um, you people did read this before reacting right? Babs did not say - its the reporters opinion. Sounds like Eklund or Boss is working at yahoo......

Babcock is moron if he sits calder... that is all there is to it. complete and utter moron!

So basically we got calder to help us cap off an "almost" #1 regular season and then f-up line combinations so that the players he wants to fail... Do... and then bench them accordingly? WTF, mate! if sammy is in and Calder is out... Babs doesn't deserve a ring on his finger!

A think a large reason he doesn't want to scratch Sammy, is he feels he needs him on the point on the PP with his shot. I'd put money on the fact, that if Kronwall wasn't injured, Sammy would have a greater chance of sitting. Of course IMO, Sammy shouldn't be on the PP at all, I trust Lebda more.

Things:

-Hudler with 5-8 minutes with Flip is a bigger influence than most of the players with thir 20 minutes.

-I have come to the conclussion that Babs is telling Sammy to take shots from anywhere, and telling Lang to float around a bit and wait for plays to heppen....which is why he won't bench them.

-Babs does not like players that HC likes...

I was surprised when they even mentioned benching Calder...... they better not bench him........ he's an awesome player, way better than Samuelson.... put in Huds, bench Samuelson!!!! GO WINGS!!!

Guest Crymson

I can't believe he's actually considering scratching Calder for that puss bag Samulesson. If he seriously does this, I will be so mad...

I'd be furious.

They'd better attach an electrode to Lang, too, so they can zap his ass into working whenever he decides to take a nap on the ice.