• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CNDHockeyFan

No respect

Rate this topic

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

To me, running a goalie means coming in full speed down the wing and putting a shoulder into the goalie. They should be going quickly, hence the term "Running the goalie". Bumping a goalie around the edge of the crease is just a hockey play, and it's been happening both ways. It happens in every series. It happens in the regular season, and it happens in the postseason. It is a penalty, and more often than not, the Wings get called for it.

If you were a true hockey fan, then you would know that the goalie has sparingly been run by either team all series. Bumps, pileups (including defenseman), and poking at the puck while it's in the crease are not "Running the goalie".

The fact that you defend McClennan is deplorable. 95% of the people on this board would condemn our goalie for doing that, you should condemn yours.

I don't care what you think about goalies not being properly protected, if you're defending McLennan's woodchopping swing, you've obviously got no idea about what a reasonable response should be.

Unfortunately, it seems like the Flames never took anger management classes, unbelievable goonery in the last part of the game today.

I see people comparing what Bert did to Mclennan.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

McLennan, ***** that he is needed a weapon in his hand.

That should be assault and he should have been arrested. Isnt that what the faggy canadian press said about McSoerly and Bert?

Ill bet they dont think that way about this situation.

Excellent veiled attack on Canada, I bet your mother is proud.

-John

Edited by Hemmers

You forgetting that Hasek tried to spear Iginla in the face?

Haha, calling that ***** wave he did a spear is a little much, and most everyone here was calling him an idiot for taking the penalty. It was a little bump by Iggy, a part of the game. Hasek lost it and waved his stick at Iggy. Everyone here was pissed that he lost it and took the penalty, putting us down 5-3. I suggest you take the same attitude toward your players.

There was no intent to injure.. he hit him lightly with the broad side of his stick and Franzen took a dive.

Maybe there was no intent to injure, but how the hell could you possibly justify what Jamie did out there? Tell me how you would react if Hasek had taken a baseball swing at Iginla with his stick. You're a buffoon. What the Flames did today was deplorable, pure and simple.

But I don't expect a response to this post, because you don't have enough class to admit that what McLennan did was wrong. If you think actions like that belong in the game of hockey, you've got another thing coming.

Guest Crymson

There was no intent to injure.. he hit him lightly with the broad side of his stick and Franzen took a dive.

It was a chop, plain and simple; it was a move made out of anger, plain and simple; it was utterly unacceptable, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I don't see why you attempt to defend this.

What a joke. Did you really try to say this? Do you value your credibility? Evidently not.

I don't care what you think about goalies not being properly protected, if you're defending McLennan's woodchopping swing, you've obviously got no idea about what a reasonable response should be.

Unfortunately, it seems like the Flames never took anger management classes, unbelievable goonery in the last part of the game today.

-John

It wasn't a woodchopping swing by any means... that's what i'm trying to say. He should have got a penalty for it, but there was other cheap shots (by both teams) that I thought were alot worse. Iginla had some dirty cross checks in their, some wing tried to take out Lankows knee's, Lankow responded with an uppercut (justified, but still dirty), Datzyuk elbowed Phaneuff in the face while taking a check, etc... That's playoff hockey, people here are crying about it as if Jamie tried to hack off his leg Hextall style.

HAHAHAHA no intent to injure? your right he though that chopping someone with a full swing into the chest/stomach area would be a good way to "tickle" Franzen. He just wanted to play a friendly game of tickel torture. You are an idiot. Its really showing through now.....

Thoughts from a first-time poster and long-time wings fan ... I can live with Iginla's actions, if they were isolated they wouldn't be a big deal, the butt-end was iffy and I don't think the intent was to injure, everyone knows he's their sparkplug and when they're down he gets rough to try to fire them up ... on our team we'd love that ...

Huselius is a *****, it was a clean hip check, and that was a sucker punch all the way ...

I've got to agree that McLennan was sent out there for one purpose and he served it ... you can't tell me his frustration boiled over after 15 seconds ...

Lick my balls, ****** bag

First off, why are we talking to this moron...

Secondly, read the Forum rules... starting crap and personal attacks has no place here... get lost.

This guy is just here to start crap... let him go back to the whole from which he resides.

I love Edmonton fans rooting for Detroit. :lol:

It's cool, the Oil are and were light years classier than the Flames, even when they had Cap'n Cross-check (that's Pronger for the uninitiated) on board.

Well, Detroit's my choice in the West (although I do like San Jose too), so I'll keep cheering for the Wings unless they run into the Senators.. then I'm afraid I'll have to switch sides.

And now that the gap-toothed wonder is in Anaheim, any ill will you have towards him is only magnified in Edmonton.

-John

What would you call it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_yoZwa24AJ4

I'd call it a dirty chop. Apparently you are such a damn homer you can't look at it as dirty.

By the way, fans of other teams are all calling that play dirty. Fans of the Preds, Stars, Sharks, Hawks, and others all agree with the way we feel. Only you dickface Calgary fans actually thought it was clean.

Baseball swing to the chest, 'tis nothing, eh?

Please, provide examples of Kipper being run. I've already got a reply floating around in this thread:

"How many times has Kipper been 'run?' Cleary's Earth-Shattering nudge in Game 2? Maltby getting shoved onto him today? Kipper's been well protected and unmolested for the duration of this series."

PLEASE LET ME QUOTE A REAL FLAMES FAN, THIS WAS REALLY POSTED ON A CALGARY FORUM:

feartheflames

Scoring Winger

Exp:

Skill:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could feeel it coming, with Iggy and noodles screaming at the detroit bench , daring them to touch kipper again. KUDOS NOODLES, you made me proud

meh

HOLY s*** THE ASSHOLES ARE PROUD OF IT, ANYWAY WE DIDN'T TAKE (WE DON'T TAKE, WILL NOT TAKE) CHEAP SHOTS, IF THE WINGS GO DOWN THEY GO DOWN LIKE GENTLEMEN

AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!

LET'S GO RED WINGS, LET'S FINISH THIS IN THEIR DOME!

PLEASE LET ME QUOTE A REAL FLAMES FAN, THIS WAS REALLY POSTED ON A CALGARY FORUM:

feartheflames

Scoring Winger

Exp:

Skill:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could feeel it coming, with Iggy and noodles screaming at the detroit bench , daring them to touch kipper again. KUDOS NOODLES, you made me proud

meh

HOLY s*** THE ASSHOLES ARE PROUD OF IT, ANYWAY WE DIDN'T TAKE (WE DON'T TAKE, WILL NOT TAKE) CHEAP SHOTS, IF THE WINGS GO DOWN THEY GO DOWN LIKE GENTLEMEN

AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!

LET'S GO RED WINGS, LET'S FINISH THIS IN THEIR DOME!

lol, you really got the bibliography going there

He never touched him.....so i dunno i would call the nice Elbow that hasek took to the face dirty, but haske did nothing but try to scare IGGY.

Who is Noodles?

nickname for MCLENNAN

He never touched him.....so i dunno i would call the nice Elbow that hasek took to the face dirty, but haske did nothing but try to scare IGGY.

Who is Noodles?

Yeah, it looked more like Hasek was feinting at Iginla, and I imagine there was something said by him along the lines of 'Do it again and I will shove this stick where the sun does not shine'.

And seconded, who's Noodles?

If the refs don't stop the goaltenders from getting run, someones got to... I'll support him too.

What McLennan and Bertuzzi did were nothing alike... McLennan barely hit him, but regardless.

Calgary fans don't boo Bertuzzi over the Moore incident, we boo him because he was a canuck. Just like we boo Pronger because he was an oiler.

By that logic, you should boo Roman Hamrlik too. Just saying.