• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Keep Hudler in the lineup

Rate this topic

I don't think Hudler did anything fantastic (He probably only had 2 shifts before the game go out of hand), but I agree with the premise of this thread because I don't want to change a winning lineup.

He did have one play that jumped out to me. He made a really good play backchecking to prevent a point blank Calgary opportunity.

No offense, but are you kidding me? Franzen's been an asset in both zones, and has been skating hard in addition to throwing his body around.

Not to mention scoring points. I think Jamie McClellan wrote this.

I think, Franzen, should be out.

WHAT??? Franzen has been AWESOME the ENTIRE series.

Sorry for my ignorance, but, today's game, was the first I've watched, since game 1. So, I just didn't see any use for him. But, if he's done good, as you say, then I'm sorry, and retract that statement.

Did you really watch the game even then?? He showed amazing hockey smarts on Chelios' shorthanded goal. He couldve passed the puck to Draper, but he had his head on right and showed patience in waiting for the late man. Not to mention he hits like hell and pisses the other team off.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Take out Lang and keep Hudler and Calder.

God I can't believe Im saying this...But I agree. At this point I would honestly rather have Calder and Huds in over Lang. But man I hope Langer proves us wrong.

No offense, but are you kidding me? Franzen's been an asset in both zones, and has been skating hard in addition to throwing his body around.

Absolutely. Franzen has been excellent on both ends. Great seeing him play like this. Especially in the post-season.

I'm interested in wandering if/how Calder got into Babcock's dog house. He hasn't been a superstar by any stretch of the imagination, but he hasn't just flat out been awful.

I want Rex to remain in and I'd prefer Calder in the lineup over Samuelsson, but Samuelsson had a decent game today and threw his body around to an extent. His long/unscreened shots are annoying, but just trying to give Sammy some credit and love when he's almost always roasted on here.

I'm crazy about Hudler, especially considering his small physique and the numbers he's put up in the past couple years in Grand Rapids. He's already reminding me of a St. Louis or a Gionta -- always digging hard and being a thorn in the side of the opponent. While I am a little skeptical about his professional experience, I feel he can be a key player in the post-season.

I'm interested in wandering if/how Calder got into Babcock's dog house. He hasn't been a superstar by any stretch of the imagination, but he hasn't just flat out been awful.

I want Rex to remain in and I'd prefer Calder in the lineup over Samuelsson, but Samuelsson had a decent game today and threw his body around to an extent. His long/unscreened shots are annoying, but just trying to give Sammy some credit and love when he's almost always roasted on here.

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

I think Calder's grinding style is more needed for game 6 that Sammy or Lang's float-and-hope-for-an-easy-one-timer style. Although Sammy has showed some grit lately (putting Iginlame's face in the boards comes to mind, and not to mention the Anaheim game at the end of the season).

Sammy is finishing his checks and getting scoring chances.

Miakel Samuelsson? Hey I like the dude as much as most fans, but that statement is hilarious. Sammuelsson hasn't done much, and i'd like to see Calder benched a game then brought back in - see if that fires him up. Samuelsson makes s***ty passes, is soft on the puck and continually shoots A) wide or B) into Kipper's chest. Cmon.

Sorry for my ignorance, but, today's game, was the first I've watched, since game 1. So, I just didn't see any use for him. But, if he's done good, as you say, then I'm sorry, and retract that statement.

If you've only seen two games in the series, please refrain from suggestions, because you really just sounded like a complete idiot there.