• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CNDHockeyFan

No respect

Rate this topic

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

Hey buddy here's my 2 cents! I think ur f***ed! How the hell can u even dare defending MCclennan when Franzen didnt do nething, his career is over hes suspended hes done! than u ahve the most classless captain in the NHl taking cheap shots all over the rink, AND LEBDAS HTI WAS NOT LOW< IT WAS A CLEAN HIPCHECK!!! BUT LANGKOW IS SUCKER PUNCHED LEBDA, so dont f***en blame this s*** on the wings, the flames and there coaching staff are classes assholes that need to be taught a lesson! They dont deserve to even be in the same league as the Red Wings, nothing but a bunch of goons these guys are! Disgaceful!

My mouth fell open after seeing that hit on Franzen by McLennan. Calgary is a bunch of babies who have all the same poor sportmans attitudes when they lose. Every single one of the players were playing dirty including the coach for letting it continue as it did. There should have been at least 2 more Calgary players ejected from that game. They don't deserve to continue playing in the playoffs, and it will be a sad day if they win this round.

Edited by fracus

I live in Edmonton, so it's like a 3 hour drive. We'll make a day trip of it, I'll pack sandwiches.

-John

It will take me bout a 5 or six Hour flight from Mexico City, but I'll bring some TACOS

SEE YOU THERE GUYS

LETS SHOW THE FLAMES THE POWER OF WATER!

Edited by foreignfan

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

HEY TROLL, GET OFF OUR BRIDGE!!!!! I think that its fitting that Nashville and Calgary will be eliminated in the same weekend, now you goons can have a party together and reconfigure your gameplans on the golfcourse. I cannot believe someone is defending The Flamers!!!! Playfair intended McClennen to do what he did, there is no doubt about it,for you to come on here and have the stones to say that is CRAZY!!!! so if that is fair in your eyes, then I guess not only did I lose alot of respect for the Flames but some of there fans as well, Just remember, what goes around,comes around!!! We beat you with class and we will CONTINUE to beat you with class, so go turtle with your gutless flamers!!!!

Im not usually in favor of censorship due to differing opinion, but if the mods banned the draftees who obviously signed up to talk smack rather than express and opinion, Id be fine with that.

-The Wings havent been running Kipper.

-Iginla has been a poor example of a Captain in this series, especially the losses. (Captains need to lose with pride and dignity)

-The Flames have pulled and gotten away with way more cheap shots this series that shoudl be included in the phrase "Physical hockey"

-Mclennan was sending a message. An 18 second shift, and thats what he does? Dont tell me he wasnt out there for that exact purpose. Those slashes on Franzen were hard, not taps, and the double handed baseball swing was OVERTLY blatant. There is NO roon in hockey for that.

-Langkow sucker-uppercut Lebda, after what was a hip check gone wrong. He held his head, uppercut him, then held him in a headlock, while looking to see if a ref/linesman was watching. Dirty. Period.

The bottom line is that Calgary got WHIPPED today, and they threw a tantrum. They should be embarassed.

Amen to that brother.

For me the bottom line is that Calgary will get owned in their own arena, I mean if all that "PHYSICAL HOCKEY" isn't a sign that they're desperate, I don't know what it is.

Just my 2 cents

"Classless team"? You didn't see the Red Wings giving upper cuts to people already down on the ice, or try to start a fight after every stoppage, or trying to take off someones head with their stick. Your the kind of person who makes hockey classless because you agree with what they did.

Edited by fracus

Just my 2 cents

This post is disgusting.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Just my 2 cents

Lol Legionairre get in here we need an unbiased guy.

Guest Crymson

What would you call it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_yoZwa24AJ4

I'd call it "pointing my stick with one hand at the guy who just elbowed me in the face."

Hasek'd have to be really strong to hurt Iginla with one hand--and it wouldn't be spearing in the first place--and he's also need to be very flexible, as he could see Iginla for Iggy's whole trip around the net, and Iggy was at no time even remotely within Dom's stick range.

Seriously, give it up. I doubt even the CBC announcers, or indeed even any other fan of the Flames, or for that matter any hockey fan on earth, agrees with your assessment. Probably Iggy would disagree with you too, as well as the rest of the Flames organization; none of them have come out to protest what would indeed have been a heinous act. A spear to the face would be very damaging.

I say again: give it up.

Dude.. you didn't even watch the video I posted. That youtube clip is of Hasek trying to spear Iginla in the face. And what the hell is a homer?

spear iginla in the face?

do you even know what spearing is?

At most it looked like Dom thought about taking a swing and thought better of it. So if anything he got a penalty for holding his stick toward Igoonla in a threatening manner.

A homer is what you are as a calgary fan.

It wasn't a woodchopping swing by any means... that's what i'm trying to say. He should have got a penalty for it, but there was other cheap shots (by both teams) that I thought were alot worse. Iginla had some dirty cross checks in their, some wing tried to take out Lankows knee's, Lankow responded with an uppercut (justified, but still dirty), Datzyuk elbowed Phaneuff in the face while taking a check, etc... That's playoff hockey, people here are crying about it as if Jamie tried to hack off his leg Hextall style.

McLennan definaltly woodchopped at Franzen he was skating by after the whistle there was no reason for him to do what he did. Lebda did not try to take out Lankow's knee's it was a clean hip check maybe you need to watch some 1980's hockey to see what a hipcheck is since it's not used a lot anymore. The uppercut was not justified; Calgary in all 3 games here have lost there composure; other than Hasek and his stupd stick swinging incident have kept their composure.

Calgary may call it "sending a message," regarding the hits by Iginla and Langkow. But hitting Franzen with a baseball swing is saying that "Well, we're a little scared, regardless of home ice." This will light a fire under the Red Wings, and my faith in them is at a huge high right now.

Oh, and saying Hasek tried to spear Iginla is pure bulls***. He was merely pointing at him trying to call a penalty. Hasek actually has class.

remember when driving the net and screening the goalie was called playoff hockey...seriously Calgary scores goals the same way we do by attacking the netminder, the fact of the matter is the can see that they just aren't as good as we are so they are looking for some kind of excuse like a bunch of babies