• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 fracus

fracus

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(CNDHockeyFan @ April 21, 2007 - 06:01PM) View Post

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

"Classless team"? You didn't see the Red Wings giving upper cuts to people already down on the ice, or try to start a fight after every stoppage, or trying to take off someones head with their stick. Your the kind of person who makes hockey classless because you agree with what they did.

Edited by fracus, 21 April 2007 - 08:08 PM.

#82 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

As a hockey fan in general, and a goaltender that has been playing for over 12 years at varying levels I am very disturbed at the lack of respect for goaltenders in this series. Even more so at the Red Wings, this is a team that has shown little to no respect for goaltenders and in general other players on the ice. I guess this is reflection of a team that would pick up a player like Todd Bertuzzi, hits that are low on players, hitting other players into there own goaltender, putting elbows up when other players are coming in for a clean hit. It is no wonder why the Flames backup did what he did in the last few minutes, live by the sword die by the sword… and in what is now becoming true Red Wings style the player over sells something and takes away from the game (not that what he did was right). It has proved to be a classless team, and one of my favorite players in International hockey Kris Draper has sold himself out and started to buy into a system that is not a true reflection of how the game is to be played. From a true hockey fan I am just disgusted at this team and if the flames don’t knock them out of the playoffs I hope the next team does.

Just my 2 cents

This post is disgusting.

#83 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

Just my 2 cents

Lol Legionairre get in here we need an unbiased guy.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#84 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(stev0 @ April 21, 2007 - 05:23PM) View Post

What would you call it?

I'd call it "pointing my stick with one hand at the guy who just elbowed me in the face."

Hasek'd have to be really strong to hurt Iginla with one hand--and it wouldn't be spearing in the first place--and he's also need to be very flexible, as he could see Iginla for Iggy's whole trip around the net, and Iggy was at no time even remotely within Dom's stick range.

Seriously, give it up. I doubt even the CBC announcers, or indeed even any other fan of the Flames, or for that matter any hockey fan on earth, agrees with your assessment. Probably Iggy would disagree with you too, as well as the rest of the Flames organization; none of them have come out to protest what would indeed have been a heinous act. A spear to the face would be very damaging.

I say again: give it up.

#85 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(stev0 @ April 21, 2007 - 04:33PM) View Post

Dude.. you didn't even watch the video I posted. That youtube clip is of Hasek trying to spear Iginla in the face. And what the hell is a homer?

spear iginla in the face?

do you even know what spearing is?

At most it looked like Dom thought about taking a swing and thought better of it. So if anything he got a penalty for holding his stick toward Igoonla in a threatening manner.

A homer is what you are as a calgary fan.

#86 EMG77

EMG77

Jr. Prospect

• Silver Booster
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(stev0 @ April 21, 2007 - 07:21PM) View Post

It wasn't a woodchopping swing by any means... that's what i'm trying to say. He should have got a penalty for it, but there was other cheap shots (by both teams) that I thought were alot worse. Iginla had some dirty cross checks in their, some wing tried to take out Lankows knee's, Lankow responded with an uppercut (justified, but still dirty), Datzyuk elbowed Phaneuff in the face while taking a check, etc... That's playoff hockey, people here are crying about it as if Jamie tried to hack off his leg Hextall style.

McLennan definaltly woodchopped at Franzen he was skating by after the whistle there was no reason for him to do what he did. Lebda did not try to take out Lankow's knee's it was a clean hip check maybe you need to watch some 1980's hockey to see what a hipcheck is since it's not used a lot anymore. The uppercut was not justified; Calgary in all 3 games here have lost there composure; other than Hasek and his stupd stick swinging incident have kept their composure.

#87 farmerfran

farmerfran

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

Calgary may call it "sending a message," regarding the hits by Iginla and Langkow. But hitting Franzen with a baseball swing is saying that "Well, we're a little scared, regardless of home ice." This will light a fire under the Red Wings, and my faith in them is at a huge high right now.

Oh, and saying Hasek tried to spear Iginla is pure bulls***. He was merely pointing at him trying to call a penalty. Hasek actually has class.

#88 Sentonial Debut

Sentonial Debut

WE ARE THE D

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

remember when driving the net and screening the goalie was called playoff hockey...seriously Calgary scores goals the same way we do by attacking the netminder, the fact of the matter is the can see that they just aren't as good as we are so they are looking for some kind of excuse like a bunch of babies